I really wanted the title of this thread to be Fuck Google, but I'm trying to be nice laugh.png

Here is the reason I started this thread, I got this notification in my e-mail today;

Dear gunman1,

Most of VGOF's operating revenue is generated through advertising. We were recently notified by Google that we were not allowed to run Google Adsense ads on VGOF due to their "No Guns" policy. Running Google ads on VGOF (and AIG Tactical) were violations of Google's terms of service. Upon receipt of this notification, I immediately removed all Google advertising from VGOF and AIG Tactical in order to prevent my entire account from being deleted for breach of their TOS.
Unfortunately, this has affected the ability of VGOF to sustain some operations including our email newsletter (I pay a monthly fee for this service) and any and all giveaways.
I've already asked for donations on quite a few occasions, and received some much needed assistance when the yearly bill came due for the server (thanks to all who support!). However, I'm not really interested in continually begging for donations to keep things running around here.
The VGOF revenue model has changed from Google AdSense ads to commission-based advertising via Amazon.com, Tire Rack, The Sportsman's Guide and a couple of others. Please consider using the links here at VGOF make purchases from any of these merchants, as any such purchases help to pay the bills around here.
VGOF also offers direct advertising for gun shops and manufacturers (please email me if you own a business that would benefit from advertising on VGOF) and we get a couple of dollars if you join or renew your NRA membership through our affiliate link.
Please consider supporting VGOF in any way you can - not just through direct donations, but through any of the methods listed above and displayed throughout the pages of our community.
Thank you for being a member here at VGOF, and thank you for being a supporter of the Second Amendment and our other Constitutionally protected freedoms.
Regards,
Rick

I dumped Google (youtube, Picasa and others) when the privacy rules were outlined - and they suck. Their opinion is everyone should be able to see everything. The last straw was when a buddy and I were emailing back and forth about a 'secret' idea... ad he started getting ads targeting that idea. I was on Gmail and he was not. Their privacy rules state that all emails are scanned for advertising, regardless if they originated from gmail or not. So even his emails to me were scanned. I use Bing for search, Vimeo for movies, Photoshop for pics and a private email hosting company in Norway(?) because of their privacy laws. Screw Google.

Here's a good one, and it's encrypted, too. I use ixquick and bing mostly.

https://www.ixquick.com/

With the stupid "don't need a warrant to snoop through you email" attitude, I've been thinking of running my own email server, too.

Okay, so I switched over to this ixquick and.............

FUCK YOU GOOGLE

post-13516-0-77908500-1370174852.jpg

I dumped Google (youtube, Picasa and others) when the privacy rules were outlined - and they suck. Their opinion is everyone should be able to see everything. The last straw was when a buddy and I were emailing back and forth about a 'secret' idea... ad he started getting ads targeting that idea. I was on Gmail and he was not. Their privacy rules state that all emails are scanned for advertising, regardless if they originated from gmail or not. So even his emails to me were scanned. I use Bing for search, Vimeo for movies, Photoshop for pics and a private email hosting company in Norway(?) because of their privacy laws. Screw Google.

I'm looking for a new secure email place to use. I'm on a job hunt and looking to get a new account. of course I'll be dumping using google chrome anymore. going back to firefox. IE is crap so will never use that again besides on a new machine to get firefox.

I have to say you guys are funny. here you are on the internet, and you are worried about privacy.

^^^^^^ THIS!!! laugh.png ^^^^^^^

The OP addresses their anti second amendment stance, not privacy. Only a total moron should expect privacy on the internet. My decision not use them is based on the OP, not internet privacy.

I'm looking for a new secure email place to use. I'm on a job hunt and looking to get a new account. of course I'll be dumping using google chrome anymore. going back to firefox. IE is crap so will never use that again besides on a new machine to get firefox.

Keep a small machine running with your own email server. It's not hard. Then YOU will have control over the server and who gets access to it.

Keep a small machine running with your own email server. It's not hard. Then YOU will have control over the server and who gets access to it.

I have a box I can leave running currently, however I may be moving to an area without stable highspeed, more then likely dialup or wireless net, so that would not be possible then.