Gas block with rails. Any plans to offer a reweld service?

Anyone heard of a shop that will weld on a rail to the gas block? I figured there would be enough people out there that would like to get their VEPR-12 as close to the correct configuration as possible thus there must be a market for this.

If the gas block was pulled and pressed onto a jig also acting as a heat sink, then a piece of steel rail that was already cut to length and cut to clear the raised pin bosses could be welded on. After that remove from the jig, clean up the welds and refinish the gas block. Finally press the complete gas block back in place.

• Like 1

Anyone heard of a shop that will weld on a rail to the gas block? I figured there would be enough people out there that would like to get their VEPR-12 as close to the correct configuration as possible thus there must be a market for this.

If the gas block was pulled and pressed onto a jig also acting as a heat sink, then a piece of steel rail that was already cut to length and cut to clear the raised pin bosses could be welded on. After that remove from the jig, clean up the welds and refinish the gas block. Finally press the complete gas block back in place.

Pop your gas block off as-per the instructions here and send it over with a two inch piece of steel rail.. $75.00. & it'll look like it came as one piece.

​It'll take a couple months though due to a backlog, otherwise, just take the two pieces to a local machine shop that has a decent weldor.

Use 309L. It welds to dissimilar metals very well.

K-var does have a replacement railed front sight block/gas block for sale. You might look into those if your wanting a railed version and can't get one welded for you.

ETA: posted at the same time...looks like Paulys on it.

post-8476-0-68150500-1369317643.jpeg

Edited by raidersfan_5544
  • Like 1

I bought one from Impact Guns last night.

I do not want to put rails on my handguard- the vertical ribs on the lower handguard taught me a lesson the 1st time I shot my V12 so I do not want something on there more pronounced.

Good advice...

How much did you pay?

Geeez... I need one real bad.