How to fix a canted gas block?

Couldn't that cause this problem? http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/88798-how-to-fix-your-dented-saiga-12-barrel/

I'd like a better answer to this too, mine's canted so bad I don't trust the sights, I took the gas block off, and even the gas tube is pointing off to the left.

I have tried the beat it with a hammer approach, but because of the gas tube, it just goes back to where it was.

Sure it could.

You could also fill it, realign it, and redrill it. How are your skills?

+1, that is only way to do it right.

weld it, realign it, and redrill it. diy only if got welding skills & a drill press. if not leave to professional.

but if you have on carrier that seems to be more than a canted block to me......

Edited by bobabuee

I do have the skills to do that, but I don't have access to the tools at the moment.

I have been wondering if JB weld would hold well enough to be a temporary fix though, so I might have to try that.

I noticed my gas block is canted. What is the best way to fix this?

Lots of encouragement. As my mother used to say, "Can't never could." LOL

I would not use JB weld to stabilize the gas block. If the thing came loose, you could crack your carrier from abnormal wear. I'm not a fan of glued-together guns. Just my opinion...

I'm not a fan either, it'll still have the pins holding it in place, I'd be filling the notches, then re-cutting them so the gas block is straight, if it doesn't work, then it ends up back where it is.

I do have the skills to do that, but I don't have access to the tools at the moment.

I have been wondering if JB weld would hold well enough to be a temporary fix though, so I might have to try that.

just in pin grove no were else. could give it a shot and redrill but ultimately you need to weld it up

to do it right because forces and heat put on the barrel and gas tube . the groove is not that deep I dont think there is enough for jb to stick to my opinion.

but if you have carrier ware you have more issue than just a canted block.

Edited by bobabuee