saiga12 sight

I have a ribbed sight on my saiga, I bought the ak style sights and removed the ribbed sight, but now there is the prtrusion with the threads at the end of the gas tube. What should I do? I am going to have tromix convert the gun to pistol grip and refinish the gun, should I have him grind it off? Or does somebody want one of these? Can you exchange gas tubes? TIA, Chuck

If you are going to have Tromix do the work, then you've got no worries. Just ask Tony what he would do. In fact, the slogan on this board should be WWTD (what would Tony do) :super:

I know Im in good hands, but Im now wondering if you can change gas tubes. See, I have another saiga 12 that has a 22'' barrell with reg sights, and I have this saiga that has factory short, threaded barrell with ribbed sights. I might want to put the ramped sight on my 22'', as I use her for a skeet gun as the ramp sights would be better. Hmmm, I guess Ill see if I can change the gas tubes around,. I know my way around an ak, but have never messed with a saiga gas tube.

I have a ribbed sight on my saiga, I bought the ak style sights and removed the ribbed sight, but now there is the prtrusion with the threads at the end of the gas tube. What should I do? I am going to have tromix convert the gun to pistol grip and refinish the gun, should I have him grind it off? Or does somebody want one of these? Can you exchange gas tubes? TIA, Chuck

How is the ribbed sight removed? Is it possible to buy these some where? I'd like to put one on my S20.

How is the ribbed sight removed? Is it possible to buy these some where? I'd like to put one on my S20.

If you mean that you have ribbed sights, and want to get ak style sights, then, to remove the ramp sights you tap the rear sight sideways out of the dovetail and then unscrew the front elevation knob and they will come right off. As far as getting the ak style sights, someone here might be able to help you find them. I bought mine off e-gay a year ago and paid around $70.

If you mean that you have ribbed sights, and want to get ak style sights, then, to remove the ramp sights you tap the rear sight sideways out of the dovetail and then unscrew the front elevation knob and they will come right off. As far as getting the ak style sights, someone here might be able to help you find them. I bought mine off e-gay a year ago and paid around $70.

OH I'm just talking about the sight rail thats on some of the Saiga shotgun. I couldn't find one for sale and wasn't sure how it would be mounted.

Check your PMs killer.

Chucku you would have to swap the gas blocks on the two guns to do what you want. I'm trying to find a way to put a ribbed sight on one of my 12s too without much luck so far. it looks like my only option is to drill and tap the GB for metric threads so I can put the stud in up front. After hearing about that other guy melting his GB trying to weld a sling loop on it I'm afraid to try and weld it on. Plus there is not much room to work with that tiny little stud.