Muzzle threads and brakes question

Hello and thanks for any feedback that can be givin. My vepr did not have a threaded barrel and I purchased a Manticore ak74 nite brake that I want to attach. I was planning on having a gunsmith thread the barrel for me anyways but the nite brake is in 24mm and my barrel is much smaller I assume would be 14mm. I looked on kvar at front sight posts with 24mm threads should I go that route or would it be best to have the barrel threaded 14mm and get an adapter to 24mm?

Thanks cap, ill go ahead and do that. Guess ill just have to use a crush washer to keep it on. Sure wish I had the plunger pin to keep it on tho but I guess it be silly to have the barrel turned down just to have a front sight post with a plunger pin put on :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been wanting to ask the same thing. If I wanted to use a washer, what size washer should I use on a standard 7.62x39 saiga? Would a Jam nut be better? I have a muzzle break I'd like to install, but I'd also like the option to remove it and thread on a suppressor. Would either of these options make it easier, or am I better off just using a thread protector instead of a brake?