Saiga 223 magazine problem

I wanted to get extra magazines for my Saiga 308 and my Saiga 223.

Finding original factory made magazine seems impossible. So I opted to go with American-made magazines. The company I am listing below sells some of them.

The magazines I purchased for my 223 do not allow the bolt to be pulled back or go forward at all when these magazines are inserted because the bolt is hitting the magazine quite solidly.

The three await magazines cause most of the bullets to jam, tear apart, not charge smoothly, etc.

This is the company, and a link to the 223 magazines I purchased:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-316/Saiga-223-Magazine-Surefire/Detail

And here is a link to the three await magazines:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-317/Saiga-308-10rd-Surefire/Detail

This aforementioned company told me they don't take direct returns, which is unfortunate, and told me I need to deal with the manufacturer, which is this company:

www.Calegalmags.com

I was told by a fellow Saiga owner, that I should've gone what Surefire magazines. I am not sure if these are Surefire magazines. Are they? Are they not?

The manufacturer may not back the purchase, and fix it. I have a couple hundred dollars put into these magazines. This is a serious issue for me. Both of the rifles are not converted, not modified in any way, straight from the factory, and work perfectly well with several different magazines which are factory made. I do not believe there is anything wrong with these rifles, quite firmly. It is definitely the magazines.

Any ideas or input please?

I don't know why you can't pull the bolt back (unless you have the safety on) but I assume that you know that Surefire mags have a bolt hold open feature when the magazine is empty. Could this be why the bolt won't close?

Sounds like the bolt hold open feature is working if the mags are unloaded?

Is the bolt hitting the mag when the magazine is loaded or unloaded ?

If this is happening when the magazine is unloaded then the magazine is working perfect and is holding the bolt open just like it is suppose to, by holding the bolt open after the last round is fired.

Hope this helps...

Sounds like the bolt hold open feature is working if the mags are unloaded?

Is the bolt hitting the mag when the magazine is loaded or unloaded ?

If this is happening when the magazine is unloaded then the magazine is working perfect and is holding the bolt open just like it is suppose to, by holding the bolt open after the last round is fired.

Hope this helps...

When mags unloaded, yes bolt hold ope feature is stopping the bolt from going back of forward. It is happen with rounds in it as well. The guns are fine; definitely a problem with the mags.

The 223 mags do not allow the bolt to move loaded or not.

The 308 mags jam up, and do not release well at all.

I also have a Saiga 7.62x39 on the way. Need mags for that as well.

Ideas?

I don't know why you can't pull the bolt back (unless you have the safety on) but I assume that you know that Surefire mags have a bolt hold open feature when the magazine is empty. Could this be why the bolt won't close?

Please read my post below on this.

Thanks

I have found a few SGM 223 mags to need a file stroke or two off the bullet guide. And as canoecanoe mentioned there is a last round bolt hold open feature.....

I am a tech idiot and no way I can do that

But thank you for the advice

Edited by AShotInTheDark1

How many factory Saiga .223 mags were you looking for ?

It depends on price. I would like two factory Saiga 223 magainnes minimum. If the price is right, I would possibly take more.

I also would like three Saiga factory 308 mags.

And five Saiga 7.62x39 factory mags.

If you or anyone else have any of the above please PM me.

Thank you

Get up a pic of the problem area that is stopping the bolt from moving.

With the mag inserted.

After reasoning with them, I was able to get them to let me ship them back.

They did not say for sure they will refund.

I will state what happens so others may choose to do business with them or not as they seem to be resistant to stand behind at least some of their products which I personally did not see at first and do not like whatsoever-lesson learned!

I have to ask, are you "babying" the bolt carrier forward, or are you pulling it back and releasing it, allowing the spring to force the carrier to return at full force?

The carrier/bolt will often appear to jam if you don't allow it to slam shut on its own.

I have to ask, are you "babying" the bolt carrier forward, or are you pulling it back and releasing it, allowing the spring to force the carrier to return at full force?

The carrier/bolt will often appear to jam if you don't allow it to slam shut on its own.

They took the magazines back, and am now looking for anyone selling 223, 308, or 7.62 factory magazines. If anyone has any, please PM me.

Thank you