Hello and thanks for any feedback that can be givin. My vepr did not have a threaded barrel and I purchased a Manticore ak74 nite brake that I want to attach. I was planning on having a gunsmith thread the barrel for me anyways but the nite brake is in 24mm and my barrel is much smaller I assume would be 14mm. I looked on kvar at front sight posts with 24mm threads should I go that route or would it be best to have the barrel threaded 14mm and get an adapter to 24mm?

I have the manticore flash hider on my sgl and i really dig it. If it were a saiga i would say get the front sight w/ integrated threads but i have no clue what the outside barrel diameter of a vepr is. If its larger itll need to be turned down to accommodate the front sight post. If money is no object i think id still do that just to have the nifty detent spring lol.

Do a google search for "14mm to 24mm adapter". Have the smith thread it for 14mmLH, add the adapter, then add your brake. Then if you decide to go with a 14mm brake later, simply remove the adapter.

ETA: Apex has one listed for $12+ride.

Edited by Lone Eagle