The UTG forend has threaded holes for rail sections. Well I don't want a 3" section of tail taking up half the pump so I modded cheap off set rail flashlight mount. I took the "clamp" side off completely and the other side that "hooks" on the rail fits perfectly in a groove in the pump that keeps the flashlight from twisting but I've only got one 10-32 screw holding it. I'll see how it holds up to about 50 rounds of 00buck if it doesn't hold I'm going to take a solid plate of alu and attach it to the two screws on the pump and then cut the mount and drill it for three screws tap the plate and attach it that was. All because I don't want a rail taking up room and digging into my hand.

photo_zps4dbd52aa.jpg

The UTG forend has threaded holes for rail sections. Well I don't want a 3" section of tail taking up half the pump so I modded cheap off set rail flashlight mount. I took the "clamp" side off completely and the other side that "hooks" on the rail fits perfectly in a groove in the pump that keeps the flashlight from twisting but I've only got one 10-32 screw holding it. I'll see how it holds up to about 50 rounds of 00buck if it doesn't hold I'm going to take a solid plate of alu and attach it to the two screws on the pump and then cut the mount and drill it for three screws tap the plate and attach it that was. All because I don't want a rail taking up room and digging into my hand.

photo_zps4dbd52aa.jpg

Yea I like the houge forend. I was thinking about getting one when I saw this metal UTG forend in a half off bin and had to buy it. I really like the metal a lot. It got great grip. I had a friend see it and fell in love, he wants it, I may sell it if I can get enough to buy a police model with rifle sights and buy a stock and Mesa tactical side saddle, and another UTG forend.

Yea I like the houge forend. I was thinking about getting one when I saw this metal UTG forend in a half off bin and had to buy it. I really like the metal a lot. It got great grip. I had a friend see it and fell in love, he wants it, I may sell it if I can get enough to buy a police model with rifle sights and buy a stock and Mesa tactical side saddle, and another UTG forend. And if he wants me to include the flashlight I'll have to make him pay enough to replace that as well.

If that happens and I end up with a smooth barrel I may be a heat shelid I've already gotten my hand pretty hot after 25 rounds of bird shot pretty fast.

Netpackrat what stock is that? I once had an ATI top folder and it would kick you in the cheek pretty hard with slugs and 3" anything. Since them I've stayed away from narrow stocks because of that.

That's one of mine. TIG welded 4130N aircraft tubing with an AR slip on Limbsaver. I built the receiver adapter also. I'm going to wrap the upper tube with paracord when I get around to it.

I had to modify the Hogue forend slightly to work because I think the Defender must be a little different from the standard 1300. I had to put epoxy putty on the inside in a couple places to fill gaps.

Here's a close-up of the adapter mechanism; you can see the extended bolt release that I also made by welding a longer tab onto a standard one. Nobody else makes a receiver adapter for the 1300 series anymore.

w1300-5.jpg

Edited by Netpackrat
  • Like 2

Too bad it's not a Mossberg. Pimp my Pump.

attachicon.gifsidewinder-kit-1-660x346.jpgattachicon.gifsidewinder-kit-3-660x215.jpg

That thing is simply puke-tastic. Here's what you want:

nra-2013-black-aces-tactical-1.jpg

Black Aces Tactical receiver retrofit... turns a Mossberg or Remington into mag-fed pump that uses Saiga 12 mags. Imagine making one into an SBR! You could have something like a Serbu Shorty with an MD20!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! COMPLETELY FUCKING AWESOME!!!.

I agree, it's fucking awsome. I prefer semi auto shotguns to pumps and they'll be extra useful if they'll take Saiga mags. The only drawback is the price, by the time you spend modifying your shotgun, you'll have spent about more than a Saiga.

As far as the muzzle brake on a shotgun, I haven't seen much recoil reduction since they don't have enough gas to make use of the brake.

Edited by uzitiger

I want a semi next. Im torn between saiga 12 and a mossberg 930. A saiga is cool. But the mossberg is more sleek and comes ready to shoot anything unlike the saiga. But you can get 20 rounds in the saiga. The 930 can ghost load to 9 round. Which is a lot. It's easier to carry individual shells instead of giant 12 ga mags. So it's a hard choice. I know I'd be put much more money with the saiga not wil just the gun but all the shit I'd want go buy to get it how I wanted.

I want a semi next. Im torn between saiga 12 and a mossberg 930. A saiga is cool. But the mossberg is more sleek and comes ready to shoot anything unlike the saiga. But you can get 20 rounds in the saiga. The 930 can ghost load to 9 round. Which is a lot. It's easier to carry individual shells instead of giant 12 ga mags. So it's a hard choice. I know I'd be put much more money with the saiga not wil just the gun but all the shit I'd want go buy to get it how I wanted.

Are you asking for advice? Remember you're on a Saiga forum. Yes, you'd be spending mo' money, but hands down the Saiga would be so much more fun.

Monty, I wish women were more like the S-12. Buy a basic model and keep making changes until it comes out right...

Haha that would be nice. I really want both. I like a tube fed shottie they are really more pratical for what a shotgun is for but I'm sure a saiga woul be the most fun you could have with a 100 rounds of bird shot.

disagree 100% a saiga set up properly for fit, without a lot of crap, and a choke is more practical for everything a shotgun is for, except for salt water environments. If you had one and got used to it, you'd understand.

• Like 1

I get what your saying gunfun if I get a saga it will have a polychoke and fixed stock that it. I don't like too much shit on my guns. I took the flashlight off since with 3" buck the flashlight would ran into my thumb and didn't feel great. I hate the look of the flashlight mounted to the tube but that may be the best place for it.

And what I mean by practical is how much easier it would be to carri loose shells VS a nearly 3"x10" box magazine. Also how much sleek and snag free a tube gun is.

I will get a saiga I'm trying to wait for them to come down to less than 700 I hate spending that much on a shot gun that was 250 when they first came over. I hated spending 580 on my s308 but really needed a "deer rifle" haha yea right I love it's. A battle rifle.

Also the. Mossbeeh 930 can be loaded to 9 rounds a saiga12 with that many in the mag would need a big mag and to me the 8 round looks best and I would think anything bigger than that wouldnt feel great carrying it around. Also the way a weapon looks gets some in the law enforcement field pantys in a wad and if you shoot someone in your home with a tactical looking weapon it maybe that you have to explain your self, you shouldn't have to but you will look better in front of 12 peers if you used grandpas bird gun than a 20 pound shottie with 180 00pellets and lasers and lights and laser powered sighting system.

disagree 100% a saiga set up properly for fit, without a lot of crap, and a choke is more practical for everything a shotgun is for, except for salt water environments. If you had one and got used to it, you'd understand.

This. Keep it light, keep it simple, don't cover it with crap. You could probably make it do decent in a salt water environment with a good finish like Gunkote over park, and maybe nickel plate the BCG and FCG pieces. Plus some good old fashioned lube.

Haha not hardly. It was to show off my tactical build from hunting 870 to tactical shotgun.

Get ideas and ask question about what people think about different tactical pump options.