Im so mad right now....when you finally have to cut some one off.

I have a different take on this. As a recovered alcoholic and ranger candy connoisseur, I believe people can change. That strange shit he is smoking does amazing things to the brain and will only make him high, then dumb. I would suggest you go over and kick his ass in, completely.

It would not hurt to beat the ever loving shit out of him to the pont that he sobers up. It will happen after a few good blows to the ribs and face. Once he is full of adrenaline, tell him that he's fucked up, he stole from you and he needs to get clean or he will end up dead. Let him know that if you ever see him fucked up again, you will put him down.

It's your buddy. He took a wrong turn and might be able to get back on the line again. Once he sobers up, he will thank you and buy you some more ammo.

My brother and I both are recovered. Strange Norsk gene makes us perfect mean drunks. We both wanted to change, we have helped others by reminding them they are fucked up. Sometimes it takes a beating. Don't be afraid to use a bat if he's bigger. smile.png

If he doesn't want to change after the beating, write him off.

This will take some time.

p.s. your word against a junkies. have a witness if needed.

Edited by Stryker0946

I have a different take on this. As a recovered alcoholic and ranger candy connoisseur, I believe people can change. That strange shit he is smoking does amazing things to the brain and will only make him high, then dumb. I would suggest you go over and kick his ass in, completely.

It would not hurt to beat the ever loving shit out of him to the pont that he sobers up. It will happen after a few good blows to the ribs and face. Once he is full of adrenaline, tell him that he's fucked up, he stole from you and he needs to get clean or he will end up dead. Let him know that if you ever see him fucked up again, you will put him down.

It's your buddy. He took a wrong turn and might be able to get back on the line again. Once he sobers up, he will thank you and buy you some more ammo.

My brother and I both are recovered. Strange Norsk gene makes us perfect mean drunks. We both wanted to change, we have helped others by reminding them they are fucked up. Sometimes it takes a beating. Don't be afraid to use a bat if he's bigger. smile.png

I'm an ex-druggie/alcoholic, been clean & sober going on two decades.

But I was never a shitbag thief, never fucked over friends and family and I was only in trouble with the law once... I was a functional & responsible addict.

Yes, people can change... But some things are inherent personality characteristics and great caution must be exercised until they've exhibited undeniable change in their lives.

For me to ever regain trust in such a person, they would not only have to be clean for an extended period, but they would have to have changed their heart & mind.

They would have to recognize and seek forgiveness of their sins, personal apologies and make it right with those they wronged.

• Like 2

Long story short. I have had long time friend. Pretty much grew up my entire life with him. Ive been suspicious of him for a long time and new he just hasnt been giving up old habits. I grew up and he didnt but Ive been giving him a chance for a long time now and trying to not believe it was true. He grew up with a mother that was in prison and my mother pretty much was always a mother to him. Hes been in and out of work for the last 5 years. Job to job. Lots of signs of using more than just marijuana. Hes been hooked on this fake marijuana shit too. Its bad shit basically if you havnt heard of it. Who knows whats in it but lots of people have gone crazy from smoking it. Ive been trying to talk to him friend to friend and get him into a program and its one excuse after the other about hes quitting.

Enough rambling. Long story short(i said that right, sorry im mad as hell right now). He was recently over and he going on about this place that sells this synthetic weed stuff and how they are accepting guns and ammo for trades on stuff like tattoo work and potpouri or whatever they call it. He was really acting nervous and not himself. I tried to keep him in eye sight and just didnt feel right. Something was off. Well he happened to slip away from me for 5 minutes while I was doing something. I for days now have been trying to tell myself he wouldnt do it. There is no way. Not to me.

Well i just cant stand it any more and I finally look......the FUCKING PRICK DID IT! thanks god it wasnt a gun. But Im positive he stole a good bit of ammo. Only thing I figured is he didnt think i kept count. But you all know WE keep count. Something was telling me he did and I tried to not look because I had this feeling.... I cant believe im that big of a sucker. I dont know if Im more mad at him or myself right now.

At this point I dont even want to see or have anything to do with him ever again because im sure if i saw him right now I would kick his ass. I really thought i could help him by being a friend. Right Now all I hope is that he either hits rock bottom or ends up in prison for a few years to think about his life and what he has become. I just never want him around me or my family ever again. Nothing more in this world I cant stand more than some one I cant trust because they are a thief.

GOD IM SO FUCKING MAD.

Sorry for the rant guys. But thank you for listening. I have to go sit and drink a cold beer and try to relax. Because im seriously thinking about calling him over and confronting him and that would not be good right now.

Yup....people like me steel the security of others and they retaliate. I really never wanted to hurt other people, but my lying cheating and steeling did just that, and in the end there was nobody left, I was alone. I have made amends to most of the people I fucked over and some of them have grown to trust me again, some never will an I certainly don't blame them. I have devoted the bulk of my life to helping others like me find recovery, not all do. Yeoldtool has it right I think....tell him you know what he did and to stay the fuck away. Sounds like you've done allot to try and help him, now protect your-self and your family. Take solace in knowing that you tried to help a very sick person, this is what God would have us do. If I can help you in any manner please feel free to contact me via PM. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

• Like 1

I say check out the machete thread on the forum. Once you decide which one you want, buy it, pay him a visit, then overnight FedEx his hands back to him. Just make sure you pad the insurance up for them. Last I checked, right hands on the black market were going for roughly around $675K, and the left hands were almost $125K cheaper, due to commonality of righties.

That should teach 'em!

Seriously though, the advice given by most of the members here is damn good advice. Thing I would add is a well written letter to the bastard. Many times a written note cuts and bruises deeper than any ass kickin' (though it's funner to kick a thieve's ass than to write him a letter)!

• Like 1

I had a friend like this. He wasn't a drug addict, but he sure loved to party... Long story short, my best friend in the world (who was going to be my best man) waited a whole two days after my fiance left me before he confessed his "undying love" to her. He bad-mouthed me to her, lied his ass off, and manipulated the situation to drive us apart.

Like you, I was so furious that I didn't know what to say. I have very few people in my life that I consider friends and he was like a brother to me. I told him off and avoided him for two years. Karma caught up with him. His fiance had left him only a month before this happened and she took their baby. Then he lost his cushy union job and couldn't pay on either of their vehicles. He lost those too. Then he lost his apartment. He got a new girlfriend who, oddly enough, went to middle school with me and remembered me (I didn't meet him until I moved and switched high schools).

He seems to have grown up a little and he's starting to pick up the pieces of his life. I help him with things from time to time (mainly for the sake of his girlfriend and child) but I will never trust him again. He's a liar and a skirt-chasing deadbeat. I hold his proverbial hand because someone has to.

People like this don't really change, they just find different situations to get themselves into.

I'm an ex-druggie/alcoholic, been clean & sober going on two decades.

But I was never a shitbag thief, never fucked over friends and family and I was only in trouble with the law once... I was a functional & responsible addict.

Yes, people can change... But some things are inherent personality characteristics and great caution must be exercised until they've exhibited undeniable change in their lives.

For me to ever regain trust in such a person, they would not only have to be clean for an extended period, but they would have to have changed their heart & mind.

They would have to recognize and seek forgiveness of their sins, personal apologies and make it right with those they wronged.

A little coke, weed and jack make for a good working drunk. The new drugs are fubar. The pills, the spice... the shit is nuts. It's like meth times ten. It goes after the sparks in your brain big time. My brother changed his life around completely and is now a psyc. who helps people who were as fucked up as he was. He fucked a good engineering degree and job and ended up with a felony. He didn't like what he was doing and changed for the better. It took years. It took a baton and some pain for him to see the light.

I believe that people can change. It does take a lot of time. If the ass kicking reminder doesn't help them, it probably never will. At least they know not to come around ever again.

My bro does AA. I do not. I had to adjust to the normal world after being a grunt and hated to hear people bitch about how stupid they are. Hell, we're all fucked up and stupid. I went to an AA here that was right next to about a million bars downtown and I really wanted a drink after hearing people who probably just showed up to get attention. Some were squared away, they didn't say shit. They were sober for years yet still showed up.

It works for some people I guess. I have my brother to talk to when I have the fucked up dreams of blood and booze. In a way, he's my AA. Hunting and shooting helped me focus on something else. We all have addictions, might as well be one that can reach out and touch something.

Keep up the good work. Some of us were not meant to drink! I think that if I stuck to meade I would have been ok. Vikings aren't meant to be drinking beer and jack!

He has to want to get better. His actions will most likely land him in jail or dead one day. Then again he may decide to turn around. I would tell him you know he stole from you and how dissapointed you are and your done as friends until he straightens his ass out.

Beating his ass will most likely end up with you getting an assault charge and now you lost your right to purchase a firearm over an addict and 100 rounds of .45 ACP.

Ya fake weed is fucked up, I had a really bad exp with it.

I gotta say props to all the awesome people on S12 for being open about their experiences and being stand up dudes.

I hope your friend gets better man. BTW letting someone go is often the right thing and is actually the more caring thing to do, the smallest things can enable, and finally being able to turn your back to it is a much bigger statement. My mother was a raging alcoholic for years, it got worse while I had lymphoma and even after I was better just kept getting worse. Them always being so close to my place was really tough. College was the only time I felt apart from it and living around other places was nice. I always felt responsible I suppose that is what kept me staying so close, finally in Nov 2008 she woke up, it was after a great personal tragedy for me and seeing my ex fiancee in her heroin, coke, whatever induced craze opened her eyes, and when that happened I kind of flipped out on her about her problems. When all was said and done my entire family saw a woman we hadn't seen since the early 90s emerge, it was an amazing thing to see.

Ya fake weed is fucked up, I had a really bad exp with it.

I gotta say props to all the awesome people on S12 for being open about their experiences and being stand up dudes.

I hope your friend gets better man. BTW letting someone go is often the right thing and is actually the more caring thing to do, the smallest things can enable, and finally being able to turn your back to it is a much bigger statement. My mother was a raging alcoholic for years, it got worse while I had lymphoma and even after I was better just kept getting worse. Them always being so close to my place was really tough. College was the only time I felt apart from it and living around other places was nice. I always felt responsible I suppose that is what kept me staying so close, finally in Nov 2008 she woke up, it was after a great personal tragedy for me and seeing my ex fiancee in her heroin, coke, whatever induced craze opened her eyes, and when that happened I kind of flipped out on her about her problems. When all was said and done my entire family saw a woman we hadn't seen since the early 90s emerge, it was an amazing thing to see.

People can recover.....but usually not until much pain and suffering has been had by all involved.

I'm so glad you shared this, and very happy for your family, thank you red_heart.gif

Edited by AA re-cvrd
  • Like 1