Good job. I see you've been reading.

Freeze that pad and use a belt sander or disc grinder. It will go smoothly and quickly as long as you are letting it pull the material rather than push it. As soon as it starts to warm up, chuck it in the freezer and work on something else for a few minutes. When you get close you can oil it for a smooth polished texture, or leave it on just the sander or grinder for matte finish. Use a flap wheel of med grit if you want suede texture to finish. It will kind a tug if you use a flap wheel, so be ready.

Which tube weight did you choose?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome. Enjoy your saiga, and bring a small piece of freedom to your corner of the world.     +1 They need to drop that witch hunt. There have been idiots before that came and went and pulled she

You've been needlessly accusing a lot of people. Stop.

Got any abrasive asshole balm? Or ran out a long time ago?

almost home free, was contemplating bending the excess metal on the bho inward giving a lip for easier manipulation while moving the excess metal out of the way.

also have to get some longer screws for my mag block as the ones that come with the solar tactical are too short to work with the carolina ss trigger guard.

I tried that with the BHO. If you bend it, there is no practical way to install it. Worse there just isn't enough material to hold to get a clean bend. I think if that is your goal, you should enlarge it's pass through hole and weld onto it to make it thicker while grinding it shorter.

since there will only be about an 1/8 or less of material that sticks past the receiver i was plannning on heating the tip with a torch then hammering the metal inwards toward the trigger, while i know this isnt a lot of material to bend just folding it a little will give enough clearence for my trigger finger but also with the bend going inwards i will be able to still install and remove the bho. the trigger will need to be removed to install the bho. worst comes to worst, i screw it up and have to spend another 14 for a new bho.

bought some 80 grit and 120 grit sanding belts for my sander. just need to cut off most the excess pad and plastic from my recoil pad so i dont have a ton of plastic shavings every where

IMO, just sand from the start. I find that trying to cut them with a knife or saw is more likely to ruin the whole thing. It seriously goes quick to do the bulk of stock removal. Maybe 5-8 minutes. Then chuck it back in the freezer so that it is firm again for the finish passes.

i ended up not bending the bho and just trimmed about 1/8 of an inch off of it.

i didnt freeze the recoil pad, used a descent amount of wd40 which helped a lot.

3ogg.jpg

zs2h.jpg

o05v.jpg

now im just waiting on the CSS molot brake and ill be finished modifying this shotgun for a while. still hant to add optic and handguards but thoes can wait for now.

i used a sharpie to color the bho when it was in the all locked position so i knew how much to remove. i took off enough for it to extend a tiny amount past the receiver, but now it doesn't irritate my finger at all. gonna take it to the shooting range tomorrow and test it with some win bulk ammo to make sure it cycles. also gonna see how much of a difference the css molot brake makes

• 6 months later...

i know its been a while since i last posted due to work and school. was finally able to take the saiga 12 to the range, slugs function 100 percent thru the shotgun but win bulk doesnt.  the shotgun is a 4 port gas system. how much bigger should i open up the gas ports to allow the win bulk to cycle 100 percent.

once the win bulk is 100percent gtg ill change the stock gas plug for the auto plug i have.

I would try the cheap Federal ammo and see how that functions.

I don't think I have heard of too many people who were successful at achieving reliability with that Winchester target load. From my personal experience and what I have read here it just don't work, so I just don't buy it anymore. I really wanted my Saiga to eat absolutely everything I put in it (probably like you). I guess I ended up settling for everything except that cheap Winchester shat. The Federal sits right next to Winchester at Wally World so it is real easy for me. I just grab the red/black box instead of the white/gray one.

RIO buckshot runs like a champ so I use that a lot too. Doesn't fit in my drums but you probably won't have that problem haha.gif

• 1 month later...

maybe at your wally world but here in the cali were hard pressed to actually find ammo for the most part. last couple of walmarts ive been to have only had win bulk pack and not the federal. ill have to look around for some federal, but as it stands i have almost 500 rounds of win bulk which is why i want to try and make it work.  I can try opening up the gas holes one wire size at a time till it works. i also have a tac47 plug to install after i get this all set up and correct. dont shoot to many slugs but i do shoot a lot of bird shot.