Something new FINALLY showed up

I feel pretty dumb. What is it? Bullpup shotgun?

UTS 15. Turkish made 12 ga. Will be interesting to see Matt's take on it, as I've seen lots of mixed reviews. Some good, some bad, and some really bad. Likely in need of some good old American reengineering.

Well , first impressions are pretty good , shot a little over 50 rounds, first thing it needs is more traction on the forend, too slick for my taste. We're thinking an AFG would work very nice, we have some ideas for some other mods.

It's not built for speed reloads, but starting with 15, shouldn't need speed reloads too often.

Also let several others shoot it, those with pump SG experience had no problems , those who mainly shoot semi's needed to be reminded not to baby the action, then no problems.

It does cycle somewhat harder than many pumps, may get easier with more rounds , thus I think an AFG would help greatly, or grip tape.

Fit and finish , I found no problems here , trigger guard is somewhat blocky but fit well .

• Like 2

I shot the Utas and ksg both. after 100 rounds each at the range. I have to go with the UTAS. I also think the UTAS doesnt have a inflated price like the KSG. People are spending all this money on the KSG and when supply reaches demand for them good luck selling that for maybe half of what you paid. UTAS is worth it in my opinion.

I've not had any problems , only about 50 rounds, a couple of non pump guys short stroked it a couple of times, after I told them what they were doing they had no problems, a couple of guys who shoot a lot of pump SG had no problems either.

Just from my LIMITED experience , the problems have been operator error.

• Like 2

My buddy has one and has had 0 issues. I think there was more issues with the keltec than utas honestly

I was going to get one right off the line when they first offered it on G.B. It seemed to have

some bugs to work out so I stayed clear of it for awhile...Hopefully they

got the gun working properly as I really like the Bullpup shotty....short length, light weight..

and only have to carry ammo and not mags...Now if T&N put's together some of there Great

Idea's for the Utash....they will have a winner in my opinion....Put me on the list for one!

What parts did that FPS dude break so easily?

I think the magazine selector lever broke! They were made of plastic the last I recall...this should be Metal!!

• 1 month later...

Broke down and purchased the UTAS-15 now I need to get ahold of T&N for some of your Goodies!

Oh! I ran 50rnds through it with no problems....Just make sure you cycle the action somewhat aggressively.

I like the Weight, short length and the absence of $80.00 mags...Just what I needed for H.D. I have an

Idea for something you can make for the UTAS as well, but wont mention it online...

20130627_171603_zpsefeed816.jpg

Thanks for the info. I see early on you were not going to buy one, but obviously changed your mind. They did seem to have some bad reviews initially. I am annoyed by the issues I have on my MKA 1919, and had a chance to buy a Kel Tec last week but passed. In the end maybe I should just buy a Benelli Super Nova Tac. and be done with it. Let us know how this works out as you get to shoot it more.

Edited by Waynefi