How to change my Saiga 12c Butstock!??

Hi guys!

First of all, thank you for the guys who helped me out in the gas port issue of my Saiga. Its all ok now.

Im just wondering why my Saiga 12c has a different butstock slot than all on Ak47/Saiga 12 from tutorial videos. Mine doesn't have the metal peice where 2 screws on the top and 1 at the bottom can be placed.

How can I change my: armas0

into this butstock: armas

Im planning to buy this stock: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATI-Strikeforce-Stock-Buttstock-Cheeckrest-Buttpad-AKA3600-/350759047422?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51aade50fe

Please assist me on this as I dont have any idea on how to do this.

Thank you in advance! Have a good day!

post-45840-0-01940000-1369490569_thumb.jpg

post-45840-0-73962100-1369490612_thumb.jpg

Are either of those pics of your gun?

If yours is the bottom one then it was likely modified for the folder.

I'm thinking that the tang was cut. Post some closeup pics so we can see what you are talking about.

Edited by romad7

first of all that stock on ebay is piece of junk, second both pic's that you posted have great hi dollar stocks folder's on them already if their your guns?

third if your gun does not have " the metal piece where 2 screws on the top and 1 at the bottom can be placed". this means you gun has been converted already.

forth use search as many posts to tell you how this is done .read pinned topics or stickies or you tube the videos.

please post pictures of you gun to show what you have for us to help.

Edited by bobabuee

Pics are required to avoid confusion. If you do in fact have a 12c with the 100 series folder as you've implied then your build has a completely different trunnion, one that doesn't have the tang. What you may have is something special. How does someone acquire such a build and not know it? I hope your intent is not to put on an inferior product.

Edited: I've searched your previous posts and come to realize that the picture with the flag is your build. I'm trying to figure out what country in Asia you live in. My friend, you in fact have a build that is difficult and expensive for us Americans to acquire. Expect flak if you proceed with your plans on changing the stock. What you have is the original 100 series Russian folding stock. I believe the options you have to change stocks is limited. KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS!

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
Thanks guys for all the responses. Im from Philippines, got my Saiga from a registered dealer here. I was amazed that this version is diffrent from the one in US, now that I think of it, I may not change the butstock anymore or maybe, it depends :) I would really like mine to look like my posted pic if possible.
And I would not ditch/trade this gun, its my first and its gonna be with me forever. I paid 1500$ for this. Guns are very expensive here due to import taxes. And as per dearler, this came from Russia. In addition, the "Made in Russia by Izmash" is engraved on the side.
Im also having a hard time getting accessories for this gun because Saiga parts are rare here in my country. I have to pre order them from my gun dealer but I do not know the exact butstock model name for this.
here is the pic of my Saiga's butt. any ideas on where to get a diffrent butstock for this?

Butstock1

Butstock2

Butstock3

Have a drunken weekends!

That's a nice stock. I agree, don't even bother changing it, just enjoy it. smile.png

Indeed an AK 100 series folder is expensive here in the the states to acquire. If it has already been installed, even more expensive. Save your money, buy more ammo and dump more ammo in the name of good fun. You have a great stock already.

Edited by ShadowFire
  • Like 1

Thanks guys for all the responses. Im from Philippines, got my Saiga from a registered dealer here. I was amazed that this version is diffrent from the one in US, now that I think of it, I may not change the butstock anymore or maybe, it depends :) I would really like mine to look like my posted pic if possible.

And I would not ditch/trade this gun, its my first and its gonna be with me forever. I paid 1500$ for this. Guns are very expensive here due to import taxes. And as per dearler, this came from Russia. In addition, the "Made in Russia by Izmash" is engraved on the side.

Im also having a hard time getting accessories for this gun because Saiga parts are rare here in my country. I have to pre order them from my gun dealer but I do not know the exact butstock model name for this.

here is the pic of my Saiga's butt. any ideas on where to get a diffrent butstock for this?

Have a drunken weekends!

Guys here in the US will pay a LOT more for a configuration like yours. Congrats!

• Like 1