Well, not that they(my VWs) are really "Car-Show" cars in the traditional Fancy-scmancy sense, but this is a hot rod/rat rod custom car/motorcycle show that is not "Stuffy" at all. Just Good folks with Cool cars. I'm sure there will be a few really impressive cars there, but everyone involved seems really Down to earth and Cool. So, I think my Kooky VWs will fit in, in their own way.

The lovely Lady and I will be camping out in the Wonderbus.

post-16191-0-17571300-1371008591_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-62235600-1371008610_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Ok Rez, you sucked me into this thread with VW, now after seeing your pics the ACVW is my third love! I currently have a 1971 type 1 lowered in the front(cal look).

While your wonderbread bay window is not my style, but still cool. I am looking for a transporter(kinda, money is a slight bit tight), the wife wants a squareback though.

ENTER that ride!

By not my style, I mean the color, not the bay window! LOL

Edited by Bigtwin

Thanks. They give us Miles of Smiles! Plus, an added bonus is that the Beetle is a 2 tone, so You can Punch someone Twice, when you see it, if yer quick!

Edit: my Lovely Lady wants a Ghia...

Edited by RobRez

never had a transporter, drove one a couple of times, must be an acquired taste. my only beetle was a dune buggy, fun times in Denver in the late 70s but a bad choice for winter, saw most of the Rockies in it. (photo not mine but same body) had an early Golf and now have a Passat wagon, love the German cars.

If I ever get a transporter I'm stealing your style that has the "LOOK". Both of yours are care show worthy.

post-26137-0-36755900-1371061548.jpg

Thanks I sold the baja a few years ago and I am still kicking myself for it, it was like selling one of my kids! I built both of them and have uncountable hours in both of them.

I think you really should set a table in front of the microbus with some loafs of wonderbread and peanut butter on them to make sandwiches "for sale"

• Like 1

Thanks I sold the baja a few years ago and I am still kicking myself for it, it was like selling one of my kids! I built both of them and have uncountable hours in both of them.

I think you really should set a table in front of the microbus with some loafs of wonderbread and peanut butter on them to make sandwiches "for sale"

We've had a similar idea actually. We would just have a cooler full of pre-made, ziplocked, peanut butter and jelly sammies, and sell those. This way we can aviod any Health Dept rules for preparing food outdoors and stuff, ( sinks, running water and the like) since we wouldn't be handling any food on site.

This car show is @ a bar/restaurant and they won't allow beer or food vendors. Bummer.

Thanks. They give us Miles of Smiles! Plus, an added bonus is that the Beetle is a 2 tone, so You can Punch someone Twice, when you see it, if yer quick!

Edit: my Lovely Lady wants a Ghia...

I grew up with ACVW's, at one point as a kid we had around 12 of them on the property(in various states of restoration) one I remember the most was the 64 split window type 2, never got on the road but was very clean. My dad and my stepmother drove ghias as a daily drivers. My stepmothers was 67 and my dads was a 71.

When I was 13 I got a 1970 baja(while all my friends had dirtbikes, I had a baja), I lived in the sierras of California at that time and I could drive all over the place without getting on any public roads.

• Like 1

Went to a car show 2 1/2 weeks ago. Not ONE vw there! Only 5 -6 Mopars there. But, get this - A local car dealership named BOSS Motors (in Kansas) had like 15 302 BOSS Mustangs from the late sixties, early seventies - ALL in pristine showroom condition, no to low miles. I'm not a big Mustang fan, but it was just effing AWESOME! All colors, all styles, factory fresh. WoW! A beautiful sight to behold. Your VW Bus is very cool!

Edited by coronet

I will also have T-shirts with a small drawing of my Bus on the front left chest area, and my VW-AK logo design, huge on the back.

I'll try and sell them @ the show to help offset any expenses for the show.

post-16191-0-90301600-1371232501_thumb.jpg

I will also have T-shirts with a small drawing of my Bus on the front left chest area, and my VW-AK logo design, huge on the back.

I'll try and sell them @ the show to help offset any expenses for the show.

attachicon.gifGUNS (2).jpg

Very good looking logo! Any chances they will show up for sale th the rest of us ACVW folks on this forum?

Oh and let us know how the car show went for ya!

Well, the show was a blast! I may have had a few more drinks than needed, but I enjoyed them all! Lots of very nice Rat Rods w/ great ingenuity and craftsmanship. We/the dogs had fun......well, the dogs were awesome and pretty much crashed out in the Wonderbus most of the weekend.

post-16191-0-00141100-1371539785_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-17906400-1371539819_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-94133400-1371539848_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-25328700-1371539978_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-25441400-1371539885_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Years ago a buddy of mine got a wild hare to put his car in a show. I forget what the car was but your VWs are way cooler and in better shape. He just wanted an excuse to hang out and drink some beer on a Saturday.

He had several trophies he’d picked up at garage sales for stuff like little league, bowling, and darts he put out in front of the car. People would be walking by then they’d see the trophies. That would stop them then they’d spend some time looking hard at the car trying to figure out how it ever won an award. No one ever looked at the trophies to see what they were for.

• Like 3

The web site I got the awning from is busdepot.com. Warn him that they have lots of awesome stuff for VWs!!!! Keep that credit card in check!!!!! Great place to buy stuff from. I have made a few transactions with them and I am very pleased with the products they sell. The awning can connect right to the Bus, so no stakes or ropes needed to set it up. I love it.

edit: if he is not yet a member of thesamba.com, he should be. Tons of great info there, but kind of a more "stuffy" web site than here.

Edited by RobRez

Years ago a buddy of mine got a wild hare to put his car in a show. I forget what the car was but your VWs are way cooler and in better shape. He just wanted an excuse to hang out and drink some beer on a Saturday.

He had several trophies he’d picked up at garage sales for stuff like little league, bowling, and darts he put out in front of the car. People would be walking by then they’d see the trophies. That would stop them then they’d spend some time looking hard at the car trying to figure out how it ever won an award. No one ever looked at the trophies to see what they were for.

Okay, Mr. Baker, that is a GREAT story! Thanks for sharing... and giving me a few ideas!

edit: if he is not yet a member of thesamba.com, he should be. Tons of great info there, but kind of a more "stuffy" web site than here.

Yep, if you own an ACVW and are not yet a member of The Samba, you should be! Tons of info and tons of help if you need it for the ACVW. Much like this place but for a different product.

As for the "stuffy" part....yes.....but do remember it has some youth participation as well.....it is for cars not guns, family friendly!

The web site I got the awning from is busdepot.com. Warn him that they have lots of awesome stuff for VWs!!!! Keep that credit card in check!!!!! Great place to buy stuff from. I have made a few transactions with them and I am very pleased with the products they sell. The awning can connect right to the Bus, so no stakes or ropes needed to set it up. I love it.

He's aware of both of them, but didn't know they had the awning. Should be good to go, much appreciated.