I haven't tested this out yet but it seems like it should work and it doesn't look really cheesy or backyard mechanic ish.

Just went down to the auto parts store asked for a small diameter piece of vacuum line. since I only asked for about 5 inches of the stuff they let me have it for free. Only other thing needed is some super glue and about 5 mins.

I cut off about 2.5 inches of the line, ran my pocket knife through one side of the vacuum line, put a small amount of superglue on the edge of the dust cover that needed to be covered. Then I slid the sliced piece of vac. line in place and pressed it firm against the cover for a couple mins.

You can see where some of the glue is showing around the edge of the vac. line. If I had been a bit more careful you wouldn't see any and the fix would look super clean.

I'll try to get out and test it soon and report back.

-lol I've had my camera for 6 years and I just found the macro setting-

IMG_0028_zps05e93563.jpg

Edited by idRATHERbeOUTDOORS

Excuse me sir, But I believe you applied the rubber to the wrong part. Generally its the ejection port area causing the dings, not where the safety goes.

for example, this valmet buffer is applied in the correct spot to stop the "AK kiss"

pix038012271-2.jpg