Anyone polished the gas system? Puck?

My S12 f'ing runs. No complaints. Last week before a multigun match I hit the puck a little with 1200 grit paper, mostly the edges. What could it hurt? I'm just going for ultimate reliability. I didn't clean it for a long time, one yr I think, and it finally started choking so I thought.. why not see if I can extend it's round count between cleanings? If you hit some critical spots to reduce friction and fouling reliability should increase right? smile.png Should I polish further or just drink less coffee and not dwell on things so much?

Drink less coffee.

The puck should be tight as possible to deliver the best gas pressure.

Okay tight I agree with whole heartedly but why not less friction too? Not overdoing it of course.

Seek answer in OP.

My S12 f'ing runs. No complaints.

less friction? That gas will slap that puck back friction or not. itll actually wear the puck in to where there is hardly any friction... Let it be. Thats the point of performance aftermark pucks besides the 922. the tighter the fit, more gas that will be used!

Leave it alone. Check out what this jack ass did...

<Link Removed>

Looks like a Mike Rogers handguard.

"Like" Mike Rogers, but not Mike Rogers...

The dude had a drill and a dremel and didn't know when to stop. Nor does he understand $2200 is too much to ask even for Alaska.

less friction? That gas will slap that puck back friction or not. itll actually wear the puck in to where there is hardly any friction... Let it be. Thats the point of performance aftermark pucks besides the 922. the tighter the fit, more gas that will be used!

Best answer. Won't touch. My factory puck is snug.

How about the back of my Autoplug? It gets carbon caked on but I think I like the whatever coating is on it from Tac47.

• 1 month later...

why is link removed???

it was removed because it was linked to a "non-business member". business members pay protection money to this site so that no other businesses can be linked to them from here.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

The only polishing I have done to my puck is the front face to remove Tapco machining marks, and make it a little easier to clean. But at most that was about .001 or less off the face. Don't touch the sides or bore, or you're going to loose gas pressure and possibly functionality.