Horrible day yesterday... my exs mother called saying I need to get my son away from all that temp... because he is in a bad situation. They were going to back me 100% on getting him away from her til she could finish her summer semester at her college. She has been staying with a guy who has beat my son not soanked and was force feeding him til he was crying and chokes on his food. Nonetheless my son is 2-1/2 yrs old. Her mom had her daughter agreeing to him staying with me for the summer til she can finish school and move back to the town where all his family lives at the same time as me continueing my chikd support checks to her. While I take care of him. I backed out and said I will fight for full custody. Now her mom said she will not back me at all and I wont have any proof of what was happening to my child. So im going to contact cps and a lawyer today. She left the guy she was with. Has lived at 5 different addresses in the last year. Has no job. No money (except what I send her for child support and she buys ciggerettes and booze.) No stability. But without proof of what was going on im stuck in a hard spot.

She has 2 past cps cases against her one for each child. Gave custody to her ex gor her oldest son to get cps off her back. She was arrested for PI because she wasnt in the drivers seat when they found her after wrecking my jeep with her son in the back seat. They found her in the nude. And the police report said some pretty awful things. The other was failing a drug test while pregnant with my son.

I have to get him away from her. She is a horrible mom that puts herself first and he is not in a good environment... pray for me guys.

Its going to be a hard battle but she doesnt have a job. Lives off the government and the money I send her. She a "full time" student but again 5 different homes in less than a year. She has nothing but my son. I gotta go all in.

I'm hoping for the very best for you. When I was a kid, (8, 9 or 10) I had an Aunt that took in foster kids. I will never forget one Thanksgiving, one of the little girls (5 or 6?) got into a drawer that had marshmellows and ate some before dinner. My Aunt made her eat the whole bag until she puked. Then sent her to her room without supper. Why my Uncle or parents never spoke up, I don't know. It totally disgusted me, and I never had any respect for her after that. People can be such assholes. it ruined the day for everyone. I sincerely hope that everything works out for you. DOCUMENT everything, even the supposed "help" that was retracted. If they get called on a witness stand, and you have dates of phone cals, etc, they may be forced to tell the truth. Also - record your phone conversations. Texas is a State that only one person has to know that the communication is recorded. You would be that one person. You don't have to tell the other party. Good Luck.

• Like 1

I don't know about how it works in TX but in FL it's all but impossible to do it, the mother would have to be in jail or found by the court to be unfit. Good luck and hopefully you'll have a good lawyer that will tell you if you even have a shot without soaking you for some big bucks wasting your time. Have seen this type thing locally with 2 sets of grandparents who got custody of their grandkids and it wasn't easy.

Do a paternity test, if you already have no worries . That's my .02

it wouldn't do a bit of good, courts have ruled that even though the child was never yours, you are still on the hook for child support, because you accepted that as yours.

the time to do a paternity test, is the minute the kid is born, or still in the womb.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

He ia definitely mine lol. Ya I gotta get a recordee and catch her with shit. Lawyer said anything in the past from the day the firsr court order was signed dont mean anything anymore.. sooo im SOL til I catch her on recorder or she gets arrested.

My poor baby boy shouldnt have to live a life crying his eyes out and being scared. Its almost impossible to get a kid from there mother. Literally. . Here in texas that is.

First objective is making the fuck stain who hurt your son end up in a lake. After that, take the kid from the old hyde.

Good luck.

That is my next objective. If I eber see him again my chances of custody will be gone. I will hospitalize his ass.

Edited by travistp

keep calm, his life is not worth your child being taken away, however should the oppurtunity present itself and he is an immediate threat to the child then do what you gotta do.

Lastly what my lawyer told me in this situation, record every little thing possible.

Protect the innocent at all costs....my life means shit to me if my son is being harmed. I don't mean to send you off, and it seems pretty self evident that she is not in a good place right now to care for anyone. God bless brother, I truly hope & pray that things look brighter very soon for you and your son!!

• Like 1

First objective is making the fuck stain who hurt your son end up in a lake. After that, take the kid from the old hyde.

Good luck.

That is my next objective. If I eber see him again my chances of custody will be gone. I will hospitalize his ass.

Don't do anything in regards to the ex-boyfriend. You said it yourself, your chances of custody will be gone. Putting the guy in the hospital is more about you and how you feel. I'd be angry too but keep priorities on your son. If you really want to help him you have to think long term. If you see this guy be the better man and calmly walk away.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your son's situation, I have been there and done that, and unfortunately, it's a BIG uphill battle. I spent $10,000 + and still couldn't get full custody of my 1st daughter. The legal system in Fl is so slanted against men in divorce proceeding, it phucking crazy! But do like others have advised, keep a detailed journal of everything that happens... Best of luck to you and your son.

K12

Yeah.....that fucken hole controls the entire world, Troy burned over it. Keep your cool, but keep the preasure on the court. My neighbor lost custody of her daughter and she is far from being an "unfit mother", she's just very stupid.

there are too many fuckbags out there. do not play nice. Take off the kid gloves and go for broke bubba. ive been there. it sucks

deadhorse.gif+1! Absolutely go for broke bro. With all the police reports you've indicated, sounds like it shouldn't be too darned difficult to gain custody.

this is why it's best to stay single, you don't need to buy the cow to get the milk and deal with all the drama, baggage and other nonsense that comes with it. and you certainly don't want anything you planted in that cow to sprout.

I see all these "stick family" on mini-vans, well here is one for us single guys; can I get a amen?

single_and_happy.jpg

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Give me a call Travis. Been there, done that,and will give you level headed advice. The courts don't work the way we think they should in child custody hearings. Hang in there friend.

• Like 1

I got full custody of my daughters. A lot of stress and court bullshit but it was all worth it. Do you have visitation rights now. Is there A parenting plan in place already? It sounds like she is fucking up a lot. Hopefully she will fuck herself with some drug charges or something. Document everything. Start a journal of all conversations and all texts emails ect with your X also time spent with your son. Gather as much dirt as possible. Have her take drug test and you as well to prove you are the better parent. also custody is tricky and there are a lot of things the courts look at. Keep your home and things clean and ready for a child in the home. If you haven't got a lawyer yet get one. Try and find one that specializes in family law. Also if you consult with legal aide she cant due to conflict if intrest. Edjucate yourself as much as posible in custody laws for your state. Good luck and we all hope it goes well for your son and you. Shoot me a pm if you need to vent or just want to talk. I know your stress.

He ia definitely mine lol. Ya I gotta get a recordee and catch her with shit. Lawyer said anything in the past from the day the firsr court order was signed dont mean anything anymore.. sooo im SOL til I catch her on recorder or she gets arrested.

My poor baby boy shouldnt have to live a life crying his eyes out and being scared. Its almost impossible to get a kid from there mother. Literally. . Here in texas that is.

Good luck.

Her past definantly does effect her ability to be a good parent. and can prove she is not the better parent. Mostly with my case the courts look at what is best for the child. And a history of drug and child neglect and abuse will help you. Have a good talk with her mother and try and record her saying what she told you before.

All I can say is you need any and all documentation or proof for anything you are going to try and use for your case. E-mails, texts, voice mails, letters, video, police records. He said, she said won't get you any where with a judge. Family services are all libtards that think children should be with their mother no matter how shitty they are. You have an long road ahead. Keep a level head and do things the smart way not emtionally.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Travis.

Here in AZ it starts at 50/50 if both parents want custody and goes one way or the other depending on if one parent is a douche or not. Still costs a butt load of money but at least the man has a fighting chance to see his kid. I pretty much hate my ex wife but at least I know she is a good mother to my son who is 6 years old now. She doesn't discipline him and do things the way I would want but she would never hurt him in anyway and would never let anyone else hurt him either.

When I was fighting for custody I did a few things you might consider to show the courts how important this is to you. First thing I did was enroll in Adult/Child CPR classes to get certified. Next I went to "child rearing classes" and got a certificate from the school that I could handle it. Every person in there was actually court ordered to attend but me, that one paid off in spades when we went to mediation. Finally the last thing you need to do is ignore anyone advocating violence on someone else in this thread. That is going to give your ex ammunition and you don't want to do anything that is going to give her ammunition against you! You need to always be the reasonable one, think things through always and consider what a third party would do, and listen to what your attorney is telling you are realistic outcomes. Otherwise you will piss more money down the tube. The lawyers see this shit day in and day out. They pretty much know what is likely going to happen before you go before a judge.

Wish you luck man and hope things work out the best for you and your son.