Salem 6 Magazines - Rustolium removal

Anyone know the best way of completely removing the spray on Rustoleum paint on these Salem 6 extensions? Is it possible to evenly remove all the paint to return to the original black?

photo22.JPG

Sorry to change the subject,but if you had an opportunity to return your MKA to all of its orginal color black(keeping the aftermarket parts) would you ??? or is the magazines taking the FDE color over the top??

I was thinking of doing the same color combo as your pictured in your profile, how come you want to return the mags to black?

FRED

Anyone know the best way of completely removing the spray on Rustoleum paint on these Salem 6 extensions? Is it possible to evenly remove all the paint to return to the original black?

Sorry to change the subject,but if you had an opportunity to return your MKA to all of its orginal color black(keeping the aftermarket parts) would you ??? or is the magazines taking the FDE color over the top??

I was thinking of doing the same color combo as your pictured in your profile, how come you want to return the mags to black?

FRED

I'm happy with the color combo on the firearm itself. I dislike the fact its not a durable coating on the magazine and the first time its sees real use the mags will be scratched all to hell. Its also a slight shade off Magpul FDE. I'm unsure if the color change puts the FDE theme over the top or not...

Is there anything more durable that could be painted over it; or would it have to be stripped to put on a more durable finish?

Krylon Fusion is made for plastic...maybe that. Scuff the existing paint as best as you can and try it, worst case scenario, you end up bead blasting them in the end, as was suggested.

I did see a guy who had dipped his in Plasti-dip (the stuff you use on hand tools)...looked pretty cool and was very durable, but taking them apart would be a problem, for the Salem 6 mags.

Edited by compshootfl

I just got some new magazines for my MKA 1919 (see pictures below). I've got the OEM 5-round, Salem6 10-round, OEM 10-round, Firebird F15 15-round, and Roulette Tactical 18-round. I haven't had a chance to test the last two (I recently received them), but I'll try to make a video as soon as I do.

I placed a 30-round AK47 magazine and 15-round .40 pistol magazine on both sides so that you could see the relative size of the magazines.

post-47704-0-26376400-1371317957_thumb.jpg
post-47704-0-48963800-1371317964_thumb.jpg
post-47704-0-56970500-1371317979_thumb.jpg