I had to draw my weapon a short time ago to defend my wife and I. No shots fired, THANK GOD. The three trespassers just about shat themselves when they saw I was armed and aiming right at them before they could close the front door behind them. Everyone is safe and okay. Again, THANK GOD.

• Like 2

Lock up your daughter, Lock up your wife. Lock up your backdoor and run for your life. I've got a big burn pit on my property. So I would have probably shot them and dragged them there. Glad everything turned out ok for you. But they will probably be back. All they have to do is watch and see when you leave. They know what you have now. They know the layout. And they are pissed because you caught them. Ain't nothin' gonna stop them. You should have killed them and planted knives in there hands and claimed - a feered' fer my life. I have no qualms about killing a person anymore. None at all. Esp. if they are in my house. YMMV. I fucking hate people anymore.The more people I know, the more i love my doggies.

Edited by coronet
  • Like 1

I'm beginning to suspect that the three idiots had no idea that someone was in the house. Had they advanced, or shown me a weapon, I would have had no choice but to shoot, but they turned and ran out the door. If anything is partially funny, it's that the first two in the house ran over the guy that was closest to the door. PD showed up fast, but never reported back to me if they found the clowns in the neighborhood.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to suspect that the three idiots had no idea that someone was in the house. Had they advanced, or shown me a weapon, I would have had no choice but to shoot, but they turned and ran out the door. If anything is partially funny, it's that the first two in the house ran over the guy that was closest to the door. PD showed up fast, but never reported back to me if they found the clowns in the neighborhood.

Just curious what you said to them? GTFO or freeze, dirtbags!?

Man, I just have so many questions.... Oh, glad you and yours are all safe!

Had you been home a long time and just left the door unlocked? Were you in bed? Many lights off?

I have taken two lessons from this: lock and load.

I dont feel so paranoid now for keeping my ccw on me at all times, a shotgun in the kitchen, and my ak loaded in my bedroom. Hell I may just stash another pistol somewhere else.

glad everything was stopped then and there, we just had a woman here murdered due to a burglary, fortunately they caught the three and they are all now fucked, woman had been here 2 weeks from ohio and this happened, and her 8 year old found here as well, hope they get the chair.

Good job on keeping your wits about you. You may have been justified in unloading on them but it would have had price no matter how it turned out with "the law".

One habit I've been able to make is locking the door of any space I occupy no matter what time of the day it is or what the circumstance is. I don't even think about it, I just do it. Another SOP is to never allow anyone on the outside to see inside especially at night. I'm really uncomfortable when I visit someone and they have the windows uncovered at night.

You done good bud.

The dog is here, but he's a puppy and not exactly a home defense dog. My wife was telling me a while ago that she will never complain about me target practicing and attending firearm and self defense courses. Even though she has been through many of the same courses and training, she admitted that she would not have known how to react. Got to do something about that. Need more cheap tula 9mm to get back to practicing.

• Like 2

Glad you both are okay....look into a security system with surveillance. That way you can keep an eye on your property at all times with your smart phone. If you don't have any kids, a few presa canarios would have taken care of all of them for you.

big_smile.gif

The dog is here, but he's a puppy and not exactly a home defense dog. My wife was telling me a while ago that she will never complain about me target practicing and attending firearm and self defense courses. Even though she has been through many of the same courses and training, she admitted that she would not have known how to react. Got to do something about that. Need more cheap tula 9mm to get back to practicing.

Grab a couple of airsoft guns and practice "reality drills". You could even have a buddy play "bad guy" for realism. Cheap practice, and can be both fun and educational.

coronet is right, THEY WILL BE BACK. You will probably have to kill one or more of them, they're coming back, they always do. I'm telling you this from personal experience, they're coming back.

I keep my .45 right beside me in the livingroom at all times when we're home.

Don't try to kill them? Stopping a threat means killing. If you shoot at someone without the intent to kill you would need to answer why you felt deadly force was needed if you didn't think a deadly outcome was needed.

DLT, glad to read all is OK, family is safe! That is the important part!

To those that use the term "shoot to kill", well, you are doing all of us gun owners a disservice and that statement WILL be looked poorly upon the media. That is why, if you are justified to shoot, you shoot to STOP THE THREAT, if a bad guy dies as a result, well that is the unfortunate outcome of stopping a threat.

Some folks have never been in this situation and never had to answer to the courts to understand what I am saying!

Oh and DLT....you very well need a drink after that situation......it helped me in mine after the dust settled!

Edited by Bigtwin

Don't try to kill them? Stopping a threat means killing. If you shoot at someone without the intent to kill you would need to answer why you felt deadly force was needed if you didn't think a deadly outcome was needed.

Bigtwin is right (above).

Monty, you can tell everyone you shot to kill, but Its you who will be fighting the possible 2nd/3rd degree murder charges if you do. Your call.

Edit: correcting third person usage

Edited by Remek