Getting a little middle age.

Last time it was shot was a 3 gun match. Did not have the bulge before.

Shot 60 rounds of bird shot and 2 slugs. I did have misses on the slugs but no one noticed anything weird. Nothing felt weird either.

Time to call RAA tomorrow.

Edited by ToysRUs

I guess I worded it poorly. I meant to ask what restriction was the choke.

Through the years I've heard:

#1) never use a choke tighter than MOD (sometimes they say never use FULL)

and

#2) as long as you use non-rifled lead slugs, any choke will work.

The tightest I have used for slugs is LM and I've stuck with that simply because it seems to be the most accurate with Remington Managed Recoil Slugs. If the gun is at risk with that choke, I would switch to a more open choke in a New York minute.

But I've probably shot a lot less slugs than most members of the forum have shot. Just wondered what choke restriction you were using.

Thanks.

Bill

Reloads.....

Dude,

I shoot over a combined 1,000 rounds a month between matches and practice. (9mm, .40, 5.56, slug & birdshot)

The only thing factory is the Win AA birdshot as it is not more economical to load it.

Everything else is taylored for recoil and accuracy.

"Reloads" is not an acceptable comment IMO.

Sorry for the incomplete sentence...my power went out for a short time and I lost Internet.

My complete thought is.

Reloads.... almost always have a higher chance of being undercharged. 90% of the time a bulged barrel is because of a squib load or semi squib load that part of the load was left in the barrel and a subsequent shot was fired and hit it and cleared it. Obstructions cause bulged barrels.

If anyone else can comment on a better scenario, then so be it.

Not trying to be an ass here, just stating facts backed up by 100 + years of other people's experiences.

With that said, it could be a bad barrel or other issue....10% chance.

I find your response a little unreasonable, in that you feel that your reloads are 100% perfect..always. It not of matter of if...but when, we are all human and the machine is not perfect either.

Sorry for your problem and I hope you get it resolved.

Edited by compshootfl
  • Like 1