Planning for conversion - Would like sound advice

In the research/planning stage on moving the FCG forward and would like advice on the best brand of FCG conversion parts.

First off I read the "Sticky" on conversion and read some previous post. Considering some post were up to a few years old and my plan may or may not be slightly different than what some would do, I thought a new post would (Hopefully) best answer my questions.

First off, of course I am talking about a S-12. I currently have a Phoenix Kick-lite recoil reduction stock with pistol grip and would like to keep the same stock if possible. Of course I have to remove the pistol grip off the stock. It is easily removed by removing one bolt. I plan to buy a differnt pistol grip though as I would prefer one with finger grooves.

Here is the biggest concern/question. I just want to do a simple conversion to get the FCG and pistol grip forward. I have read about various makes of aftermarket FCG's on the forum. But as I mentioned, some post were somewhat outdated and some kits were noted as better or worse than others, and some were noted as requiring alterations to other existing internals. So I would think some previous FCG's that were previously mentioned as being not good or so-so may have been improved. Or some that were good a few years ago (although unlikely) may have been changed and are now problematic. Or that some require some level of final fit and finish. i.e. grinding/beveling.

So assuming I can still use my current stock, what brand of basic conversion FCG is reccomended that will give me solid/reliable performance, smooth trigger etc that is plug and play. I prefer to get a FCG where all I have to do is remove the necessary parts and simply install the new FCG and it works. I think I read a previous post where some FCG kits require some form of alteration such as modifying parts by grinding/filing etc. I simply want to remove and replace and the FCG work.

I also recall reading where some aftermarket FCG conversions parts (although functional) don't function as well as others. I wish I had remembered where on this forum I had read it so I could copy/paste it so I could dicuss it in more detail on what the downside was with some kits.

So, that being said, what brand conversion FCG kit would be best? Again, I stress that I want (if possible) a kit that is simply plug and play requiring no modifications to the new or existing parts. By modifications I mean like having to grind, file, modify or otherwise to get the internal parts to function as intended. Yes, I know I have to drill out rivet/pins etc to remove the existing FCG and plug some holes.

By what I read, I was thinking about a Tromix brand FCG kit. And in regard to my Phoenix Kick-lite stock, I would like to verify if there is no reason I can't stay with it and simply remove the existing pistol grip from the stock. Not sure if the existing pistol grip would attach to the receiver after conversion or not - but that is not a concern because I want a new pistol grip with finger grooves.

I would greatly appreciate any input from those who truly know the pro's and cons of various FCG conversion kits. And, the feasibility of using my existing stock.

Thanks,

Edited by saiga12-er

Ive used the tapco fcg and the texas ak designs fcg and they are basically the same had to do a little grinding here and there on both. That being said I believe css has a allready modified fcg that you sldnt have to touch which sounds like what you wanna do .

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-138/TROMIX-SAIGA-TRIGGER-TAPCO/Detail