Because if they knew it was a missed attempt to shoot the guy, they should have placed a charge for homicide.

They can use some reason, otherwise there'd be no charge for discharge in the city, only missed attempts to shoot another.

By the way, fantastic talk.

The government is criminalizing veterans to prevent them from owning guns since they are well trained in using them. I heard a few other cases of army vets being arrested for carrying an AR-15 rifle as well. Diane FeinSwine is also trying to get veterans disarmed by claiming they have post traumatic syndrome disease and other bullshit. They fear the military vets who are loyal to the country and the freedom they signed up to defend.

• Like 1

What exactly was the PERP charged with? A little background about the Medford OR PD. We tried never to go to Medford OR, but they have the only big surviving shopping maul (?) in SW OR, sosss the ex lady friend sometimes insisted....which is one reason why she is now my "ex" lady friend.

Oh....I digress. The Medford OR police department has a very bad rep. Not nice at all. Never smile, never say thank you or "opps" and will always write you up for some speeding ticket if they think they can get away with it. They also, (I belive) have a very tough anti 2 admendment attitude.

No open carry in Medford Oregon. In the rest of the state, (mostly) open carry is OK, except for the liberal Portland area and a few liberal college towns. They are very hard ass about this. They also stretch automobile PC searches with or without concent. This happened to me.

Was pulled over for "weaving" and crossing the line. Did not happen. My CCW permit came up on the computer before the officer addressed me. I legally declared the .45 on my 8 o'clock left hip. He wanted to see the gun. I said no thank you. He got mad. Wanted to search my car. I said no.

Anyhow, I spent about one hour along side the road with several Medford PD cops threatening all sorts of bad stuff. I said where is your PC and just get a warrant if you want to search. They eventually let me go, but said "We know who you are and where you live...and don't come back to Medford"

Ass holes. Hopefully this brave Vet will be vindicated. This sounds sooos typical of Medford PD based upon personal experience as stated above. I try never to even visit that town. They think they are Russian or something. Rant concluded. HB of CJ (old coot) sad.png

^^^ if you have a CHL, you can open carry ANYWHERE in Oregon - though I beleive Oregon Ceasefire just got some shit passed about probibiting in state official buildings. State law pre-empts whatever laws Medford thinks they can enforce. However there is NO pre-emption for unlicensed carry.

Shanadalos, please stop making excuses for shitty laws - e.g. "Discharging a firearm within city limits." Police do it ALL THE TIME. Police are not super-fucking-special magic men who deserve exceptions in the law. If they can discharge a warning shot, you should be able to as well, regardless of whether or not you think it's a good idea.

The point raised above was good - the vet did the city/state/taxpayers immense money by not having to have to foot the bill of the felon's potenti injuries in a shoot-first situation. Too bad he didn't just completely eliminate the guy from the equation - he'll be back in jail for three hots and a cot at some point in the future.

Edited by mancat

^^^ if you have a CHL, you can open carry ANYWHERE in Oregon - though I beleive Oregon Ceasefire just got some shit passed about probibiting in state official buildings. State law pre-empts whatever laws Medford thinks they can enforce. However there is NO pre-emption for unlicensed carry.

Shanadalos, please stop making excuses for shitty laws - e.g. "Discharging a firearm within city limits." Police do it ALL THE TIME. Police are not super-fucking-special magic men who deserve exceptions in the law. If they can discharge a warning shot, you should be able to as well, regardless of whether or not you think it's a good idea.

The point raised above was good - the vet did the city/state/taxpayers immense money by not having to have to foot the bill of the felon's potenti injuries in a shoot-first situation. Too bad he didn't just completely eliminate the guy from the equation - he'll be back in jail for three hots and a cot at some point in the future.

Caveat- Oregon is pretty lame about reciprocity, so the statement should start with "If you have a CHL that Oregon deigns to recognise..."

I firmly believe discharging a firearm in a self-defense situation is only warranted if you actually have to shoot at a threat. Firing a warning shot is generally a stupid thing to do, and, as stated before, can be quite dangerous. I don't think this guy should be hung out to dry - but it was a damnfool move to fire his weapon.

Being a vet doesn't make you any more superhuman than being a cop. He's just a guy who made a poor decision.

• Like 1

If I ever claim I fired a warning shot it's really just a miss, that I'd rather claim bad judgment to than poor marksmanship. Never had to fire a shot in the line of duty but the USAF didn't allow for warning shots. If you had to shoot you were suppose to really mean it.

It's normal for a veteran to give an American a warning shot before they have to kill them.

Lay off the bullshit on this guy. He did a nice thing and should not have to deal with this bullshit. Would the city rather have this guy ace the fucker which he could have done blind folded?

They need to drop the charges and give the two tour vet his fucking rifle back.

+1

Unfortunately, a dead perp inside the home would have saved the tax payers twice. Once for the perp's arrest, and another for the Vet's arrest.

Edited by SN13

Whatever the case, remember this: you fired to STOP THE THREAT of serious bodily harm/death, not to KILL. The kill was just a byproduct/accidental happening.

Edited by Remek