Does anyone know where to find an AK gas tube??

I've been looking around and everyone seems to be sold out. I'm looking for a vented AK gas tube. If anyone knows where to find one or has an extra one laying around, please let me know.

I am getting ready to make my own ( cant find one either) I found some perforated steel and I am going to make a pattern from heavy paper. Cut it out and bend it around a piece of round stock then I will need to fashion some sort of clips from spring steel to fit inside to hold it in place.

• Like 1

These seem to be in stock. I would call them and make sure though. Awesome price if they have them.

http://mg34.com/AK-47-Upper-Forearm-p380/

And the 'ak gas tube' page from gunbroker, a bit more expensive, but available http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=ak+gas+tube

Check the online vendors who only deal in old military surplus, like for mosin nagants, springfields, and mausers (for example). Alot of times they have ak parts too. Hope you find one.

• Like 1

post-44856-0-76692100-1369160479_thumb.jpgpost-44856-0-36128700-1369160517_thumb.jpgpost-44856-0-02641000-1369160548_thumb.jpgpost-44856-0-07057800-1369160576_thumb.jpg

I cut a piece of perforated metal to the dimensions shown and formed it around a piece of 1" bar stock, then "rolled" it into the gas tube and spread the bottom back out. I cut down the Tapco fore grip to match, now I just need to finish it, either with cold blue or some Norrels Black moly coat.

• Like 3