New Poll Shows England Wants Its Guns Back

Government

New Poll Shows England Wants Its Guns Back
May. 30, 2013 2:41pm Erica Ritz
600x4262.jpg

Ruger .45 semi-automatic pistols seen during the142nd annual National Rifle Association(NRA) convention at the George R. Brown Convention Center May 4, 2013 in Houston, Texas. Credit: AFP/Getty Images

The United Kingdom is often held up as a successful example of gun control by those on the left. But a recent poll by the Daily Telegraph, one of England’s most widely-read publications, shows Britons themselves are far from sold on the laws.

In a poll asking readers what laws they would like to see introduced or changed, an overwhelming number of voters chose “repeal the ban on hand guns and re-open shooting clubs.”

“After all, why should only criminals be ‘allowed’ to possess guns and shoot unarmed, defenceless citizens and police officers?” reader Colliemum wrote.

Here is a screen shot of the results, as of TheBlaze article’s publication:

Screen-Shot-2013-05-30-at-12.58.14-PM.pn

(Photo: The Daily Telegraph)

In a far second place came the choice for a flat tax, at 7.59% combined to 84.53% who want to repeal the ban on handguns.

The United Kingdom passed some of the strictest gun control laws in the world in 1997 after 16 children were killed in Dunblane, England. Gun crime sharply increased in the subsequent years, doubling by 2007, according to British government crime reports.

• Like 3

Maybe it has something to do with terrorists feeling so safe on the streets of London they can behead a man walking down the street and then pause to give an impromptu video interview with bloody hands a few feet away while citizens stand around with their hands in their pockets.

Edited by DogMan
  • Like 4

Tell them good luck. Once you give them up, you wont get them back, period. Even if they got them back, they need to rid themselves of the shitty self defense laws that are in place so they can actually use them.

• Like 1

Emotion leads to stupidity by mass population. What Obama's team was counting on after Sandy Hook. Longer it took, general masses realized more gov. control equaled less personal protection. Leftist/Liberals deal with emotion to get power.

• Like 1

If they get their arms back, they will have a real fun time with the fucked up laws that prevent them from using them to defend their homes and loved ones.

It's such a sad shithole. I talked to a man from the UK and he was about like our liberal democrats. He lived in a nice place and didn't have to worry about all the welfare imports. He did not agree with the guns in America, I told him that he has that wonderful right to an opinion because of the firearms used to fight for that right and that the Canadian boarder was only a few miles away if he didn't like it. I explained to him why crime in Montana is so low. I pointed out several people in the area that were printing, they all had pistols on them. It would be a really stupid place to get out of line.

I think the rich are happy with their false sense of security over there and the working man and poor are fed up with the shit.

If this ever happened here, I would be turned into a criminal with an unconsitutional statute.

They need to get the fuck out of the EU first and then work on their guns. Then work on all the scum that comes in and sucks off the welfare system.

Poor brainwashed sheep.

• Like 2

I think this isnt really news. The two largest protests in England ever (peaceful, I dont know if they included their violent protests) were to get their guns back. I am afraid they have the same problem we do. No one good runs for office, and everyone votes for schmucks.

The whole problem is, once the guns are gone, they are gone. Are there any instances of people actually getting back their guns?

I think this isnt really news. The two largest protests in England ever (peaceful, I dont know if they included their violent protests) were to get their guns back. I am afraid they have the same problem we do. No one good runs for office, and everyone votes for schmucks.

The whole problem is, once the guns are gone, they are gone. Are there any instances of people actually getting back their guns?

Crickets..........

• Like 1

Crickets..........

I think crickets are chirpin across the whole forum.....lately

Some British MP said "now we have our subject where we want them" abuot the gun ban. They'll need guns to defend themselves from the Arab and Islamic infestation of their country.

The British have had this progressive leftist mindset for a longer time than many asshats in this country. This is why they needed American guns to help them during WWII. I remember seeing a movie of postwar England dumping thousands of rifles into the English Channel and they wrote on the crate "to Davy Jones Locker". I'm surprised that Pierse Morgan doesn't go back to his gun free utopia where he came from. Apparently he doesn't want to pay the exorbitant taxes there and wants to take advantage of this country while trying to impose the laws that made his country a shithole.

I'm surprised that Pierse Morgan doesn't go back to his gun free utopia where he came from. Apparently he doesn't want to pay the exorbitant taxes there and wants to take advantage of this country while trying to impose the laws that made his country a shithole.

Sounds like a bunch of other mutherfukers in this country too............018.gif

Hmm India and Russia (USSR) are all that come to mind, seems it takes a revolution to get them back even a bit.