• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wildbill84

Wildbill84

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

Hello and thanks for any feedback that can be givin. My vepr did not have a threaded barrel and I purchased a Manticore ak74 nite brake that I want to attach. I was planning on having a gunsmith thread the barrel for me anyways but the nite brake is in 24mm and my barrel is much smaller I assume would be 14mm. I looked on kvar at front sight posts with 24mm threads should I go that route or would it be best to have the barrel threaded 14mm and get an adapter to 24mm?

#2 Captain Hero

Captain Hero

Dont Give Up The Ship!

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,188 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

I doubt you'll get a FSB to fit the thicker Vepr barrel. Go the adapter route. Then you can still run other 14mm LH devices.

Captain hero u always have a slutty avatar, u don't get laid do u u fat fuckin retard. Serve ur fucking country and suck a dick.

#3 Wildbill84

Wildbill84

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

Thanks cap, ill go ahead and do that. Guess ill just have to use a crush washer to keep it on. Sure wish I had the plunger pin to keep it on tho but I guess it be silly to have the barrel turned down just to have a front sight post with a plunger pin put on :)

#4 menace667

menace667

Dissenter

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

in lieu of a crush washer you could use a jam nut. Reusable, allows the best timing adjustments, and is removable if desired. 

And Caesar's spirit, raging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

#5 cvasqu03

cvasqu03

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

I've been wanting to ask the same thing.  If I wanted to use a washer, what size washer should I use on a standard 7.62x39 saiga?  Would a Jam nut be better?   I have a muzzle break I'd like to install, but I'd also like the option to remove it and thread on a suppressor.  Would either of these options make it easier, or am I better off just using a thread protector instead of a brake?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users