I want to heat ideas and mods for tactical pump shot guns. I got one yesterday. I've started my mods via rattle can and band saw/mill. I'll post pics so far later tonight. I started with a 26" or 28" I didn't measure. Vent rib rem870 with real tree dipped stocks. Well I cut and use a mill to square the barrel at 18.75" that was as short I could go and cut into a rib support. I then used flat black spray paint on the stocks.

I'm thinking about getting one of the saiga12 polychoke that has the flashhider on the end and shortening the barrel as short as possible and perm attach the poly choke. If I do that I may get rid of the rib or make it work by cutting it back or adding a support where needed.

I'm thinking about magpul stocks and a big safety, mag extension and side saddle. Instead of the magpul forend I may add a light to that or get a surefire light forend.

No thanks. I think if I was going to go that route I'd just go for the saiga12. For me the big benefit to a pump is the sleek design. It's smaller and more compact than a gun with a drum. I mean if you get a 20" gun and mag extension you can get like 8 shots. That's pretty good.

My local gun store his a pump with one of these mag conversions on the rack, and has been there for months. They also have a saiga12 that I'm trying to get premisson to buy from the ball'n'chain.

I was really looking for advice pictures suggestion ect from peoe that use or own tactical pumps.

It's a 12 gauge shotgun. You are not going to hide much flash. I'd go for the choke option and porting on a pump gun. Even a brake on a pump gun is mall nnija-ish. Your followup shots aren't going to be as fast as a semiautomatic.

Edited by MT Predator

Too bad it's not a Mossberg. Pimp my Pump.

attachicon.gifsidewinder-kit-1-660x346.jpgattachicon.gifsidewinder-kit-3-660x215.jpg

That thing is simply puke-tastic. Here's what you want:

nra-2013-black-aces-tactical-1.jpg

Black Aces Tactical receiver retrofit... turns a Mossberg or Remington into mag-fed pump that uses Saiga 12 mags. Imagine making one into an SBR! You could have something like a Serbu Shorty with an MD20!

Edited by Risky
  • Like 2

I dont nor ever would put that mag fed kit on a pump, to me that defeats the point of a pump.

You make a point about how mall ninja it would look for a muzzle brake on a pump.

I may just see if my family machinist could work in time at the shop to bore and thread for rem chokes back in the cut down barrel. I like the look of a regular silver choke tube that sticks out about a half inch.

Too bad it's not a Mossberg. Pimp my Pump.

attachicon.gifsidewinder-kit-1-660x346.jpgattachicon.gifsidewinder-kit-3-660x215.jpg

That thing is simply puke-tastic. Here's what you want:

nra-2013-black-aces-tactical-1.jpg

Black Aces Tactical receiver retrofit... turns a Mossberg or Remington into mag-fed pump that uses Saiga 12 mags. Imagine making one into an SBR! You could have something like a Serbu Shorty with an MD20!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! COMPLETELY FUCKING AWESOME!!!.

Oh ok. I'm going to spray paint the whole gin I think. It's covered in a light coat of rust. I want to try to Duracoat it eventually.

I Also got a small Winchester brand clip on fiber optic bead. I'm going to get a shortened forend and a side saddle I like that look.

a little krylon camo action. im trying to see if i can get enough people to pay me to refinish their guns to justify buying a small duracoat set up, airbrush and toaster oven and maybe an old kitchen oven.

and yes a mag extenison is in order as well as a side saddle, but first will be some kind of sight, i bought a winchester branded kit that came with four different clip on fiberoptic tube and it fell off shooting from the hip in the yard so im, thinking about taking a 6-32 brass screw and taping the vent rib and making a big ass bead sight

photo_zps5fd27acb.jpg

photo_zpse2817930.jpg

photo_zps03e685b6.jpg

photo_zpse2c578a1.jpg

• Like 2

I'm looking for cheap air compressors and toaster ovens and maybe a kitchen oven. I at one time had an idea to use an old locker and an electric heater to make an oven to use to refinish guns. The air compressor and airbrush would be cheap.

Wilson Combat/ Scattergun Technologies makes a nice peep and front blade set up that's a easy install in standard or tritium if you're going to pull the rib. I've got a pic in my gallery page of a 870 police magnum I did from our local PD trade in.

Thanks. I drilled and tapped the front abs mounted the ramp sight from my .22 mossberg bolt rifle. I'm going to install the rear later. They aren't the fastest rifle sights but. They will work. I'm really trying to get put cheap right now. I've got next to nothing in it.

I'll try to post some pics later of the front sight after I get it all lined up. And after I install the rear sight. I've got to get some slugs to try them out. I was able to throw clays into the air and shot 9 of 10 looking down the vent rib alone.

a little krylon camo action. im trying to see if i can get enough people to pay me to refinish their guns to justify buying a small duracoat set up, airbrush and toaster oven and maybe an old kitchen oven.

and yes a mag extenison is in order as well as a side saddle, but first will be some kind of sight, i bought a winchester branded kit that came with four different clip on fiberoptic tube and it fell off shooting from the hip in the yard so im, thinking about taking a 6-32 brass screw and taping the vent rib and making a big ass bead sight

photo_zps5fd27acb.jpg

photo_zpse2817930.jpg

photo_zps03e685b6.jpg

photo_zpse2c578a1.jpg

nice! the beauty of a rattle can is that the weapon can still change with your environment. you painted it desert sand and now you find yourself in the mountain? no problem, wipe some gas or solvent on it and you have a fresh canvas! spray on some gray black and white.... golden! parkerized finishes are great for rattle can jobs that need to change color by climate.

So here's "The BEAST" I LOVE IT! it's a Remington 870 express magnum. It's got a tacstar side saddle ( a not about those cheap side saddles, Ive owned to both on mossbergs 500s one of them I shot more than 300 round with only slugs and 00buck shot, they always stayed loaded, they never lost their hold so I think they work find, you can also buy replacement plastic shell holder part if it ever does loose it hold) it's got a metal UTG forend, it's heavy, really heavy but I like it a lot. It's got an ATI one piece Metal tube extension, I've real bad things about the ati extensions but it's always the plastic extensions that suck mine has been fine with about 100 rounds so far. The extension is marked a 7 round model meaning +2 so a 6+1. Well with Winchester 00buck I can get 7 in the tube meaning I've got an 8 shot gun. The barrel is about 18-3/4". I spray painted it flat black since my forend and tube extension were black and I didnt want to paint them. I'm going to Duracoat it in the future. I may shorten the barrel to be perfectly even with the mag. If I do that I think ill shorten the vent rib and thread externally for saiga style chokes. If I do that I'll have to go back to my machinist if that happens I may see if I can drill and tap the recicver for the rear sight.

photo_zps094f4fb6.jpg