Industrialist .223

now when you say 'something warhammer esq...' do you mean Warhammer Warhammer? cos a Cadian colour scheme, or perhaps a Death Korps of Krieg would look awesome... biggrin.png

You've got the right idea. If you can throw up any pics that might render over well as a theme without getting into some crazy bold color that would paint me up like a neon light at distance, I'de love input.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck'n sexy bitch right there!

There you go, nice workaround !

Its almost mandatory. I like to push myself to just how far I can go, and see the result. I like what your doing with this thing NB.

Posted Images

Yep... The cadian camo pattern is looking really good for fitting the theme I'm looking for. Thanks for the recommendation!

102598894_Na2bmnHV_resize.jpg

4117783862_6097e052ba.jpg

Stormi Wouldn't have any trouble at all implementing a pattern like that, it goes well with the angular features of the gun, and its not so bright as to be day glow like some of the reds, yellows or blues in some of the colors.

a emblem or two will give him a chance to get fancy.

I really cant wait to see how it comes out! I am a GIANT Warhammer nerd, and I will be following your project closely :)

Every time i see one of those AK pistols, i immediately think 'Bolt Pistol'....

I think that might be my next project...

• 2 weeks later...

"Finished" welding up the reciever, molded the cheek riser into the buttstock better with epoxy, slightly changed the contour of the back(added upper angle to help keep it high in the shoulder), and added a front sling swivel utilizing the cleaning rod holder.

the old safety was butchered and now acts as a cross brace in the receiver. this was used more to reduce the welding needed more than as a support brace. I can't imagine .223 really needs more rigidity than other ak calibers.

I painted it black more to help see any imperfections that still need fixing than anything. Honestly, I think its pretty ugly like this. Stormi's paint job might have to be the saving grace for this gun, LOL.

It will JUST BARELY cowitness. the PA micro illuminator's position makes it not very practical however. A gods honest aimpoint micro would likely fix this. This was something I was hoping would work out, but I didn't have my hopes up. Its the reason for the elevation adjustable rear, and opening up the hood on the front. both sights are raised up to help make this happen, and thats why the cheek riser is needed. I could go higher with both of them, but the further I put myself away from the bore axis has its own detriments.

PA150072.JPG

PA150073.JPG

PA150075.JPG

PA150076.JPG

PA150078.JPG

PA150079.JPG

If I ever get my hands on a AK LINCH, i'll be butchering the top cover to fit it to this one, the original charging handle will be removed, and the opening on the right side will be removed by adding some sheet metal to the cover to close that area up.

Cool, but why not have a handle on each side?

I wouldn't be able to close up that hole primarily, and I don't see much of a gain for keeping it.

...and I just reminded myself I should remove the old S and F marks...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The LINCH is in, and rough fit!

Still some work to do, but its already been function tested! At this point I feel like I'm out of the woods so to speak...

(Shown here with a Pre-ban soon to be illegal in my state, and ultra sexy Sterling 180 40rnd mag)

PB050080.JPG

PB050081.JPG

Forgot to mention in my excitement that a lot of finish work has been done as far as covering up the mods to the buttstocks cheek riser, and my removal of the rails from the handguard.

Pistol grip has been given a almost grip tape like texture using duplicolor bed armor. I'm going to have to add some texture to the front hand guard to cover up my work yet also.

I'm thinking that I'll cut a washer to help make the missing remainder of the locking tabs to the rear of the dust cover, then depending on results, do some more work to add rigidity to the LINCH from the removal of the rear to fit around the tech sights. Once I feel totally confident its not going anywhere under adverse conditions, I'll be hacking off the factory charging handle, and closing up the gap where the safety used to be.

Not sure if he's reading this, but I wanted to give a shout out to Sgt 1st class Davis for his excellent communication with me over the last week or so regarding the LINCH. He didn't seem excited about me hacking away and modding his system, but that's just pride in his own work. It really is a nice product for the right application, My own needs just required something slightly different.

I'm sure after holding and checking some measurements with different saigas that it would be adaptable with other saiga models. The S-12 being the hardest to convert for. the biggest issue being the Bulgarian covers Doug Davis uses for the LINCH are a tighter fit to the receiver even on rifles. Saiga shotguns have the beefier front trunnion that would have to be clearanced on the left hand side looking down the weapon just before the bolt when in battery. If you have a saiga shotgun and a rifle, you can see what I mean. The saiga shotgun does not have the angled relief that the rifles have. Also the wider receiver with the tight Bulgarian cover creates another issue that would have to be worked around. You MIGHT be able to open up the ejection port, not run the shutter, and bend out the dust cover, but its not a very good option, and I wouldn't say you would have a high chance of success. More likely it would require splitting the dust cover length wise down the middle, tack welding it on the reciever, and finish welding on a bench using everything you can manage to reduce warping in the thin sheet metal.

Other models like the .308 seem like it only needs some minor fitting on the front lip to fit in the tighter FS block. This would likely be able to be done with a hand file.

It is direct snap in for regular saiga models like the .223 and 7.62x39 which it is advertised for.

I'll have more information on what is required to make it work with the tech sights when I'm finished. I don't care to speak before I've done in this case as I will have more than just theory aiding me in this case.

Thanks for following the build, and as always, if you have any questions on the work, I'm more than happy to give answers, or provide better photos.

I'm liking it.

We need to talk colors/patterns.

I've been hunting Cadian Camo, and I have to admit there are some great ideas to work off of.

Right now....... No Mars, wastelands, desert or snow. Urbans and woodlands we can play with.

Thats easy, woodland colors with minimalist black. Maybe just some highlights, or shadows behind the natural colors.

Need to make some heat shields for the handguards too... I plan on this gun getting very hot...

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

I'm tired of woodland ......

In my twisted mind, I was thinking more of CADPAT OD Green, CADPAT LT Green, Gray and Black.

Urban rubble/ urban camo, splinter.

Woodland colors acceptable----- German Flecktarn colors. ;)

Your rear aperture looks a little big to me. I know some feel that this helps with rapid target acquisition, but I have never been convinced.

Oh and nice FAL handle.

Did that take a lot of fitting to the saiga dust cover or were the contours right?

The rear aperture is larger than a peep sight, but smaller than a true ghost ring or night sight. I feel comfortable with the trade off as I only get one. A true peep might be better for long range accuracy, but would be more obstructing of the red dot.

I figure I can make up some of that lost precision by running a narrower front sight tip.

Realistically looking at this what could I expect as far as accuracy? With all the tricks I'm throwing at it, and even possibly some tuning in the future I wouldn't expect superb accuracy. Indeed I'll be more than pleased if I can put up some 1.5MOA groups. That would put this where a base level AR is.

As far as the handle, I didn't fit that. Its one of Davis tactical's LINCH setups. he uses Bulgarian dust covers. My only fitting was to make it work with the tech sights, and I'll cover that process more in depth later.

I was joking about the single scope ring as a ghost ring AKA aperture sight.. NVM.

I recognised the cocking mechanism. Lynchs are made by taking FAL surplus parts and fitting them to an elongated track with a curved inside. Salt and I held FAL, Lynch, and LWRC REPR parts side by side. They were clearly identical, or made to identical spec. I wanted to know if it would fit the saiga dust cover or the curve was different from the bulgy. You answered my question.

I was joking about the single scope ring as a ghost ring AKA aperture sight.. NVM.

I recognised the cocking mechanism. Lynchs are made by taking FAL surplus parts and fitting them to an elongated track with a curved inside. Salt and I held FAL, Lynch, and LWRC REPR parts side by side. They were clearly identical, or made to identical spec. I wanted to know if it would fit the saiga dust cover or the curve was different from the bulgy. You answered my question.

Sorry the joke flew right by me, figured you were talking about my gun.

I'm going to try my best to get some progress on this today, but its going to be a busy one with the Syracuse Street Rod Nationals going on and me going to pick up a Bike lift...

A resurrection of another thread has me wondering if I should get the barrel fluted, LOL. Probably won't happen... The extra heat dissipation would be nice though.