Hey all, hopefully this is allowed. My house was burlaraized recently and my Saiga-12 was one of the guns taken. It's pretty unique. It's a legit tromix conversion, but fixed stock, with krebs sights and flash suppressor, molyresin finish so almost a really really dark grey. I've never actually seen another one like it. Also, what would you place the value at (with no mags)? This is not a thinly vieled for sale ad, it's already been reported stolen. I just don't know what to report to the insurance company. I had it at $900 but after looking at things on gunbroker I think it might be a little low.

saiga1.jpg

saiga-12-2-1.jpg

If you all could keep an eye out I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Hell, the full serial is H03400964

I'm thanking my stars for the $75 steel cabinet I had bolted to studs. If you don't have anything protecting your stuff, at least do that. $75 saved me the majority of my collection, probably 6 grand worth.

The alarm system is in progress also now, since the worthless shitheels saw the safe and know it's there now. I don't really have a choice, so that's another $40-50 per month this will cost me now.

Edited by clange

The alarm system is in progress also now, since the worthless shitheels saw the safe and know it's there now. I don't really have a choice, so that's another $40-50 per month this will cost me now.

those flimsy steel cabinet is a far cry from being called a safe, school lockers are built better those those POS. my advice get a real safe,

also, it does no good to put up the SN, if we don't know the city and state where it was stolen.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

My good friend sold his rifle to his brother in law. Then it was stolen, my friend was so worried cause it was "In his name" it took weeks for me to convince him that in Georgia no gun is registered, he was from NJ he thought the paper work to buy put the gun in his name. Well he was there for the police report he told the cops about where he bought it they went to get the 4473 and then his gun is found on a felon as be was gun running so my buddy is going to get the weapon back after the trial. Got very lucky.

What area are you in?

If your in FL I'll print the SN out and keep an eye out.

I got my S-12 back from a similar event, a stolen firearm is often what brings down a drug dealer.

Get a gun safe as your next gun buy.. A big one that is bolted to the wall and floor.

I agree with Matthew, get a real safe. Those cheap lockers may have worked this time because you were lucky, usually you can fold the top corner back and pull out rifles and access the top shelf. Sorry you have to go through this, and to loose a S12 is terrible.

Hey all, hopefully this is allowed. My house was burlaraized recently and my Saiga-12 was one of the guns taken. It's pretty unique. It's a legit tromix conversion, but fixed stock, with krebs sights and flash suppressor, molyresin finish so almost a really really dark grey. I've never actually seen another one like it. Also, what would you place the value at (with no mags)? This is not a thinly vieled for sale ad, it's already been reported stolen. I just don't know what to report to the insurance company. I had it at $900 but after looking at things on gunbroker I think it might be a little low.

saiga1.jpg

saiga-12-2-1.jpg

If you all could keep an eye out I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

$2000

• Like 2

Oh yeah, I was going to say, the cheapest I have seen a basic conversion from tromix with a mag or two go for here was about $1700. I suspect prices would be a couple hundred more elsewhere. Buyers here are better equipped to bargain hunt.

I would try to contact Tony and ask for his professional opinion on what an equivalent build would be expected to bring under current market conditions. Maybe he'd be willing to write you a letter that you could show your insurance company.

• Like 2

$2000

he can ask for that, and he might get it. but, insurance companies are not know for giving what you "deem it's value", they sure like to collect premiums, but when it comes to paying out, they tend not to give you what you ask for

$2000

he can ask for that, and he might get it. but, insurance companies are not know for giving what you "deem it's value", they sure like to collect premiums, but when it comes to paying out, they tend not to give you what you ask for

They're factoring in depreciation, and it's a pretty big hit on the firearms since they're so old (a remington 700 was taken also and the depreciated value is like $95). But, they'll reimburse the difference if I purchase one and show the receipt for the purchase amount. It's been less of an issue than I thought it would be, but if I try to change that 900 into 1200 or whatever I determine, they may balk.

So what happens if insurance pays for that gun.. you get another one.. and they find yours a year later.

He would have two legal choices: 1. Give the insurance company their money back 2. Turn the gun over to the insurance company. The flip side is that he could keep the returned gun, but face the chances of being charged with insurance fraud if they ever found out about it and had a hard on for gun owners.

Clange,

Sorry to hear about the intrusion into your personal space by some dirtbag. Getting a good safe is obviously the best choice, but anything is better than nothing as you now know. Just be mindful about alarm systems. Most real criminals know that once the alarm goes off, they have at least 5 minutes inside of your house before the call is even dispatched to a road officer/deputy. Most alarm companies will try an call you first when the alarm is tripped, in the event that it was accidental, which takes time. If they can't get ahold of you, then they will contact your local agency and place a call for service, which takes even more time. Most agencies will stack the call, meaning that if there are higher priority calls for service holding (traffic accidents, injured people, robberies, etc.), then your alarm call gets pushed further back. One way to combat this is to have a camera installed with the alarm system that you can monitor with your smart phone or the alarm company can monitor for you. If your alarm is tripped, then they can pull up the camera and actually watch and get a description of the suspects. Now when they call the local agency, they are reporting an in-progress burglary instead of an alarm call. A burglary gets them there as a priority call, the other gets them there when they have a free car and are caught up on priority calls. I know it sound sucky, but in some high volume call jurisdictions, it is the only way to accomplish anything. And, if your alarm system is landline based, make sure that it has a cell phone backup (housed internally within the alarm). We have been seeing a ton of burglaries where the landline has been cut on the outside of the house, rendering the alarm useless. With the cell backup, it will still trip with the monitoring company even if the landline cut. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

$2000

They're factoring in depreciation, and it's a pretty big hit on the firearms since they're so old (a remington 700 was taken also and the depreciated value is like $95). But, they'll reimburse the difference if I purchase one and show the receipt for the purchase amount. It's been less of an issue than I thought it would be, but if I try to change that 900 into 1200 or whatever I determine, they may balk.

That's bass ackwards. Firearms almost always appreciate. At least all of mine have.

Hope you find your weapon. Make sure to post it on the online auction forums like gunbroker and so on. Let your local and state police know the serial number and then make sure the BATF knows it's stolen. Our local cops are so lazy that they didn't put the serial numbers down as stolen. They were probably hoping to keep it for themselves.

Get that number out there! Good luck! I hope you get your baby back. Get an estimate from tromix and tell the insurance company to shove it if they don't pay up. A build like that will cost more than 2K these days with all the stuff you have on there.

$2000

That's bass ackwards. Firearms almost always appreciate. At least all of mine have.

Hope you find your weapon. Make sure to post it on the online auction forums like gunbroker and so on. Let your local and state police know the serial number and then make sure the BATF knows it's stolen. Our local cops are so lazy that they didn't put the serial numbers down as stolen. They were probably hoping to keep it for themselves.

Get that number out there! Good luck! I hope you get your baby back. Get an estimate from tromix and tell the insurance company to shove it if they don't pay up. A build like that will cost more than 2K these days with all the stuff you have on there.

Well, they are doing the depreciation off the current new cost, and if that's what it takes to replace it they will reimburse the difference. They upped the value for the saiga-12 to 1100, plus tax, and i added on a transfer fee. I see atlantic has some factory pistol grip options so that's what I gave to them.

I looked at the BATF site about reporting them stolen, but all I found was more for FFLs. I'll look again.

So what happens if insurance pays for that gun.. you get another one.. and they find yours a year later.

He would have two legal choices: 1. Give the insurance company their money back 2. Turn the gun over to the insurance company. The flip side is that he could keep the returned gun, but face the chances of being charged with insurance fraud if they ever found out about it and had a hard on for gun owners.

Clange,

Sorry to hear about the intrusion into your personal space by some dirtbag. Getting a good safe is obviously the best choice, but anything is better than nothing as you now know. Just be mindful about alarm systems. Most real criminals know that once the alarm goes off, they have at least 5 minutes inside of your house before the call is even dispatched to a road officer/deputy. Most alarm companies will try an call you first when the alarm is tripped, in the event that it was accidental, which takes time. If they can't get ahold of you, then they will contact your local agency and place a call for service, which takes even more time. Most agencies will stack the call, meaning that if there are higher priority calls for service holding (traffic accidents, injured people, robberies, etc.), then your alarm call gets pushed further back. One way to combat this is to have a camera installed with the alarm system that you can monitor with your smart phone or the alarm company can monitor for you. If your alarm is tripped, then they can pull up the camera and actually watch and get a description of the suspects. Now when they call the local agency, they are reporting an in-progress burglary instead of an alarm call. A burglary gets them there as a priority call, the other gets them there when they have a free car and are caught up on priority calls. I know it sound sucky, but in some high volume call jurisdictions, it is the only way to accomplish anything. And, if your alarm system is landline based, make sure that it has a cell phone backup (housed internally within the alarm). We have been seeing a ton of burglaries where the landline has been cut on the outside of the house, rendering the alarm useless. With the cell backup, it will still trip with the monitoring company even if the landline cut. Hope this helps.

Thanks, the one I got is all cell based. I'll probably add the camera on the next paycheck, just didn't have the cash now. It's almost $200 for the camera, but it will record and upload video clips. I'll probably also not put up any sign or stickers for two reasons 1) if there's a weakness I don't know about and 2) if they come back and kick in the door I can get them on camera, even if they bail right away hopefully.

$2000

That's bass ackwards. Firearms almost always appreciate. At least all of mine have.Hope you find your weapon. Make sure to post it on the online auction forums like gunbroker and so on. Let your local and state police know the serial number and then make sure the BATF knows it's stolen. Our local cops are so lazy that they didn't put the serial numbers down as stolen. They were probably hoping to keep it for themselves.

Yup I work with a guy that was robbed of a few guns and one (a very expensive over under 12 gauge) was found and held in evidence for some reason and somehow it went missing from the evidence locker! That was 7 years ago and they're finally doing an internal investigation after years of raising a stink about how his $5000 shotgun handed down from his dad (and this guy is in his 60's himself) ended up missing while in possession of the popo. I wouldn't feel any more comfortable with the police holding my gun than it being out on the street, as far as getting it back.

I have a question how is posting the Serial number going to make the weapon useless per poolingmyignorgance?

I said "worthless" not useless.

The more people who are aware of a weapon having been stolen makes that particular weapon less valuable, as criminals don't tend to deal even at pawn shop cut throat prices. Although some people don't seem to care if they buy a gun from people who " sell a lot of stuff legal or not". At least those of us with scruples won't be contributing to the problem.