I am still bent about my best friend growing up. I gave him a nice 7mm mag rifle for a wedding gift. and so he would go elk hunting with me. found out last year he traded it for a old rusted out chevy nova. that he never did shit with and ended up selling off. the rifle was passed down to me and I was very disappointed to find out he traded it. I know him a little better over the deal but still he sux

• Like 1

that's the kind of stuff my brother-in-law and I do to each other, but we both know we're going to screw each other over at any opportunity. ain't playing with family great. just let it go or call him and say you need the ammo back to fight off a coming zombie attack.

Already selling his AR? Something wrong with it, or was he one of those spoiled kids who always got a toy and then got bored with it within a week, so his parents took it back to the store?

• Like 2

There's nothing more special than being dry fucked by your own family, that's why I stay the hell away, as far away from mine as I can. They think because we own our own business, we have money, for them to spend as they see fit, or "borrow" things that never get returned, because we can buy new ones, or expect us to foot the bills for their stupidity. NOPE, you stay over there, and we'll stay over here, and everyone can carry on with their lives.

But, you did "give" it to him, that said, it doesn't make him any less an asshole, prick, cocksucking bastard, worthless piece of shit, all round "nice" guy. :)

Wow ak Monty. I think we found the douche.

Ha no fucking kidding! I'm not surprised though, 90% of his posts make him look like an immature little punk anyway.

+1

I get that its his stuff now (forgot about the pmag too...) but I wouldn't have given it to him had I known he'd just get rid of it.

Mancat, yes. He was the baby in his house and his mom bent over backward for him.

I knew he wouldn't keep the AR for ever, but I did think he'd keep it longer than this.

Edited by Pyzik

Sounds like the "No good deed goes unpunished" thing.

You were trying to help out a friend and that is very cool. Turned out to be not the friend you thought he was and that is uncool.

I wouldn't piss on his head if his hair was on fire from now on.

I gave a car to my (EX) brother in law years ago when he was in a pinch and "didnt have money to buy one". The very next week he sold it and found some money to "buy the car he wanted". Lesson learned I only give now when I truly have NO expectations what so ever especially when it is family! The real topper though.....I paid for ALL my daughters college expenses ( my EX her mother paid 0) and to this day over ten years later she still acts like I still owe her! So never underestimate the selfishness of relatives especially NEEDY ONES!

• Like 2

Dude you need to learn to put things in perspective, you gave a gift after that it’s his to do with as he wants. Granted if he had some integrity he’d have returned it but short of that time for you to cowboy up.

If you thought that was bad get a divorce, (as stated above) that’s where you get a totally legal fuck’n you’ll laugh about small shit like some ammo. He didn’t get the kids, house, a chunk of your income for life, the car, and everything else you ever had, all he got was a pocket full of bullets. Hell you got off cheap.

• Like 2

I say, just spray a little Teflon on your shoulders and just let it roll off. Cheap lesson that could have been a lot more costly. The jerk who does these things is not even worth all of the Negative Energy getting put out and bringing you down.

He is not worth the stress. I have had similar things happen to me. However, I refuse to stop being a generous person to others......just to the jerks. When it happens to me, I have learned to just chuckle and relalize I made a small error in judgement on that guys character....."Fool me once" type of thing.

There have been many folks That I have been generous to that have repaid my kindness Tenfold.

Put it this way......Do you stop your car and worry about the mess made every time you hit a bug with your car????

Fuck no, and he is just one of those bugs........there will be plenty more bugs on your car, so don't let them spoil the drive, Bro!!!!

• Like 2

I say, just spray a little Teflon on your shoulders and just let it roll off. Cheap lesson that could have been a lot more costly. The jerk who does these things is not even worth all of the Negative Energy getting put out and bringing you down.

He is not worth the stress. I have had similar things happen to me. However, I refuse to stop being a generous person to others......just to the jerks. When it happens to me, I have learned to just chuckle and relalize I made a small error in judgement on that guys character....."Fool me once" type of thing.

There have been many folks That I have been generous to that have repaid my kindness Tenfold.

Put it this way......Do you stop your car and worry about the mess made every time you hit a bug with your car????

Fuck no, and he is just one of those bugs........there will be plenty more bugs on your car, so don't let them spoil the drive, Bro!!!!

I know Rob is a nice guy he offered to get me some ammo i could not find locally and ship it to me and didn't want anything in return just the costs of the ammo and shipping. There are good people out there and there are ones who would sell their Grandma for a profit now you know which one of those guys your cousin is.

• Like 1

I don't think anybody has said that the stuff was not legally the douchebag cousin's to do with what he will. Those of you making that point should pull your heads out of your asses and recognize that friends and family don't treat each other or gifts that way. OP has every right to feel the way that he does, and his post was clearly identified as a RANT. An expression of legitimate frustration among friends who will understand, since his "family" member clearly doesn't.

• Like 3

I don't think anybody has said that the stuff was not legally the douchebag cousin's to do with what he will. Those of you making that point should pull your heads out of your asses and recognize that friends and family don't treat each other or gifts that way. OP has every right to feel the way that he does, and his post was clearly identified as a RANT. An expression of legitimate frustration among friends who will understand, since his "family" member clearly doesn't.

Nah, making that point doesn't require cranial-rectal inversion. It is a fact - one that doesn't overshadow shitty behavior.

Learning these sorts of lessons about your friends and relatives can be invaluable. There are lots of ways to learn these things. Sometimes it comes at the cost of going out of your way to do something to help someone - sometimes it's giving someone a gift, or even a place to stay until they get back on their feet. Sometimes people behave graciously. Sometimes people take your hard work, care and generosity for granted. Sometimes you give a gift, and have it thrown back in your face - sometimes the person on the receiving end just wants more. Sometimes, you have to throw someone out of your home for taking every advantage of your kindness and generosity, stealing from you and disrespecting your home and family. I've been there, and worse - it sucks, but in the end it's worth knowing that someone isn't worth it.

pretty jacked up. i know if i give my brother in law something he will go out of his way to get me something in return. hes just like that. ive never asked for anything nor expected it. hes just a that type of person. probably why we where friends before he was my brother in law.

• Like 1

I wouldnt care either. Once I give/sell/trade something its no longer mine and the new owner can do as he wishes.

A few years ago a guy at work wanted a cheap car to go back and forth to work. I had one and sold it to him. I let him know it had a small coolant leak and needed shocks. He didnt care. A month after buying it from me he started to care and didnt want to fix it so he sold it to his mechanic cousin for what he paid for it. At this point no one has lost any money nor was cheated out of anything. So my co worker's mechanic cousin fixes the car and sells it for a nice profit! Great! Good for him! My coworker then gets all mad because in his mind his cousin shouldnt have sold it or made a profit. Basically he's jealous that he didnt do that himself and I told him as much

The obviously wrong thing is the guy didn't call you on Sunday and say "hey I'm selling my gun, you want to buy it"!

I'l expand on that and say it's WRONG the guy didn't call and say "Hey, I'm sell my gun. Come get your ammo back."

• Like 1

My brother was complaining about not having a decent scope for his 22 rifle. I bought him a nice Bushnell and told him to bring his rifle to the house. I installed it and got everything zeroed. The following weekend we were going to go hunt and he showed up missing the scope. I asked were it was and he said he sold it a few days after I gave it to him.

That was the last time I gave him anything, including money. In the end he tried to kill my family and I when we cut him off financially. He couldn't afford his drugs anymore so he grabbed an AK, assualted our mother then came to kill us. Luckily the cops scared him into the woods. He had a standoff with the cops and spent a week in a mental institution before being released to continue making threats. He tried to kill our mother about 4 months ago and he was time served after a few weeks.

My brother was complaining about not having a decent scope for his 22 rifle. I bought him a nice Bushnell and told him to bring his rifle to the house. I installed it and got everything zeroed. The following weekend we were going to go hunt and he showed up missing the scope. I asked were it was and he said he sold it a few days after I gave it to him.

That was the last time I gave him anything, including money. In the end he tried to kill my family and I when we cut him off financially. He couldn't afford his drugs anymore so he grabbed an AK, assualted our mother then came to kill us. Luckily the cops scared him into the woods. He had a standoff with the cops and spent a week in a mental institution before being released to continue making threats. He tried to kill our mother about 4 months ago and he was time served after a few weeks.

That's horrible. I hope you are not the one who has to put him down if/when the time comes.