Slip over muzzle brake

For about the same money you can tread your barrel and then you can get anything you want and know that the set screws are not going to fail.

Treading a barrel is simple. Dinzag has all you need.

• Like 1

It is not about threading, per se. I have threaded a number of rifles. I have cut the shrounds on several Saigas. I have replaced the FSB on Saigas.

I am just interested to know if anyone has experience with these.

I don't necessarily like making permanent changes ( except for moving the triger group forward and adding a PG). If this item performs in a stellar manner, it might be an option to add a brake and still be able to revert back to an unaltered factory FSB.

Might not work for you, but it might be sonmething to consider for me.

It seem like a an akward solution to me . Why would you want to go back to unaltered factory non threaded/ no muzzle brake status ? what would the advantage means ? Everybody would want to have that problem solved , so , even from the sell value option, you will gain value by installing a correct brake on

Edited by josey88

It seem like a an akward solution to me . Why would you want to go back to unaltered factory non threaded/ no muzzle brake status ? what would the advantage means ? Everybody would want to have that problem solved , so , even from the sell value option, you will gain value by installing a correct brake on

Understood, but the question asked is not why one might or might use it, but does anyone have experience with it. Do you have experience with it?

Looks like the same one referenced in this post. Not what you asked but I purchased the 308 SAIGA SGM MUZZLE BRAKE from CSS. The configuration looks pretty much like the one in your post only the only SGM has four screws obviously for the bigger barrel and it is twice the cost. I like my brake and it does work nicely and I haven’t had to chase it down range (yet). Even with the two screws on it shouldn’t go anywhere with the thread locker. With my brake they sent out a plastic alignment tool with it so it’s probably the same deal. You install and check the alignment , then shoot it and re-tighten the screws, then shoot it again and re-tighten again and you’re done. If you do get one please post back with a review, I’d might be interested in one for my S762

I had a muzzle brake adaptor with a threaded end to use AK muzzle brakes or flash suppressors. Threaded barrels work better and take an inch off the overall length.

I had the whole assembly fly downrange about 50 yards and had to call a cease fire about seven years ago. After that I used super glue to hold it down and later, had the barrel threaded.

• 6 months later...

I used this adapter and after a hundred rounds or so before it blew off sending it downrange.

The socket head screws sheared off at the area where the upper and lower pats meet behind the sight.

I found the lower part but never found the upper part.

I did the barrel threading after that.