reloads for my new legion saiga

hi guys, just joined this forum a few weeks ago to get an idea what was good to buy or not.

after a little research, i bought a legion saiga 433a 030. first saiga i`ve owned or any shotgun

for that matter. the threads in the saiga 12 forum said to break this in with 100-200 high brass

or high velocity shells so thats what i have been doing. now i`m able to run some of those walmart

type #8 shot shells.

to make a long story short, my bro in-law gave me his lee load-all to start reloading some shells.

been loading metallic for 20+ yrs. now but never shotshells. just ordered the "Avantages" manual

from Ballistics for load data. what i would like to start to load is ( this factory load i like, remington

game load 2 3/4 in. 1 1/4 oz of #6 shot) box says 1330 fps. cycles well and i don`t mind the recoil.

anybody have an idea whats good to replicate this load?

these are the powders i have for shotgun so far:

long-shot

herco

unique

800x

700x

and CCI 209 primers and 1 1/4 plastic wads.

going to wait for the data manual before i start but would like a recipe or two from some of you

guys who may have some load of your own for the shells i want to make. thanks for your time!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using aliant powder, its the easiest for me to get currently. I bought american select as it was for 9mm and 12ga. I haven't done any shot shell reloading yet, I bought a load all II from a coworker that was doing his own loads for hunting before. He wanted to upgrade.

I ran about 100rds of high powered loads thru my S12 when I got her. She runs like a top, just doesn't like winchester target loads. I buy federal anyway. And I go with the 7.5shot not the 8.

Welcome to the fun!

Edited by montec