My youngest got me a humidor and some cigars for Christmas last year. Now it's turning into another freakin' hobby. I went through cigar forums and reviews, but I'd like to hear what you guys like.

My current favorites are:

La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor

Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial (Robusto)

Those are a little pricey ($7-8) for an "every day" kind of thing though. So I'm on the hunt for an "every day" cigar, "yardgar", whatever you like to call it. Something that I don't have to feel bad if I don't have an hour to kill and have to snuff it out early. The "5 Vegas Gold" is a pretty good smoke.

What are your preferred stogies? Low end AND high end? 000.gif

Brick-Hanauer or "B-H" was always one of my favorite domestic "cheap" cigars. I haven't smoked in 12 years, so I don't know about availability. I used to get them at CVS. VERY smooth and aromatic. The green "Connecticut wrap" was my "everyday" smoke.

Brick-Hanauer Adds Value-Priced, Every-Day Cigar

brand1.jpgOur Family's Finest is the latest line of premium cigars from Brick-Hanauer Co., Inc. This handmade 100% long-filler cigar is made by Consolidated Cigar's Honduran factory.

"We are proud to have Consolidated Cigar as our cigar maker," says Marc Moss, Brick-Hanauer's vice president of marketing. "Consolidated Cigar's reputation for consistently high-quality cigars, as well as their leadership role in the industry, serves our needs well. Our Family's Finest will prove to be a very nice cigar for the affordable price. We created it as a cigar smokers could enjoy on a daily basis."

Brick-Hanauer chose a medium-bodied blend for the line. "Though many smokers may profess a liking for powerful cigars, medium-bodied cigars remain the most popular choice for regular smoking," says Moss.

The cigars come in two wrapper selections: a golden Connecticut shade leaf and a richer, darker Havana 2000. In both cases, the binder and filler are Honduran tobaccos. Five sizes are available: Viajante (8 x 52), Churchill (7 x 50), Toro (6 x 50), Robusto (5 x 50), and Rothschild (4 x 50). The cigars are individually cellophane-wrapped, in 25-count bundles. Suggested retail pricing is $36 (Rothschild) through $50 (Viajante), at keystone discount.

Our Family's Finest cigars are currently available from Brick-Hanauer Co., Inc., maker of the popular Santa Rosa and Madrigal lines of premium cigars. The Hanauer family graces the label.

Brick-Hanauer Company., Inc., P.O. Box 540473, Waltham, MA 02454, Tel: (800) 255-5556, Fax: (781) 891-0602, E-mail: brickhanauer@fujipub.com

http://smokeshopmag.com/1001/brand.htm

If you like flavored cigars one of my favorites is the TATIANA, and if you dont feel like killing an hour they come in 3 different sizes.

These are 3 of the best ones, i preffer the GROOVY BLUE

Groovy Blue - Berries soaked in Vanilla, with Acacia Honey and Cognac

Waking Dream - Vanilla Cream, Piedmont Hazelnuts and Single Maly Whiskey

Night Cap - Vanilla over Marcona Almonds, Cafe Arabica and Criollo Cocoa

http://www.tatianacigars.com

Edited by THE VILLAIN

Backwoods Vanilla. I rarely smoke anymore, but I wouldn't turn one of these stogies down for sure. I know they're low end and redneck as hell, but I can't give any direction on the fancy ones, never had one.

• Like 1

If you like flavored cigars one of my favorites is the TATIANA, and if you dont feel like killing an hour they come in 3 different sizes.

These are 3 of the best ones, i preffer the GROOVY BLUE

Groovy Blue - Berries soaked in Vanilla, with Acacia Honey and Cognac

Waking Dream - Vanilla Cream, Piedmont Hazelnuts and Single Maly Whiskey

Night Cap - Vanilla over Marcona Almonds, Cafe Arabica and Criollo Cocoa

http://www.tatianacigars.com

These are good but my favorite flavored is the Heavenly Vanilla Corna. That reminds me I need to do another house search for my Cigar Caddy. I know it made it back from the last hunting trip of the season I remember taking it out of the truck just can't find it. I have the 40 model and the damn thing is full of Heavenly's and Macanudo's.

Am I the only one that keeps a list of shit you can't find in your own house? I did find a AR bolt I had been looking for about 6 months this weekend. That just leaves my cigar caddy and my ipod.

Romeo y Julietas are a little more reasonably priced and still pretty good. There' s a bunch of different versions of them, so try a few out and see if you find one you like. Then buy them by the box to save money.

Also, you can skip your state sin tax by ordering online. Not that I'm condoning that kind of thing, just making a comment.

I actually buy most of mine local because there is a really good cigar shop in town and the guy who runs it has all kinds of useful info.

Also, these are good and not too badly priced:

http://www.cvtobacco.com/press/shop/CIGARS/cigars.html

I've bought online, but still like to hit up local shops just to "talk cigars" with the people working there (and support the local guy). On good days, you can catch the owner at a lot of places, and they are a wealth of information. They also usually turn you onto the best smokes! But, they're still in it for a profit, and sometimes suggest things that are overpriced and substandard occasionally (the things with the biggest profit margin). But for the most part, my experience has been really good. It's good to talk with people who have a passion for what they do and like their job.

Plus, everything at a local shop has can be purchased as a single if you're still trying things out. Then it's easy enough to go online and get a box if you find something you really like.

Now if I could only find a cigar that the wife doesn't give me the, "OMG, you stink! Go take a shower!" naaaa.gif

SWISHER SWEETS!

No. Sorry. Joking. I don't smoke cigars regularly, so I don't know anything

other than cigars sold in convenience stores in the hood are not to be taken seriously.

Actually, those mild Swisher "little cigars" (cigarette size) are pretty dang good for cheapies.

I like a Swisher Sweet Giants (Giant sized Blunts - bigger than a Blunt) when I am drinking a Twisted Tea hard iced tea. The tastes seem to complement each other nicely. The larger cigar, the milder. Yeah they are cheap machine made crapola. But they aren't bad for once in awhile. Otherwise it's just menthol cigs.

Backwoods Vanilla. I rarely smoke anymore, but I wouldn't turn one of these stogies down for sure. I know they're low end and redneck as hell, but I can't give any direction on the fancy ones, never had one.

Yeah if im not puffin on a Tatiana to save a little money ill definitely go for a Backwoods berry or mild, I think there a tasty low end cigar.

• Like 1

My youngest got me a humidor and some cigars for Christmas last year. Now it's turning into another freakin' hobby. I went through cigar forums and reviews, but I'd like to hear what you guys like.

. . . The "5 Vegas Gold" is a pretty good smoke.

What are your preferred stogies? Low end AND high end? 000.gif

@ Yeodetool -- Sorry that I've arrived late to this party. 021.gif

Damn. . . a few weeks ago I threw away almost a dozen 5 Vegas Golds just to make room in my humidor for a recent order of Liga Privada No.9's that I received. Anyway. . .

My two absolute favs are God of Fire Carlito, and My Father Le Bijou. The God of Fires are somewhat expensive. . . but worth it to my palate. (I'm able to score the God of Fires once to twice a year, courtesy of cigarbid.com.)

Speaking of humidors, mine was custom made out of hickory, pictured below:

DSC09968.jpg

OldHickoryhumidorbyWaxingMoonWood00.jpg

Edited by Gary
  • Like 2

Gary, if you did that woodwork yourself I'd be supremely impressed. NICE boxes.

Thank you! Naw. . . I can't take any credit for the humidor, other than having been "at the right place at the right time" when it was all but finished and being made available for purchase. Ed Sallee of "Waxing Moon Humidors" built it. wink.png

Love me some Tatuaje, My Fathers, most any Padron ESPECIALLY the Anni 64's, Fuente sungrowns and OpusX line... and a few more out there as well. Pretty normal for me to be at the range with a cigar... on my boat with a cigar.... hell,just sitting on my deck with a cigar! My retirement present to myself will be a Bob Staebell Aristocrat Cabinet Humidor.

@ Yeodetool -- Sorry that I've arrived late to this party. 021.gif

Damn. . . a few weeks ago I threw away almost a dozen 5 Vegas Golds just to make room in my humidor for a recent order of Liga Privada No.9's that I received. Anyway. . .

My two absolute favs are God of Fire Carlito, and My Father Le Bijou. The God of Fires are somewhat expensive. . . but worth it to my palate. (I'm able to score the God of Fires once to twice a year, courtesy of cigarbid.com.)

NooooOOOOoooo....I hate to throw anything away, but would definitely hate to pitch my cigars! horror.gif But I understand...have to make room for the good stuff.

I have yet to find anything from the Garcia family that I *DON'T* like. They make some awesome cigars. The My Father line is really exceptional, and I've got a Le Bijou in the humidor right now that I haven't tried yet. There's a few that I try to save for "special occasions". Although...I'm getting pretty creative at what I consider a special occasion any more:

"Just washed the truck" or

"It's less than 80 degrees outside" or

"Today is Wednesday"

• Like 1

My favorite cigars have been the Romeo y Julieta, Macanudo and Onyx. Onyx was a lower cost, very mild cigar until Cigar Aficionado rated them in the top ten years ago and the price skyrocketed.

Edited by Ronswin

I've had every fuente available, but my favorite remains Diamond Crown Maximus.

My humidor looks like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Quick-and-Cool-150-Quart-Cooler/16437963

"Coolidors" work great! That reminds me. . . of the two "cigar overflow" tupperware containers I have stowed away within my cabinet that my hickory humidor rests upon:

IMG_0579_zps6f673b59.jpg

greedy.gif

Cigar humidors are like weapons safes. . . . in short order you discover the one that you have just simply isn't big enough to hold them all! 021.gif

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1