share your ND (negligent discharge) story!

Here is the full compilation referenced in that shorter video. It's a good reminder, and watching this every once in a while will make anyone a little more cautious. You'll also question your faith in humanity a few times watching all of these ridiculous ND's. There are also plenty of girls getting their asses kicked by guns that they shouldn't have been talked into shooting by their asshole boyfriends in the first place. Plus, lots of pistol grip shotguns and scopes to the face with the odd gun exploding mixed in for good measure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcbexPzoTqg

(edited to switch video to less annoying version without Yakety Sax soundtrack)

Edited by SGL
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was 18, she was 22 and super hot. The damn thing went off in my pants and that was the end I what I thought was going to be one hell of a night...

When I was around 11, my old man dropped a deer and had me hang onto his .30-06. He had me put the barrel down on the ground on top of his gloves. He did'nt tell me not to pull the trigger, as I was l

Syndicate just reminded me (I don't know how I forgot) of my hillbilly-ass neighbors at my last house. They invited me to "shotgun bowling" in their backyard. Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like. W

Posted Images

Im proud of everyone here that's so honest.

I got one more my dad. My dad..... He's nuts. He was loading our family winchester .22 pump in the living room racks it and pop bulky through the roof.

There was a 1974 chevy truck my dad owned from the time I can remember till I was 14 and we were t-boned and it was totaled. Well there was a bullet hole from 1911 in the seat where after hunting and trying to let a hammer down on a live round hammer sliped, boom.

Only thing close to that was my former friend's crazy 4th of July parties, at the last one I went to he pulled out his FA Uzi and fired it off his deck. This is while he was high and hopped up on moonshine, I was DD'ing and don't smoke, and I promptly left with the folks I was driving before anything else might happen. If this was far out I would have cared less, but it being a newish neighborhood with houses in every direction, I said fuck this I'm out.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Like 1

Syndicate just reminded me (I don't know how I forgot) of my hillbilly-ass neighbors at my last house. They invited me to "shotgun bowling" in their backyard. Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like. Walmart Federal and Remington bulk packs, shotguns, and bowling pins.

They neglected to mention the beer, tequila, moonshine, and weed.

Being the only sober one there was odd enough (never had a drop or joint in my life) and then the ricochets began. 7 1/2 shot stings a bit but only two guys bled. Anyway, one of the guys was royally shitfaced. I was starting to think about pulling him out of the game when he grabbed an 870, swung the barrel straight at the rest of us, and stumbled up to the firing line.

We all hit the dirt. I thought for sure at least a few of us were about to be ER-bound. We started yelling at him, "Put the gun down, you jackass!" He turns, still pointing it at us. "It ain't loaded!" -racks the pump and a shell kicks out-

"Uh, well.. The safety's on!" -glances down and sees that it is NOT-

"Uh, well... Y'all are a bunch of pussies!"

His turn ended quickly. As did the rest of the game.

• Like 2

I used to live in this hick place called spencerville IN. lol... long story short forced into this redneck get together involving naked guys in a above ground pool and more alcohol and fireworks than a new years celebration. They had bon fire going and some jag off throws a spam can into the bon fire along with all the fireworks he was carrying.

I never ran so fast in my life...

• Like 1

I used to live in this hick place called spencerville IN. lol... long story short forced into this redneck get together involving naked guys in a above ground pool and more alcohol and fireworks than a new years celebration. They had bon fire going and some jag off throws a spam can into the bon fire along with all the fireworks he was carrying.

Ummm.. I would have ran from the nekkid guys in the pool.ass2ass.gifhomoswitch.gif

Edited by Big John!

The first indication that things would go awry:

Spencerville.

/sanity

• Like 1

lol i stayed in the barn the entire time. Teaching me never to go out with my old hick room mates again

In the barn? With the livestock, right? chicken.gif

No they had a barn where they worked on cars and stuff. They were having too much fun for my liking so I just minded the alcohol lol

The first indication that things would go awry:

Spencerville.

/sanity

Youve been to spencerville havent you? you know what kind of people live there haha. we used to go out and shoot by the streams

Before my first hunting rifle of my own, my dad had an old Winchester lever action 30-30. This takes place when I was about 13-14 years old. Anyway my dad always told me never unload a gun in the house. I was well schooled and was fairly savvy hunter and marksman with what I did have. This old Winchester had a problem of poping a cartridge out under the action tongue. You had to take a screwdriver and shove it back in the tube and work the action. Well it was cold as hell one afternoon around Christmas and the old rifle took a dump on me just as I was walking up to the house. I decided to take it in where it was warm and fix it there.

I got the cartridge back into the tube, worked the action and before I thought about it "almost reflex" I went to relax the hammer. My cold ass little hands just didn't work right and BANG! I shot a hole in the floor "thank god" and the whole damn family filed in to see what happened. Needless to say I was embarrassed baaaaaaaaaaaad. I don't think my dad said much but "did you learn a lesson?"

Edited by jdub23
  • Like 1

I learned at an early age and by luck that a lever 30-30 is not to be played with hollywood style. The black dirt Wisconsin soil was rich and fertile. I blew a hole in it that seemed like a mile wide. It was at least 6 inches deep and 8 inches wide. It was point blank, one foot to the right of my right foot in the harvested corn field. It scare the ever loving shit out of me. It was an awesome wake up and thrill. The power of the weapon stuck in my head since that day and has helped me keep things tight.

The most memorable accidental discharge I have witnessed was on sand hill, ft benning GA. The polished cement drill floor was under two stories of barracks. Each company had their own level. It was a quad stack cement fortress. One late evening, we marched back and had our second shake down from the range. It was a hell of a long hike out, a long day shooting and learning and a long hot GA evening hike back. We had our gear in front of our feet. We even got to take our bdu blouse off and loosen our laces a little. We lined up near the fortified window to hand in our weapons. Before handing in our weapons, we had to clear and display the weapon for a rod inspection by a drill sgt. Somehow, the Sgt got lazy and a live round made it past the private, the rod and the armorer at the window. When the kid from Delta yanked the trigger with his thumb to dry fire it with the muzzle up and down range, it blew out all our ear drums. I could feel the thump and see the great ball of fire in a shadowed wall. It was like a fishbowl in the cement belly of that place. Once the ringing went away, you could hear some ricochet. Each time it would slow down a little and have a lower zing to it. Nobody ever found it.

The wrong way to respond to this was taken and everybody started to chuckle. Hey, nobody got hurt. Well, first sgt was just around the corner and it ended up bad. I think we got two hours of sleep that night. Probably 3-5.

The last time I fucked up was with a friend inside a small room on a bench with the weapon aimed up and away from the both of us. It was time to test the new safety on the romanian bitch. Everything looked just right. It was a go on everything empty. I had one round in the chamber and put the weapon on safe, put my finger on the trigger and slowly squeezed it. Nothing, then when I let go... Pop! The phoenix was amazing that close to your body. Nobody hurt and the room took one for the team. A few days later, I learned how to patch a roof.

We all shoot a lot more than most people so the odds are against us with an ad. accidential discharge sounds so much better than negligent. I hope it never happens again but will have muzzle discipline if it does.

No, I won't share a NG/AD story. It will only get twisted and used against us.

We're already red-flagged for just being on this wonderful open forum about an auto loading 12ga. If they wanted us, they would have gotten us already. The cost to benefit ratio was all screwed up.

Edited by Stryker0946

Did you have one of those defect G2's? It sounds like it was caught on the 2nd sear then wehn you moved the safety it dislodge the hammer not being caught by the 1st sear... Thats alot of guessing but what was the prob?

Did you have one of those defect G2's? It sounds like it was caught on the 2nd sear then wehn you moved the safety it dislodge the hammer not being caught by the 1st sear... Thats alot of guessing but what was the prob?

that's what was in it but im not sure if it was one of the recalled ones. it was around 8 years ago. never knew they had a recall. i just put in special springs and new trigger components. went back to the old triger and everything was find. i polish the surfaces with a ceramic stone to make one side slick and the other is lightly dragged wtih a metal file. it works on everthing I own but I could have dicked it up myself. not sure exactly. i have polished actions on many rifles and never failed. stuff happens. the trigger was tossed.

I learned at an early age and by luck that a lever 30-30 is not to be played with hollywood style. The black dirt Wisconsin soil was rich and fertile. I blew a hole in it that seemed like a mile wide. It was at least 6 inches deep and 8 inches wide. It was point blank, one foot to the right of my right foot in the harvested corn field. It scare the ever loving shit out of me. It was an awesome wake up and thrill. The power of the weapon stuck in my head since that day and has helped me keep things tight.

The most memorable accidental discharge I have witnessed was on sand hill, ft benning GA. The polished cement drill floor was under two stories of barracks. Each company had their own level. It was a quad stack cement fortress. One late evening, we marched back and had our second shake down from the range. It was a hell of a long hike out, a long day shooting and learning and a long hot GA evening hike back. We had our gear in front of our feet. We even got to take our bdu blouse off and loosen our laces a little. We lined up near the fortified window to hand in our weapons. Before handing in our weapons, we had to clear and display the weapon for a rod inspection by a drill sgt. Somehow, the Sgt got lazy and a live round made it past the private, the rod and the armorer at the window. When the kid from Delta yanked the trigger with his thumb to dry fire it with the muzzle up and down range, it blew out all our ear drums. I could feel the thump and see the great ball of fire in a shadowed wall. It was like a fishbowl in the cement belly of that place. Once the ringing went away, you could hear some ricochet. Each time it would slow down a little and have a lower zing to it. Nobody ever found it.

The wrong way to respond to this was taken and everybody started to chuckle. Hey, nobody got hurt. Well, first sgt was just around the corner and it ended up bad. I think we got two hours of sleep that night. Probably 3-5.

The last time I fucked up was with a friend inside a small room on a bench with the weapon aimed up and away from the both of us. It was time to test the new safety on the romanian bitch. Everything looked just right. It was a go on everything empty. I had one round in the chamber and put the weapon on safe, put my finger on the trigger and slowly squeezed it. Nothing, then when I let go... Pop! The phoenix was amazing that close to your body. Nobody hurt and the room took one for the team. A few days later, I learned how to patch a roof.

We all shoot a lot more than most people so the odds are against us with an ad. accidential discharge sounds so much better than negligent. I hope it never happens again but will have muzzle discipline if it does.

This is why, when I want to test something that would otherwise require a live round in the chamber, and I'm not at the range, I just yank the bullet and dump the powder. As long as it's not pointed at anything precious like your eyes, a primer going off is loud but relatively harmless. Whenever I have to replace a firing pin in anything, or whenever I disassemble a Mosin's bolt, I take the easiest route to check the protrusion of the pin - see if it will set off a primed casing.

Almost forgot one about my uncle. He had an Arisaka 99 with the stupid push-and-turn safety. Not being the brightest, he rests the muzzle on his foot with a round chambered while trying to get the safety on. You can probably figure out what happened from there.

• Like 1

In the space of 20 years I have had two ND's, both with duty weapons in .45 . One I will swear to as a complete mystery to me as well as two armorers who tried to duplicate the discharge.

The first was absolute and complete stupidity on my part. Got home from my shift and took off the iwb holster with my Para Ordnance in it and laid it on the kitchen counter. Had dinner and carried it back to my desk to clear it and clean the lint out of it (a daily routine, it was a perfect lint magnet). Pulled it out of the holster, ejected the mag, and dropped the safety to pull the slide and clear the chamber. As my left hand was just behind the slide and closing on it to pull, BOOM (+P+ will get your attention in a small room VERY quickly) fortunately the bullet departed through the wall below the window and ended up in the huge oak tree about 50' away. As the shock subsided a bit I noticed that there was a pressure cut on the palm of my left hand in the exact shape of the hammer cut out on the slide. Also made an awesome and painful bruise the next day. Best I could ever figure was I tightened up my right hand on the grip and touched the trigger as I was preparing to pull the slide.

Jump forward about 10 years. Was carrying an XD compact in a fobus paddle holster. Took the pistol out, dropped the magazine onto my mattress and then dropped the pistol (safety still on) from about two inches onto the mattress. Old and very solid waterbed suddenly had a hole in the footboard and my ears were ringing. Bullet expanded as designed, found it laying on the floor about six feet from the end of the bed. Took the XD to a local smith and the PD's armorer and explained what happened. Neither one could duplicate the AD or even explain how it could have happened.

As much as I love .45, learned my lesson I did. Now I carry a 10MM.

Closest I came was the night I got home on christmas leave from basic training. Grabbed my Colt AR-15, racked the charging handle, and was about to pull the trigger.......the charging handle was touching my nose.....looked at chamber.....doublefeed! Don't remember loading 20 in the mag, as I had cleaned it the day before I left for basic. Thank God for a mag failure!

The only AD I've had was with my grandfather's old Ithaca double barrel. One of the barrels can fire on it's own when the safety is removed. Caught me by surprize the first time as I brought the weapon up on a duck. On a 100 year old shotgun, something's got to break sometime!

No mag and no ammo.

I witnessed a similar event, where someone handed a weapon, complete with loaded mag to an "expert" and it almost ended in tragedy. The really sad part is that I know for a fact that the oner did NOT have a round chambered, prior to the hand off. Since then, I don't let anybody I don't know touch a weapon of mine, when at the range and when I'm with people I do know, all mags are put into my ammo box and the weapons are cleared before I let a single soul touch them. I'd rather look foolish by being over the top safety conscious, then worry about, let alone live with the fact that someone could be injured or killed by my letting my guard down once.

In the space of 20 years I have had two ND's, both with duty weapons in .45 . One I will swear to as a complete mystery to me as well as two armorers who tried to duplicate the discharge.

The first was absolute and complete stupidity on my part. Got home from my shift and took off the iwb holster with my Para Ordnance in it and laid it on the kitchen counter. Had dinner and carried it back to my desk to clear it and clean the lint out of it (a daily routine, it was a perfect lint magnet). Pulled it out of the holster, ejected the mag, and dropped the safety to pull the slide and clear the chamber. As my left hand was just behind the slide and closing on it to pull, BOOM (+P+ will get your attention in a small room VERY quickly) fortunately the bullet departed through the wall below the window and ended up in the huge oak tree about 50' away. As the shock subsided a bit I noticed that there was a pressure cut on the palm of my left hand in the exact shape of the hammer cut out on the slide. Also made an awesome and painful bruise the next day. Best I could ever figure was I tightened up my right hand on the grip and touched the trigger as I was preparing to pull the slide.

Jump forward about 10 years. Was carrying an XD compact in a fobus paddle holster. Took the pistol out, dropped the magazine onto my mattress and then dropped the pistol (safety still on) from about two inches onto the mattress. Old and very solid waterbed suddenly had a hole in the footboard and my ears were ringing. Bullet expanded as designed, found it laying on the floor about six feet from the end of the bed. Took the XD to a local smith and the PD's armorer and explained what happened. Neither one could duplicate the AD or even explain how it could have happened.

This is why I just will not carry a chambered round in most of my pistols especially loaded and hammer cocked. I would be willing to bet alot of us would be surprised at all the pistols that will discharge when dropped loaded, safety on etc... I met a guy that had been just released from the hospital at my friends little gunshop. He had his right arm slung and dressed all the way up his arm from the elbow to the shoulder with extra 4x4's wrapped in Kurlex on the elbow and shoulder. Fucker was carrying a CZ 52 as his CCW. It was loaded with Wolf Gold HP's. Of course I asked "nurse in me" he said he just remembered dropping it "on concrete" in his carport and boom. The awesome ass 7.62x25 HP entered his R elbow and fucking destroyed his elbow, arm and shoulder before it decided to take a break and exit top of his shoulder. His arm is useless now... Just had to carry that surplus piece.

This is why I just will not carry a chambered round in most of my pistols especially loaded and hammer cocked. I would be willing to bet alot of us would be surprised at all the pistols that will discharge when dropped loaded, safety on etc... I met a guy that had been just released from the hospital at my friends little gunshop. He had his right arm slung and dressed all the way up his arm from the elbow to the shoulder with extra 4x4's wrapped in Kurlex on the elbow and shoulder. Fucker was carrying a CZ 52 as his CCW. It was loaded with Wolf Gold HP's. Of course I asked "nurse in me" he said he just remembered dropping it "on concrete" in his carport and boom. The awesome ass 7.62x25 HP entered his R elbow and fucking destroyed his elbow, arm and shoulder before it decided to take a break and exit top of his shoulder. His arm is useless now... Just had to carry that surplus piece.

I've open carried a CZ52 before - always carried it with the hammer down, safety on, round in the chamber. The safeties are rarely very tight, and can slip off with a bit of jostling from carry. If I remember correctly, it does have a firing pin safety - unless the trigger is being pulled, just landing on the hammer shouldn't cause a round to go off. I'm guessing he was carrying it cocked and locked, and it stopped being locked.

I've open carried a CZ52 before - always carried it with the hammer down, safety on, round in the chamber. The safeties are rarely very tight, and can slip off with a bit of jostling from carry. If I remember correctly, it does have a firing pin safety - unless the trigger is being pulled, just landing on the hammer shouldn't cause a round to go off. I'm guessing he was carrying it cocked and locked, and it stopped being locked.

I don't really know exactly what status it was in, only it was dropped and it had a chambered round. So that means the little wedge the moves out of the way to allow the firing pin to move foreward when the trigger is squeezed FAILED. I have had 3 CZ 52's, there neat, ugly guns that fire the x25 cartridge and I love them. But, I would never in hell carry one with a round in the chamber in any status. The owner of the store who had sold butt loads of these "this was like 05-06ish" had done just as much homework on the pistol as I had. I think he had done more than a few firing pin replacements for Bubba the snapper. He and I both look at the loose tolerance variations over a wide range of manufacture years and refurbishing dates. We both agreed the firing pin block was not to be trusted and could be fairly easily bypassed especially a waist high fall on concrete not to mention if on a relaxed hammer. Furthermore that guy standing there with actively saturating kurlex and 4x4's all the way up his flacid right arm is enough to guarantee I would never carry a CZ 52 chambered, or CCW at all. Be careful my friend.

I was proly 11 when this happened. So I'm out rabit hunting with my oldest brother one day and all of a sudden booooooom, fuken 12gag. round right by my head. That stupid fucker had his finger in the trigger gaurd, obviously no safety on, slung the gun around the back of his neck and......well, that hunting trip was instantly over

and I NEVER went anywhere near him and guns at the same time again electric_shock.gif