winchester 1300,cheekweld prob,ouch

Common problem. Whether these work without pinching you tends to be based on your size and length of pull, etc. They just suck for some people. It is an inherent weakness of every pogo-stock.

My two cents- If you still have your original stock and it fits you well, look up C&H mercury tubes on google and choose a 10 - 12 oz model and a good pad by kickeez or limbsaver.

if your issue is strike angle rather than pinching, as I assumed, you can build up the cheek riser to the correct angle- roughly parallel to bore. That slope I see on many similar stocks, pretty much guarantees and impact with your face as it recoils.

weel its not just that,my wife shoots it as well and her arms are shorter,i personly love the old stock as far as the light grain wood ,but adjustable stocks work better,i got in contact with greg at css and he will have a cheek rest soon,thank you. posting on a sunday is always iffy.

If you bottom it out for her, it will kick like a normal stock. but it can't pinch her as is an issue on the close settings. For you, two clicks out might help, and of course the riser.

I’ve been working on a shotgun for my granddaughter to use for skeet. I’m 6’1” 280 lbs she’s 5’ 80 lbs, so what works for me may not be her cup of tea. Most of my shotguns are 20 ga semi-autos. I have a Remington 1100 Special Field these are the ones with a 21” barrel and a straight English style stock, love the gun. I picked up a Remington youth stock for it and it fits her perfect but is too short for me to use. I found an add on recoil pad that adds enough length of pull for me to still use the gun.

Side note I made a choke with a Cutts compensator for this gun (damn thing is 7.5” long out of the gun) to soften the recoil while she’s learning. Big bulbous thing looks like hell in a way, but damn it drops the feel of the recoil way down. Screws in and out so no big deal.

In short a youth stock for her and add on recoil pad for you.

Should note at this time I'm not giving her this gun but am looking for a standard 1100 with a 26" barrel for her and I'll give her the stock and the choke till she grows into the regular stuff or gets a stock fitted if needed.

post-26137-0-34110200-1370616293_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor