New Fab defence buttstock, CSS vented handguard, CSS m4/ak stock

After some research i decided to get the fab defense gl buttstock and Carolina shooters m4/ak adapter tube. I'm very impressed on the build quality of both products. CSS tube bolts right on with no modification of the tang. 3 Allen screws secure it to the receiver.(loctite screws). Fills up the back of the receiver fairly well. Thick aluminum construction. The Fab defense buttstock has zero play on this tube. Perfect in my opinion. Made in Israel. Has a unique internal recoil reducing system. I'll have to test this out to see how well it works. A few pics. Thanks

post-23178-0-76168900-1369276547_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-40494600-1369276579_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-39075200-1369276727_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-95842800-1369276780_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-85252400-1369276860_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-19597400-1369276893_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-28301600-1369277009_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-59167100-1369277040_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-30759300-1369277066_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-43520900-1369277100_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-55103400-1369277127_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-81287200-1369277164_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-25413700-1369277252_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-38088200-1369277322_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks sharp! Let us know about recoil.

How far does the butt extend? I think i have to switch up. I have wood furniture, and the stock is just too short for my comfort.

Haven't measured it yet but it is a standard six position stock. Should accommodate most people

How deep are your screws above your pistol grip?

I'm currently using the fab defense composite buffer tube but I had to modify it to clear the rivets above my pistol grip. The tube works its way out when exposed to temperature variations and such so I'm looking for a more secure option.

I'm currently using the fab defense composite buffer tube but I had to modify it to clear the rivets above my pistol grip. The tube works its way out when exposed to temperature variations and such so I'm looking for a more secure option.

The screws above my pistol grip are cosmetic only. There just to fill in the holes in my reciever. Ill take a pic when i get home. 5- 8/32x3/8 button head screws. Heres the same screws i use. I chose the Carolina shooters m4/ak adapter tube. Very well built and very secure

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-235/Intenal-Stock-Adapter-Saiga/Detail

The screws above my pistol grip are cosmetic only. There just to fill in the holes in my reciever. Ill take a pic when i get home. 5- 8/32x3/8 button head screws. Heres the same screws i use. I chose the Carolina shooters m4/ak adapter tube. Very well built and very secure

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-235/Intenal-Stock-Adapter-Saiga/Detail

I have rivets in mine and they interfere with the stocks I've used so far. So I'm trying to figure out if the buffer tube you used would work. I think most of my problems stem from the modification I had to make to my tube to get it to fit.

I have rivets in mine and they interfere with the stocks I've used so far. So I'm trying to figure out if the buffer tube you used would work. I think most of my problems stem from the modification I had to make to my tube to get it to fit.

Yes the buffer tube i used will not interfere with the rivets or screws above the trigger group. I'll take some pictures tonight and post them so you can see how the buffer tube fits to the receiver.

Yes the buffer tube i used will not interfere with the rivets or screws above the trigger group. I'll take some pictures tonight and post them so you can see how the buffer tube fits to the receiver.

I'm talking about above the pistol grip not the trigger assembly.

• 2 weeks later...

Just reporting back that the shock absorbing buttstock works great. The CSS buffer tube does raise the cheek weld up enough to make it harder to line up the iron sights though. Not a big deal but something worth mentioning.