Standing at attention, after doing 21 gun salute, member of VFW honor guard. Thinking memorial day "Really Sucks", hate it, hate it. Maybe it's the thought of guys passed, 9 men of my platoon who died in Central America, feeling a bit sorry for myself because old injuries/wounds are really bitting me in the a$$, or just being pissed I lost my 1st born 4 years ago Feb. in Iraq after he extended his tour. For being a little town, we sure have too many flags of honor to put up and take down. After they were all folded and put in honor case at hall. We all have a shot in salute. It just "Sucks"

Ruffian72.....I am so sorry to hear of the loss your son, I cannot even imagine how you feel. I dreaded every time mine re-upped. I'm starting to think we are supposed to live our lives to honor them, since we made it through.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to thank all of my fellow bro's here who have served, and those currently doing time. But more importantly I want to give a special thanks to those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. May you

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."   ...and most of America d

Posted Images