.223 saiga+ak74 parts= awesome ak!

Yep... If you have the right Saiga model, every AK-74 part will fit. Generally if you have a dimpled receiver you're good to go. Earlier models without dimples may have a larger diameter barrel that won't accept AK-74 parts as is, and these older rifles also lack the lower handguard retainer locating slots.

Verify barrel dimensions: .592" immediately behind the gas block, .571" behind the FSB. If these check out, you can use the AK-74 barrel components without further modification.

Ks3jFJ6.jpg

Yep... If you have the right Saiga model, every AK-74 part will fit. Generally if you have a dimpled receiver you're good to go. Earlier models without dimples may have a larger diameter barrel that won't accept AK-74 parts as is, and these older rifles also lack the lower handguard retainer locating slots.

Verify barrel dimensions: .592" immediately behind the gas block, .571" behind the FSB. If these check out, you can use the AK-74 barrel components without further modification.

Ks3jFJ6.jpg

That thing looks right at home in that weather.

funny this should be brought up, after 13 years of owning my Romanian SAR3 (5.56), I decided recently to change out the front sight base on there now, to the Romanian AK74 type that uses the 22mm brake, doing some research the other 74 FSBs that use the 24mm size, will be too big for the barrel. so looking around it seems that not one place sells everything, the FSB, brake and muzzle retainer. K-VAR has the FSB and another place sells the brake and the reatiner.

and add up everything it will cost, FSB, brake and retainer, it will cost me more then half the price that I paid for rifle NIB (219 bucks)

Edited by Matthew Hopkins