So what are you guys rollin with? IDK about you but at 200 yds, it's much easier for me to tote stuff back -n- forth to -n- from the range with wheels. And yes I'm ALL redneck.... not just a little bit.... hahah. Love it or leave it... victory.gif

Just threw somethin together that was takin up space for now but I'm gettin some killa ideas already for a cool line of strollers from hell. lol

shocked.gif

post-1293-0-89687500-1369709569_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I've got a private shooting axcess on thousands of acres five minutes from my home that I have to trek on foot about a quarter mile from where I park, and it's a PITA making multiple trips to and fro my truck on foot to get everything set up. My woman and I went yesterday with her Radio Flyer wagon and it saved a double trip.

I have an Otter game sled (3'x5') I drag around for deer and elk hunting that I'll be mounting 16" bicycle axels and tires to to tote around for carrying my gold hunting equiptment that I'm gonna put together next weekend that will hold all my shooting apparel when I go shooting there the next time. I have a small bungee net that will cover everything in the Otter that I will be fastening eyebolts on the front, back, and sides to.

• Like 1

Been working great and can carry all my ammo & mags, targets, and some cold frosty beverages down in the bottom. Even has separated pockets in there for storing baby stuff. Damn thing even has a suspension & brakes...lol. Gotta love Craigs List. Folds up for easy storage too.

I also have a 3 wheeled golf caddy one I rigged with a milk crate at the bottom that works pretty good but is a little more top heavy and not as easy to just park anywhere.

Most of the ones I've seen at 3 gun matches over the years are made from baby strollers. The 3 wheeled versions seem to be most popular but I still like this design better I think. It can easily carry 4 long guns with accessories, and pistols down below. Oh it also makes a kickass portable shell catcher if ya raise the little bonnet thing and park it facing your ejection port by your bench or where ever you are shooting. If you get it close enough and your gun is pretty consistent ejecting, it saves an assload of time searching for or picking up spent brass. Funnels em all nicely down into the bottom.

032.gif

• Like 1

I found a shopping cart, like the one pictured, at a garage sale for 1 dollar. works great for me, and best of all it cost me next to nothing, which is the second cousin of dollar haha.gif

Large+Basket+Shopping+%2F+Grocery+Cart.j

I will give you guys the best advice, if you want a baby stroller and modify it for gun carry, check out the garage sales. I see them up here in NE ohio for a few dollars. about 70 percent of the stuff at garage sales are toys, baby stuff.

I picked up 20 cotton diapers for 10 cents each, it's great for cleaning firearms.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Also check the free section on CL. That's where I found mine. People spend $150 on a stroller like that and the baby grows out of it. If they don't know anybody to hand it down to with a newborn, they often end up on the curb or in a thrift store.

Good tip on the diapers too!

another good idea for a gun wagon, I seen one guy use it at the out door range here a few years ago, is to find a kid's wagon with the sides on them. like this one:

wagon_kids_cart_garden_cart.jpg

or if you already have one of those garden carts, they will do as well. granted, they can't fold to be in a smaller package, like a stroller or a shopping cart, but it will hold a lot of stuff

I've seen a few 3 wheel baby-jogger types in the background of 3 gun videos I have watched. I am fairly sure I have seen them in a catalogue as both a practical gun caddy and as a dumb zombie survival gimick.

They do seem like they would be easier to push over rough ground.

COOL idea Cobra! 2 reasons NOT TO EVER USE WHEELED LUGGAGE! 1) when you are pulling it, unless you have the guns pointed down, the barrels will be pointing straight at your head, and 2) The wheels are MUCH to small and will not handle bumpy/uneven/rough ground. My company gave us those POS one year for a safety award. I was lugging it across rough tracks (RR employee) and the POS tried to flip over. I tried to catch and turn it back with the arm that I was dragging it with and ripped my "slap" muscle in my shoulder. Had to have an MRI, then shoulder surgery. Was off quite awhile. Will NEVER use that wheeled luggage crappola again in my life - EVER. The stroller looks to be much more stable. Plus, they make "beach" strollers with over sized wheels also. Once again, Cobra is the innovater! lol. You need to motorize it and install a chainsaw bayo on it, though - if you are going redneck, don't do it half assed!

Don't tell me you've replaced the Harley with that! horror.gif

Well Joe for now it's just a more convenient way to get back and forth to the range instead of driving the truck. Usually if there are several others also walking. Unfortunately the ol Harley golf cart needs a new set of batteries right now and I don't have the extra 5-600 bucks laying around for six 6v batteries. It's good exercise once in awhile and the shell catcher deal is pretty cool. Like when we shot though, a tarp also does the trick well.

COOL idea Cobra! 2 reasons NOT TO EVER USE WHEELED LUGGAGE! 1) when you are pulling it, unless you have the guns pointed down, the barrels will be pointing straight at your head, and 2) The wheels are MUCH to small and will not handle bumpy/uneven/rough ground. My company gave us those POS one year for a safety award. I was lugging it across rough tracks (RR employee) and the POS tried to flip over. I tried to catch and turn it back with the arm that I was dragging it with and ripped my "slap" muscle in my shoulder. Had to have an MRI, then shoulder surgery. Was off quite awhile. Will NEVER use that wheeled luggage crappola again in my life - EVER. The stroller looks to be much more stable. Plus, they make "beach" strollers with over sized wheels also. Once again, Cobra is the innovater! lol. You need to motorize it and install a chainsaw bayo on it, though - if you are going redneck, don't do it half assed!

LOL @ motors & chainsaws... If anything maybe add bigger wheels on the outside for the bumps, and a winch for pulling that bitch up the hill back at the house...lol!

Being a life member of SASS (a cowboy action shooting group), I've seen several different "gun cart" ideas. Some are pretty ingenious, though not always easy to transport, I'd imagine. I probably should put together a more tactical version. My only one right now looks like this:

cart_zps010ece91.jpg

Very basic, I know. I'll see what I can come up with for a more modern setup. Hell, maybe I'll do a zombie themed one. haha.gif Or.....maybe something that'll hold the Browning 1919A4 and allow it to swing upward and become a tripod! big_smile.gif

Edited by Corbin