VIDEO: Plastic Muzzle Brake for the Vepr12/Saiga12.......IT WORKED&#33

Nice progress being made there.

Another one you might want to try is polyproplyene. Cold Steel makes walking sticks and ball bats out of the stuff and the torture tests on those products is interesting, they bust up a cinder block with it and snap a bovine (cow) femur with it. Might be worth a look.

• Like 1

Nice progress being made there.

Another one you might want to try is polyproplyene. Cold Steel makes walking sticks and ball bats out of the stuff and the torture tests on those products is interesting, they bust up a cinder block with it and snap a bovine (cow) femur with it. Might be worth a look.

I will have to get some to try out....thanks.

This stuff here might be worth a try...a person would have to order the minimal amount......http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23829&catid=618

Yeah a member of this forum already sent me some "scrap" Torlon......look that stuff up lol....crazy expensive but worth it because it WILL work!

Nice....that is....crazy expensive...lol. Now I cannot wait to see that in action.

• Like 1

This stuff here might be worth a try...a person would have to order the minimal amount......http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23829&catid=618

Yeah a member of this forum already sent me some "scrap" Torlon......look that stuff up lol....crazy expensive but worth it because it WILL work!

Nice....that is....crazy expensive...lol. Now I cannot wait to see that in action.

Me too....but I will wait to finish it after I have the bugs worked out with the cheap stuff!

Will the plastic brake withstand the heat? This is not a problem on shotguns but would be on rifles. Also the plastic has to be tough and impact resistant. The first brakes were machined like steel but the stress concentrations were too high for the material. The design has to be modified to the material to avoid breaking.

• Like 1

Will the plastic brake withstand the heat? This is not a problem on shotguns but would be on rifles. Also the plastic has to be tough and impact resistant. The first brakes were machined like steel but the stress concentrations were too high for the material. The design has to be modified to the material to avoid breaking.

All of this is already known to me. I wanted to test this design out first then if there is promise I would dial in the material/design as I go. The HDPE (the white brake) would not but the Delrin has a 350 degree F melting point and the Torlon I have can take 500 degree F continuous operating temp.

Im serious. Make one out of high heat silicone rubber. Used in automobiles to food processing and furnaces!!.

We'll see lol...remember I'm retired with 2 boys under 2yrs old. I barely have time to do what Im doing now lol.

Im serious. Make one out of high heat silicone rubber. Used in automobiles to food processing and furnaces!!.

We'll see lol...remember I'm retired with 2 boys under 2yrs old. I barely have time to do what Im doing now lol.

actually ya the same stuff used in trans and engine solid mounts and suspension bushings. I forgot how tough that shit is. I had an engine fire on the track dripping flaming nasties on a good urethane bushing, and I just had to cut the nasty bits back and it was fine.

It would probably hold up better than plastic and resist high temps very well.. i mean, i doubt you get a barrel to 500 degrees and if you do.. it probably warp the damn thing.. Hmm... make one out of the rubber and ill be a buyer :P.. Would be so awesome to see it perform.. hmm. time to get a copyright and trademark :-P