Ran new gun this weekend. Tested with both factory 5 round, 4qty factory 10 round, and 2 firebird 10 round. When inserting an empty mag on gun with bolt already held open it will usually remain held open. Rarely rocking the mag fwd/back will get the bolt to drop. However seating a mag with even a single round in it almost 100% of the time causes the bolt to immediatly slam forward. My buddy jokes that certainly helps speed the reloads except for 50% of the time it doesn't pick up a shell.... What i've found if I favor the front of the mag going in first it will seat and bolt stays back, but any jiggle or bump fwd/back and the bold releases and kicks forward. Bolt hold open on last round seems to be working. I saw in one of the other threads about some custom fitting on bolt hold but that didn't see to be a matchup to this issue. Hoping to have FB lower in a few weeks maybe that will sort out and hopefull not new problems. Did call RAAC this morning and they are apparently in some kind of office move so cant get one of the experts on the phone to talk about so sent email to the address provided. Only a few mods so far T/N stock adaper, tromix piston, FB tri-rail, have T/N trigger waiting to just go right into the new lower.

S/N in the 11006XX series. Any ideas thanks.

Ran new gun this weekend. Tested with both factory 5 round, 4qty factory 10 round, and 2 firebird 10 round. When inserting an empty mag on gun with bolt already held open it will usually remain held open. Rarely rocking the mag fwd/back will get the bolt to drop. However seating a mag with even a single round in it almost 100% of the time causes the bolt to immediatly slam forward. My buddy jokes that certainly helps speed the reloads except for 50% of the time it doesn't pick up a shell.... What i've found if I favor the front of the mag going in first it will seat and bolt stays back, but any jiggle or bump fwd/back and the bold releases and kicks forward. Bolt hold open on last round seems to be working. I saw in one of the other threads about some custom fitting on bolt hold but that didn't see to be a matchup to this issue. Hoping to have FB lower in a few weeks maybe that will sort out and hopefull not new problems. Did call RAAC this morning and they are apparently in some kind of office move so cant get one of the experts on the phone to talk about so sent email to the address provided. Only a few mods so far T/N stock adaper, tromix piston, FB tri-rail, have T/N trigger waiting to just go right into the new lower.

I Just about bet you are having the same Problems I had with my XN model 1919..The reason your having trouble with the last round bolt hold open

is not because of your Lower or Bolt catch, it is because of your Magazines!. About every factory 1919 i purchased need some fine tuning of some sort. What was happening with my mags was that the magazine follower wasn't rising high enough in the magazine body to allow the spring loaded

Bolt hold open plunger to push the bolt hold open mechanism in the lower up high enough to get a good hold on the Bolt! If you will open up the

front portion of the feed lips of each mag so the follower will rise a little higher in the mag body this should cure all your problems! I bet if you look at

each mag that's giving you problems you will notice on an empty mag that the spring loaded plunger in the follower of the magazine has more

room to move upward toward the top of the magazine....Hope this helps....Duggr

• Like 1

I Just about bet you are having the same Problems I had with my XN model 1919..The reason your having trouble with the last round bolt hold open

is not because of your Lower or Bolt catch, it is because of your Magazines!. About every factory 1919 i purchased need some fine tuning of some sort. What was happening with my mags was that the magazine follower wasn't rising high enough in the magazine body to allow the spring loaded

Bolt hold open plunger to push the bolt hold open mechanism in the lower up high enough to get a good hold on the Bolt! If you will open up the

front portion of the feed lips of each mag so the follower will rise a little higher in the mag body this should cure all your problems! I bet if you look at

each mag that's giving you problems you will notice on an empty mag that the spring loaded plunger in the follower of the magazine has more

hmmm could be mags but bolt hold open last round is not the problem.With several several mag types tried even the awesome FB ones, the problem is inserting mag on open bolt with a round in it caues bolt to drop everytime. W/O a round in the mag bolt stays locked backed unless some jostling of the mag occurs, usually a back and up motion will cause it to release.

i agree the factory 10 roun mags suck, of the 4 i have 1 will seat in and lock and cant be pulled out by hand but upon firing falls out every time, 1 jams every feed, and the other 2 are pretty reliable.A sticky on mag tune up modifications would be awesome. Could you pass along any tips or pics on mag tune up's.

Chec

hmmm could be mags but bolt hold open last round is not the problem.With several several mag types tried even the awesome FB ones, the problem is inserting mag on open bolt with a round in it caues bolt to drop everytime. W/O a round in the mag bolt stays locked backed unless some jostling of the mag occurs, usually a back and up motion will cause it to release.

Check the Bolt hold device Spring on the lower receiver could be binding up! Not having one could cause this to

Edited by duggr

I have a pre XN model and my gun has the exact same issue.

2 stock 5 round mags and 2 factory 10 round mags.

All trip the bolt release when inserted and has since new.

I assumed this was a design feature. Not a desirable one though.

This is not much help but it may knowing your not the only one with this issue.

Both factory 10 round mags have worked flawlessly for me. Guess I got lucky on that.

• Like 1

I have a pre XN model and my gun has the exact same issue.

2 stock 5 round mags and 2 factory 10 round mags.

All trip the bolt release when inserted and has since new.

I assumed this was a design feature. Not a desirable one though.

This is not much help but it may knowing your not the only one with this issue.

Both factory 10 round mags have worked flawlessly for me. Guess I got lucky on that.

thanks i feel a bit better knowing its not just me. I'm still trying to get RAAC to look into will followup post if i get a fix figured out.

Magazine issue. The bolt open tab on 2 of my 10 rounders and half of my 5 rounders does not sit high enough to lift the bolt catch. Like duggr mentioned, opening the front of the feed lips will allow the follower to rise and the tab will lift the bolt catch. This worked for me. You will need to be careful so the bolt open tab doesn't hit the top of the window it protrudes through.

These magazines are all over the place, with the same ones either not fitting correctly or not at all in my stock lower. They all fit the TAC-12 lower just fine. Most of the feed lips are also not the same length on both sides of the magazines. They definitely need fine tuning to be 100% reliable.

Magazine issue. The bolt open tab on 2 of my 10 rounders and half of my 5 rounders does not sit high enough to lift the bolt catch. Like duggr mentioned, opening the front of the feed lips will allow the follower to rise and the tab will lift the bolt catch. This worked for me. You will need to be careful so the bolt open tab doesn't hit the top of the window it protrudes through.

These magazines are all over the place, with the same ones either not fitting correctly or not at all in my stock lower. They all fit the TAC-12 lower just fine. Most of the feed lips are also not the same length on both sides of the magazines. They definitely need fine tuning to be 100% reliable.

thanks 4 the respone so just to double check i'm refering to the mags being inserted tripping the bolt release. Not the hold back function on last round fired. I must have the worst luck that 2 5rd stock, 4 10rd factory, and 2 10rd firebird all do this.

Sounds to me like the bolt hold open feature isn't rising high enough on the bolt carrier to secure it properly.... if this is the case then the problem is the magazine.... I had this problem on a couple magazines I had. Insert a freshly loaded mag and the bolt carrier disengaged and chambered a round in the barrel...It's a problem that needs attended to ASAP!!

Edited by duggr