I know this has been hashed and rehashed but Friday Im finally ordering one or the other. I like the Tech 200s serries. It is the one that is windage and elevation adjustable. The krebs seems like a good choice as well. It should be noted that I dont mind the extra step in field stripping the Tech style. Practice would make perfect. What are your thoughts?

I know this has been hashed and rehashed but Friday Im finally ordering one or the other. I like the Tech 200s serries. It is the one that is windage and elevation adjustable. The krebs seems like a good choice as well. It should be noted that I dont mind the extra step in field stripping the Tech style. Practice would make perfect. What are your thoughts?

I have the Tech Sights on one of my rifles, and it is more than just an extra step, it is a pain in the ass. You have to hold and move everything just right, or the plungers pop back into the holes as you are trying to remove the cover. I'm eventually going to put a TWS rail with their peep on that rifle and sell the TS. The TS was a step forward at the time they were introduced, but I think they have been eclipsed in terms of options for increasing your sight radius. The ability to adjust at the rear sight is nice, but IMO doesn't outweigh the PITA factor of getting the cover off and on.

Is it really that bad? I mean I proably only take my cover off 5 times a year unless I shoot it a lot. I don't clean my guns unless I shoot them atleast a few hundred times. And I was thinking about getting the tech sight, is it that bad? I don't mind a pain in the ass as I don't clean my guns like some people do.

thats what i was thinking Monty. The Krebs is nice, dont get me wrong, but its just a peep site. The tech sites increase the sight distance as well as come with elevation and windage adjustment. I may have just sold my self. They are only 120 bucks vs the TS rail. I dont recall how much they run.

i wish they had a good video of the removal process of the tech sites.

One other thing about the dust cover on the Tech Sights, is that it's a pretty poor design even ignoring the retention plungers. It's got a protrusion at the rear of the ejection port that seems like it is designed to chew up your hand when you work the charging handle. That probably bothers me more than the plungers and field stripping.