Changing username...

When I was signing up I inadvertently put the wrong email address in, and as a result I could not get the username I wanted, which would be my username, minus the number one at the end. I would like to have that number one at the end of my username remove. How do I accomplish this?

Thank you for any help assistance and input

Send a PM to Makc, the forum owner, who has access to the software to make these changes.

Thank you-I appreciate it-but, how do I send a p.m. to MACK, as I cannot seem to locate his contact information anywhere.

Thank you again

Click on 'members' (on top of any page) and scroll through to (or search for) Makc (note spelling), then click on 'send PM.'

Send a PM to Makc, the forum owner, who has access to the software to make these changes.

Thank you-I appreciate it-but, how do I send a p.m. to MACK, as I cannot seem to locate his contact information anywhere.

Thank you again

Click on 'members' (on top of any page) and scroll through to (or search for) Makc (note spelling), then click on 'send PM.'

Still cannot find him in the list.

What now please?

Thanks

Use the search function in the top right corner. Search for makc. NOT MACK..... Select to search under Members... Should take you to his name which you can click on and go to the profile. If it says Administrator,you have found it.... From there you should be able to send a personal message.... Good luck.. MAKE SURE OF YOUR SPELLING!!!! M A K C

Use the search function in the top right corner. Search for makc. NOT MACK..... Select to search under Members... Should take you to his name which you can click on and go to the profile. If it says Administrator,you have found it.... From there you should be able to send a personal message.... Good luck.. MAKE SURE OF YOUR SPELLING!!!! M A K C

What he said, and I said.

• 2 weeks later...

PM Makc again. Apparently he was abroad but I saw him on the forum a few days ago. Far as I know he's the only one who can do it.

I still have not heard back from the fellow who is supposed to be able to help me to change my username. Is there anybody else who can do this?

• 1 month later...

Verified as of 8/9/2013, do not proceed if this website software is showing any different than what I describe to you -

You do not need Makc (Max) to change your displayed user name.

sign into the website. on the upper top of the page you will see your name (current user name in black, just to the left of the sign out button), with an arrow/clickable pulldown box. click on this one time.

you get a small menu. click "my profile".

once this loads, you will see your profile overview page. up top in the right, you will see "edit my profile" as a standalone button. click on that.

when this page loads, you will see on the left, tabs or options. you want to click on the 3rd option down, "display name".

change it, and supply your password for your account.

I will note that your login remains the same, it does NOT change to your new display name, but is your original user name and password. (over time I changed to my real name, which my nickname was an acronym for, I formerly went by "bvamp", but bvamp and my password is what I use to log in to the site, even though i show as "ben vampatella".)

If you want to go so far as to change the whole deal, you will have to have your current account deleted by admins, and start over.

this will change your display name and how users interact/contact you, but DOES NOT CHANGE your login information.

if you want your login user name changed, even with your display name flexible, then you will have to create a new user account.

OH BY THE WAY, if you follow this procedure, your posts are not going to follow a legacy. meaning, your new display name will change ALL of your posts and PMs to your new display name, and not keep the old user name you were displaying. In other words, I cant change my display name to "eat shit and die", then post or PM something, then change it back. Your display name is your name for your user account and will be instantly updated once you change it, both in past and present posts/PMs..

as of right now, today, this link should work - http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=displayname

Id much rather explain how to do whatever, than just post a link, but there ya go...

....oh yeh, welcome to Saiga-12.com !!!

-BV

Edited by Ben Vampatella
  • 3 weeks later...