BCI Defense out of Indiana is now manufacturing AR lowers. I got #238 and the fit and finish are superior to most lowers I've seen. Easily outclassed the Rock River and Spikes lowers I compared it to. Best part is that it was only 138 bucks, so prices seem to be returning to sane levels.

If you want a quality lower that almost no one else has yet, you should check them out.

Tim

Pictogram markings or safe & fire? I like the pictograms myself.

Safe/fire. An individual preference, but either works for me. Curiously though, I have seen several pictures of lower SN#s and they are marked "5'56 caliber". Mine is marked 'Multi Caliber' which I strongly prefer since I'm building a 6.5 Grendel on it.

I am assuming the lower is a stripped lower?

Yes indeed, it's a stripped lower. They have just gotten into production but do plan on complete rifles at some point.

Safe/fire. An individual preference, but either works for me. Curiously though, I have seen several pictures of lower SN#s and they are marked "5'56 caliber". Mine is marked 'Multi Caliber' which I strongly prefer since I'm building a 6.5 Grendel on it.

Yeah it doesn't really matter in my state about chamber marking. So long as I went through the federal back ground check it's cool, Feds are the only ones that care in this state. I've got a 5.56 lower with a GP 7.62x39 upper on it myself.

Edited by ShadowFire
  • 1 month later...

Yeah it doesn't really matter in my state about chamber marking. So long as I went through the federal back ground check it's cool, Feds are the only ones that care in this state. I've got a 5.56 lower with a GP 7.62x39 upper on it myself.

How does your GP upper run? is it reliable as far as handling the 7.62x39 ammo? Looking at my next AR build and while I would love to do a 300 blk, I love the x39 round and it is way cheaper at this point.