i picked up an SVT-40 a few months ago it came with no bayonet and no cleaning rod. and bubba got ahold of it and spray painted it black cut the butt stock. did some home made checkering on the wood and put a screw in the magazine to limit to 5 rounds. well i took care of de bubbaing the rifle now i would like to find a bayonet to go with it.

i have searched google for the last half hour with no luck at all of any in stock.

Any ideas?

already sent an Email to this company.

http://www.empirearms.com/access.htm

They are out of stock and no idea when they will be back in stock.

why couldnt the russians have just used the same bayonets as on the M91/30's!!!!

Thanks all.

I've been trying to find a bayo for mine without blowing $150, but so far have had no luck. I DO have a rare-as-hen's-teeth extra original magazine for it :D I should probably try to trade the mag for a bayonet...

i picked up an SVT-40 a few months ago it came with no bayonet and no cleaning rod. and bubba got ahold of it and spray painted it black cut the butt stock. did some home made checkering on the wood and put a screw in the magazine to limit to 5 rounds. well i took care of de bubbaing the rifle now i would like to find a bayonet to go with it.

i have searched google for the last half hour with no luck at all of any in stock.

Any ideas?

already sent an Email to this company.

http://www.empirearms.com/access.htm

They are out of stock and no idea when they will be back in stock.

why couldnt the russians have just used the same bayonets as on the M91/30's!!!!

Thanks all.

Got any pics of your de-bubbafied SVT-40? Would love to see the restoration you have done...:)

First got it. ugly bubba job at that...

DSCN0593_zps4d3e3c2b.jpg

DSCN0585_zpsf0340d0a.jpg

DSCN0594_zps5c37e98e.jpg

De bubbaed

DSCN0708_zps18fbf4fe.jpg

DSCN0711_zps5fd6d581.jpg

DSCN0714_zps3294da51.jpg

Looks much better now. just wish bubba didnt cut the back off the butt stock...cant put the factory butt stock on. shot it for the first time today and was shooting 3" groups. just need a bayonet and cleaning rod and its all done.

• 2 weeks later...

You might try sending an inquiry to Sarco. I've had instances where they don't show anything in their ads or on the website but if they actually dig around the warehouse they occasionally find what you're looking for.

well got a number for a surplus store. he wants 395 EACH....the search keeps going i dont want to pay over 250 i dont really wanna pay 250 but i guess thats what the cheapest they are. not paying 395 for sure!

In other news the cleaning rod came today for it.

LclKr0J.jpg
Next to the mosin cleaning rod.
lp8Xpka.jpg
i dont understand why they didnt just use the same thing? are any parts interchangeable from mosin to SVT?
Also no idea why the SVT one has threads? it clicks into the bayonet block.
  • Like 1

The only part I know of that can be used with both rifles is the stripper clip...

This is true. only part i have noticed as well. very strange i would have thought alot of parts would be.

Nah. The Mosin-Nagant was designed in 1891, and the basic action wasn't changed in the later models.

The SVT-38 was designed almost half a century later - it would've been illogical and pointless to try to make old parts work in a totally new firearm with a completely different principal of operation. All they really have in common is the cartridge.

I still want an AVT-40 and a pile of modified L26 mags...

googled the gun and mags look pretty neat.

i guess i understand but being russian i figured they would find a way to make the bayonet and a few other parts maybe swap over.

3 gun is this weekend and i will be running the SVT-40 :)

• Like 1