sRMCrNH.jpg

Bought my MAK-90 about 7 years ago had the choate skeleton stock on it and decided it was time for a change. the finish had seen better days so i stripped it down, did a new paint job, high temp engine enamel, and put the plum K-VAR stock set on it. turned out pretty good. only piece i didnt have to file on was the pistol grip.

post-43709-0-37180100-1370455225.jpg

Edited by SmibRover

sometime this summer Im getting the bonesteel folder and the css lower handguard bolt on retainer so I can slap on ye old standard style ak furniture. That should essentially give it the classic Russian folder AK look. I however am not a huge fan of grinding a grove into my barrel to put the adapter on. I dont mind the bolt on option either.

I like it a lot. Was the stock set US made? And you said file? Did you do a lot of fitting to the handguard?

yes us made kvar set. the most work went into the buttstock but had to file both upper and lower hand guards. it wasnt specifically made for the Chinese rifles so a lil work was required, did it all with a bastard file, a razor blade and a coping saw to cut the tab on lower hand guard pretty much in half to fit in receiver.