can`t remove flash hider on legion saiga12

just how tight are these flash hiders put on at the factory.

was going to purchase some chokes for my legion saiga12 433a. tried to get the flash hider

off and it would not budge. there is a very small flat spot on the base of the hider( i assume

that is for a wrench to take hold of) but it kept slipping off. were they screwed on with red

loc-tite or whats the deal. should i heat it up a little and then try it?

need a little help. thanks!

just a thought, i was assuming they are r-handed threads. maybe they are l-handed?

You are correct in thinking it's threaded right handed. I know your model doesn't have the FSB like mine but when they do install the FSB the factory uses glue. I can see some residual glue around the edges of my FSB. Look at your flash hider. I wonder if this is the case with the flash hiders on the 433A? You may want to start a thread in Legion's business sections and ask them directly. They would know for sure. But I"m thinking you're going to need to heat it up quiet hot.

thanks man! i will do that. did you get my last im? the bho was a go! i can get any of the different brand shells i have to

work with the SGM mags now.

I did and I was happy to hear that. Consider updating everyone in your magazine thread. What you did is good information that we should disseminate around the forum.

Even though Legion has been around for a year or so we're pretty much the first large group (panic buyers) that bought builds from Legion USA. They're a slightly different beast. Each model has their own particular nuances. Mine happens to be that damn dragunov stock setup. We're learning about them as we go. The question I want answered is will Chaos's Vepr-12 Quad rail work on Legion's builds? Quite possibly so, who's going to be the first to try?

No derail here. Keep us posted on this flash hider issue. I'm not sure if the factory installed it or Legion did during the conversion. I just checked their website and they state under the 433a description that "All Saiga-12 shotguns have a threaded barrel so you can add various chokes or muzzle brakes." So that rules out it being welded. One thing you might want to check and see is if you can find any markings on the flash hider. If you see a USA somewhere then we know Legion installed it. If not then the factory probably did and there is a good chance they used glue. .

hi ya! got the flash hider off. its usa made. some sort of a funny looking "H" design above the usa print.

really,really small etch. anyway, lots of some yellowish-white ,gummy glue was used to keep it on.

had to heat it up with mini torch. right-handed threads. wrench to use is, get this, 23mm. ( for usa made hider).

anyway, got it off. going to get a set of SGM chokes now. unless any of you know where else to buy?

are all the threads the same on a saiga 12, no matter where they come from? want to make sure if i

get the sgm chokes, they will fit.

thanks man! i will do that. did you get my last im? the bho was a go! i can get any of the different brand shells i have to

work with the SGM mags now.

Please inform fellow Legion Saiga-12 owners of what you did with your bho. I will need to make this change myslef and I'm very interested.