any tips to remove the retainer plate

the vepr 12 I just got from royal tiger did not have a spring it was an actual metal plate.

To remove take out the saftey arm. lift up on the plate it will go like 1/8" Slide out the trigger pin.

Slide the plate back to wards the buttstock and it will free the hammer pin.

Not hard at all other than being slapped with the hammer spring a few times and then securing it with a rubber band so it quit slipping off and slapping me and it was golden.

It was a bit of a hastle to get the saftey back in there it kind of hangs up on the outside if the gun on the trigger pin but if you gently pry up on it to go over the pin it will bind on the inside. I just fiddled with it a while and it finnaly slid in. I am not sure if the pin retainer plate moved and let the safty slide in or not :) just wiggle it a while lol

one more note the trigger I removed had a metal tube in it like the replacement so it did not go flying when I removed the pin. Not sure if thats a new thing or not. I am totaly new to the vepr

Thanks for the tips

Edited by ShadyVepr

so any tips how to remove the retainer plate that holds the trigger.hammer pins ?

or better yet a youtube vid of it lol

take a pocket knife to pry it open just a hair and then use bent needle nose long pliers to grab it from above (wiggle and pull upwards and backwards). It's very easy. I was able to swap out my trigger group inside of my car in 15 minutes. like these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-11-inch-20-offset-45-angle-long-reach-needle-plier-set-33202.html

ya I actualy did not even need a tool to move it after I figured out how it worked. The replacement trigger had a wire spring so I was looking for that when I started. I used the original retaining system it looked better than the wire.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...