76 mm mag mod from COBRA

Just so yall know... I plan to DELETE all the "good job" kudos in his post, and CLOSE IT... so it stays a PRISTINE EXAMPLE of how to mod these magazines, without alll the filler material...

No offense to anyone... and if you want to reply to it... PLEASE DO IT HERE!!!!

:smoke:

This is from 13CENT KILLER, I moved it here, because I deleted it in the sticky... and wanted it to be available...

Awesome Cobra!!!! I will be doing this. I'm getting ready to chop up some mags to make 9 rounders(just hope I don't fock-them up). Most of my mags are 76mm so your idea will be great.

And I agree!!!

MANY KUDOS to Cobra... another AWESOME mod!!!!

NO GUILT 13 cent....

You did well to give thanks... and I know Cobra appreciates it..

I just want to keep these GOOD EXAMPLES of a tutorial clear, and not have 100 posts to search thru "just in case" theres something else important buried further down.. if that makes sense...

as I commented to Cobra.. I dont want to steal his thunder... I want to keep it LOUD AND CLEAR! LOL

P.S.

I would like to see Cobra go back and edit out his TUTORIAL on the S12 he did and re sticky that... and make it a nice clear HOW TO without the rest...

but I wont touch that one... that would be his to do with as he sees fit....

I think *ALL* the tutorials should maybe have their own section... an "EASY REFERENCE" section...

have them all LOCKED... and read only... and well titled... so if you need info... BOOM there it is...

but thats just my thoughts...

Not a bad idea.

And I'm working with Bvamp already on some editing of my AKS-12 conversion tutorial. I would like to try and put it on a disc and sell copies to people not as lucky as you guys :ph34r:

Good idea Indy...thanks!

Back to the mag mod...

Good work Cobra - I may end up doing one up as well. I like the beefy looks of the 3" mags over the 2 3/4" ones. Sucks though because I just bought a boat load of 2 3/4" ones... <_< I like the idea of having one mag for all ammo. I did the follower flop back in the day, but never went beyond that...

Edited by dinzag
  • 1 month later...

Bump!

Got out & ran the modded followers today. :smoke: Sweet idea - worked great man! :up:

We loaded them every combination we could think of. For 3" we used buck, #4 shot & #6 shot. For 2 3/4" we had low-brass #9 shot, high-brass #4 & #6, & slugs. Just loaded a few in each mag to check first & last round feeding reliability.

I had one shell get caught exiting the gun, but that was some 20 year old federals I found in my dad's garage. Plus that had nothing to do with the mag. The other 99 went off without a hitch.

Now a key development would be U.S. molded S-20 followers that fit this altered profile. Why the hell didn't someone figure that out over in Russia? The 12's have that capability.

Edited to add:

Anyone with a 3" (76mm) mag should check out Cobra's follower wedges...PM him.

Edited by dinzag
...I ordered 4 "wedges" from Cobra, cause he looks poor!

Ouch...you might want to check a couple of those for slivers. :lolol::lolol:

I'm sure they are smoother than a baby's ass! Can't wait til they get here, i'm tired of shooting that 3.25 dollar a box of 5 federals! although slugs are fun!