illumination- how important?

Ive been looking into getting a vortex pst 2.5-10 (2nd focal plane) for my saiga 308 and wanted to see how important illumination is to you all, as there is a 2.5-10 version thats non illuminated that if acquired would save me about 200 bones. I like the more expensive reticle alot more but think i could make the bdc reticle work out ok. Id like to have this rifle set up as a deer getter from 50-200 yds or so but have the ability to get out to 500 or so for target work (larger targets not varmints lol) . Anyhow, i look forward to the input, thanks again.

Eta: i have the pst1-4 on my x39 and can easily see how at shorter range illumination makes one hell of a difference lol

One word. Money. Lol i figure itll work for my intended ranges with the right math. That, and...i ordered the illuminated version today! Just figured that id planned on spending that much and no more as is...and the 308 wont see as much trigger time as my x39 anyways due to the cost of feedin it!

• Like 1