Angled Foregrip with Surefire Quad Rail?

Hey guys.. First post here.. Been lurking for a while though.

I think I'm going to go with the Surefire quad rail for my setup...

I want to use an angled foregrip on it, however.

I'm not sure if the bottom rail on the Surefire quad rail goes back far enough to adequately use an AFG. I would maybe also possible want to mount a bipod at some point.

Does anyone have any experience with AFG on the Surefire quad rail?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

in my opinion, the angle fore grip is just a waste of money, it doesn't do anything that improves the firearm, it's just more useless junk that people attach to their AKs/ARs for nothing more then a "kewl" factor. no real need unless if it's your intention is to go "profiling" on the range, then a AFG is the way to go

and why on earth would you even want to put a bipod on your 16 in. barrel AK? well, I guess if you go and attach every after market crap on it, you might need it, because it will end up being too heavy to hold up.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Well I am not sure that I will be putting a bipod on it.. And I don't have the 16 inch barrel.. I have the 20inch. Not that it matters tremendously.

And I want an AFG because I don't like the regular vertical foregrips nor would a vertical foregrip look good with the style I am going for. I've used AFG on friends rifles before and really liked the feel of them.

All I'm putting on my rifle is a scope and an AFG with my thumbhole skeleton stock. That's it.

I'm not a tactical gun kind of guy, my the AFG is way more comfortable then a forward grip and its how my hand naturally is without one.

That's exactly how I am as well. Last time I used a VFG I just didn't like the feel. But I used an AFG and really liked it.

I can't say anything about it being on the surefire quad. However, I can talk about the AFG. I like it because I did notice, as designed that it was more comfortable than grabbing a quad with just a set of rail covers on it. You still get that handguard/rifle feel with the AFG but the angle makes it more comfortable on a quad rail. That is it's purpose, to give you the basic rifle feel and still keep your quad rail without having to settle for rail covers on the bottom rail.

I don't own a AFG as I like my VFGs more on my 16in rifles and 18+ inch shotguns but if I have to tool up and the AFG were a better answer, for whatever reason, the afg would be part of my kit. The right tool, for you, to do what you want or need to do. That's what it's about. :)

So, headed to the range? Tool up. :)

As for the bipod, maybe he wants the option of using one so he can shoot from bench to zero his rifle in before he goes off hand.

Instead of the AFG you might like the Stark Equipment "express grip" I find it much more comfortable.

attachicon.gifexpress-grip1.png

Interesting. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

I can't say anything about it being on the surefire quad. However, I can talk about the AFG. I like it because I did notice, as designed that it was more comfortable than grabbing a quad with just a set of rail covers on it. You still get that handguard/rifle feel with the AFG but the angle makes it more comfortable on a quad rail. That is it's purpose, to give you the basic rifle feel and still keep your quad rail without having to settle for rail covers on the bottom rail.

I don't own a AFG as I like my VFGs more on my 16in rifles and 18+ inch shotguns but if I have to tool up and the AFG were a better answer, for whatever reason, the afg would be part of my kit. The right tool, for you, to do what you want or need to do. That's what it's about. smile.png

So, headed to the range? Tool up. smile.png

As for the bipod, maybe he wants the option of using one so he can shoot from bench to zero his rifle in before he goes off hand.

Thank you! I appreciate the support. lol.

Obviously, we have some members here who are behind the times...

Isn't that what the mag is for besides holding the bullet thingies

This is an efficient hold on the weapon if you're running something like an sbr. For a longer weapon, holding the weapon further towards the muzzle allows quicker transition between targets / better control of momentum.

hate the afg just my opinion

Thanks for chiming in.

in my opinion, the angle fore grip is just a waste of money, it doesn't do anything that improves the firearm, it's just more useless junk that people attach to their AKs/ARs for nothing more then a "kewl" factor. no real need unless if it's your intention is to go "profiling" on the range, then a AFG is the way to go

Have you used one?

Loricatus,

You want the afg (by the way I'd go with an afg2, or consider the cobra tactical grip) mounted as far forward as your body mechanics allow.

I have the AFG on my 16 icnh 5.45.

I am with you, It feels more natural to have it there. My weak capitalist wrists begin to get tired using the normal AK handguard.

I have a 20 inch 7.62x39, and a bipod on it. It is a very accurate rifle, as I'm sure you know. Mine likes Golden Tiger best, but finding it of late has been a fruitless task. When/if you put a bipod on it, try and get it as close to the receiver as possible. I have found that having it close to the receiver helps balance it out more than if it were forward. It also looks more dragunov-y :)

Have you used one?

yes, I've shot a friends AR with that thing on there, it was just useless add on do-dad. it didn't do anything to improve the hold or for sighting in on the target, and putting it on a AK will be just as useless.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins