What is your worst fear during a SHTF situation?

I really do enjoy reading other peoples thoughts on the matter.

Lets say.... We are invaded. Hypothetically speaking. Entire country is thrown into martial law in a matter of weeks.

War has hit our soil. Russia, China, North korea, Iran etc whoever finally made their move in a way we least expected (Joined forces or something).

Chances of seeing fighting or enemy soldiers are very high and our military is spread thin handling as much as possible. Fighting the enemy while trying to rescue civilians.

What would you do? If you couldn't get to safety bunkers or safe areas? Would you fight? If you do fight wouldn't they just radio back up?

My question is would you evacuate and try to make your way to a safe area while knowing you will see or probably face enemy troops or try and hide?

What would you do.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No toilet paper....

Tin Foil Hat story time.   Look at the bigger picture. Why do you think they want to really ban or limit any firearm? The US dollar is slowly being replaced as the worlds reserve currency which mean

my biggest fear ... my old lady survives

Posted Images

Deadeye said it best: fear of being separated from my children so I couldn't protect them.

I am not really worried about an invasion of the US, except by DHS. We have the worlds largest army: the armed citizens. If you don't already know the country, like DHS, you are in for a shit storm if you come to invade here.

I'd be okay until they brought in the artillery. Then I'd be dead. I really have no other place to go that is safer than right here. History has proven that. There was a Revolutionary War encampment on my property. The Hessian Trail ran across my property. From before that there is an indian burial mound right across the road from my barns. BIG woods and lots of cover and incredible views. And who is to say that I don't have "safe zones" on 190 acres?

I am not really worried about an invasion of the US, except by DHS. We have the worlds largest army: the armed citizens. If you don't already know the country, like DHS, you are in for a shit storm if you come to invade here.

Right.. but this is a hypothetical scenario. I'm more so just wanting to hear about peoples plans or what they would do in that kind of situation where you have to immediately make those life or death choices if war was to come here.

I just want to be able to formulate a solid plan of action for this kind of scenario.

There's fighting going on.

during the fighting enemy squads or platoons what have you are combing through neighborhoods,streets, etc. to round up civilians.

I can think of so many reasons why you shouldn't engage enemy soldiers (Trained killers, radio in for back up, full auto weaponry, numbers, etc.) and why trying to escape would be your best option.

I'm going to invest in a signal jammer. Maybe if I get one strong enough and was forced into a situation where i had to fight. I could cut off comms in a short radius. That would buy me time hopefully to escape.

But Im no soldier. Just a guy with a gun. faced with trained enemy soldiers about to break in your home in numbers. I think Id try to escape if possible. Shooting a group of soldiers carrying full auto weapons in like poking a bees hive i assume because theyd just start spraying the entire house.

imo, dont fight alone unless you have to. i would not be attacking the enemy unless we started organizing millitias, going after the enemy alone is suicide and will not help anyone try to stay low "out of sight out of mind"

Edited by Battosaii
  • Like 1

I just want to be able to formulate a solid plan of action for this kind of scenario.

There's fighting going on.

during the fighting enemy squads or platoons what have you are combing through neighborhoods,streets, etc. to round up civilians.

I can think of so many reasons why you shouldn't engage enemy soldiers (Trained killers, radio in for back up, full auto weaponry, numbers, etc.) and why trying to escape would be your best option.

I'm going to invest in a signal jammer. Maybe if I get one strong enough and was forced into a situation where i had to fight. I could cut off comms in a short radius. That would buy me time hopefully to escape.

But Im no soldier. Just a guy with a gun. faced with trained enemy soldiers about to break in your home in numbers. I think Id try to escape if possible. Shooting a group of soldiers carrying full auto weapons in like poking a bees hive i assume because theyd just start spraying the entire house.

If this is the case, then its time to put things into perspective really fast. Would you rather be helpless and put in a camp and be stripped of your liberties and weapons, or fight, die free and with your beliefs, or evade. There are only so many options in a sit like that. I would only fight as a last resort, depending on the scenario, but try to evade first. I would imagine that you would have some sort of warning beforehand, even if its just minutes, by somebody. Maybe.

Too many what if's to give you a play by play. Anything can, and likely will go wrong on both sides. Ive seen it happen. Since your not a soldier, its easy to read up on tactics employed by the likely suspects that your trying to prepare for. Read up on it, and get familiar with how they operate. The info is out there, and if your serious about wanting to be able to make the best decision possible, then look into all aspects of the possible scenario. Alternate escape routes, secondary locations for your equipment, etc...

Dont go in with guns blazing unless you see people being executed in the street. Id say if that were to happen, you wouldnt be the only one doing so, but make it quick. When the skirmish starts, it wont be long until bigger shit follows. Strike hard, fast, and get the fuck outta dodge. Especially in an urban environment.

It would be better than being maimed and living with no medical treatment.

I agree.

• Like 3

Invasion? What are you guys smoking? It will be civil war, martial law, societal and economic upheaval that hits this country, not a foreign power landing on our shores. I can envision a time when those in the resistance would welcome intervention by, oh I don't know, say by the Russians, with open arms.

It's already in place. The camps are built, the ammo is being stockpiled, the civil authorities are acquiring armored vehicles,automatic weapons, etc., and desensitizing themselves and the public to the blatant illegal activities they commit against us on a daily basis.

Let the inner city unwashed find out their EBT cards are worthless and there you have the spark, and all the excuse they will need to step in and restore order. Then all bets are off, and the door to door searches and the weapons confiscations will begin with all who resist being shot or sent to the FEMA camps.

Shit will get interesting then people. As for me, I will take what I can and bug out to the boonies. Hopefully find some like minded individuals.... we shall see....

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1

Invasion? What are you guys smoking? It will be civil war, martial law, societal and economic upheaval that hits this country, not a foreign power landing on or shores. I can envision a time when those in the resistance would welcome intervention by, oh I don't know, say by the Russians, with open arms.

It's already in place. The camps are built, the ammo is being stockpiled, the civil authorities are acquiring armored vehicles,automatic weapons, etc., and desensitizing themselves and the public to the blatant illegal activities they commit against us on a daily basis.

Let the inner city unwashed find out their EBT cards are worthless and there you have the spark, and all they excuse they will need to step in and restore order. Then all bets are off, and the door to door searches and the weapons confiscations will begin with all who resist being shot or sent to the FEMA camps.

Shit will get interesting then people. as for me, I will take what I can and bug out to the boonies. Hopefully find some like minded individuals.... we shall see....

I agree. Its more a matter of when IMO. Too much pointing to the obvious, especially when looking at it as a whole, rather than single events.

I jI'm going to invest in a signal jammer. Maybe if I get one strong enough and was forced into a situation where i had to fight. I could cut off comms in a short radius. That would buy me time hopefully to escape.

Modern Military Comms are secure and can microburst encrypted voice and data and scrambles the transmission utilizing a shit ton of frequencies in milliseconds, even with the aforementioned countries militaries you named in this scenario. You can't buy a jammer that will defeat this gear.

Back in the 80's they were bouncing encrypted comms off meteor showers -- now try to figure a way to jam that....

On the subject of resistance to (fill in the blank): it is better to die on your feet in freedom than to spend your lifetime bowed in subservience!

• Like 1

Tin Foil Hat story time.

Look at the bigger picture. Why do you think they want to really ban or limit any firearm? The US dollar is slowly being replaced as the worlds reserve currency which means this printing money scam the the US is doing to pay bills will pop. Already in the past 10 years the major countries have been signing agreements on how they will trade their currency (without the US dollar reserve currency exchange, Japan, China, Russia, India and so on. Makes you wonder why your Saigas are becoming more expensive huh? LOL).

Signs on the wall. Like it or not he dollar will devalue and won't be worth a shit. America, no longer a producer and lives as the largest consumer will get hit with the brunt of it. That EBT card as referenced before, you're right not worth the plastic it's made of. The dollar devalues then economic fall out will cause mass panic and revolt. It won't be a "Civil War" it will be a downright restart and the people responsible are scared. Enter DHS and martial law.... It will work in inner cities but I don't think in states like Texas and others alike will put up with it.

**** Dear NSA or any Gov. acronym analyst. The above is a fictitious story line concocted in a strange twilight sleep while having my teeth cleaned. In no way represents the views an opinion of the author in any way. Have another cup of Joe, donut and enjoy todays reading material****

Oh and my worst case scenario..... no Gold Bond Powder for my junk. Swamp ass and/or swamp balls suck.

• Like 4

SHTF comm is a whole nuther branch of complicated.

Been looking for an old tube HAM setup for anything near reasonable lately.

All kinds of options, nothing covers it all but jamming, or rather the attempt will git ya kilt.

My daughter lives about 900 miles away, not being able to link up with her is probably my worst fear. The rest of my family (mother, sisters, nieces and nephews) are about 2500 miles away, but if I had to choose my daughter wins. The rest of my family can take care of themselves and I'd get to them sooner or later.

Beyond that I'm in good shape, not where I'd want to be but better than 99% of the people. I've got food, ammo, seeds and more camping gear than I know what to do with... and camping gear works just fine for an "OH CRAP!" situation. I don't live in town and I have friends scattered across North America with room for me if it is needed.

I'm not worried about EMP. I keep my electronics in ammo cans, aka Faraday cages. Not to mention that recent studies show that most modern vehicles would actually survive an EMP, but I have some old vehicles that won't be affected. If I remember correctly it was an article by Duncan Long quite a few years ago that got people thinking about EMP. A few years back he posted an update correcting his earlier article in regards to modern vehicles and the effects of EMP on them. I've seen other information that agrees with his 2nd article. Either way, with newer and older vehicles I'm covered on both fronts. Plus we all have bicycles and I have some trailers that hook up to the bikes.

Antibiotics aren't that hard or expensive. Storage life according a US Military commissioned study showed that pill forms basically are safe for 10+ years beyond the 1 or 2 year expiration dates and after that they start to lose potency slowly. Liquids are another matter. Any of the cyclines (doxi, tetra, etc) turn toxic fairly quickly after their expiration dates.

Drug expiration dates (links to studies, etc) http://forum.survivalistssite.com/index.php?topic=2048.0

http://www.doomandbloom.net has an article on fish antibiotics that are the same as human antibiotics - same dosage, USP (means meets FDA standards for human use ie purity), same pill markings. Double check the pill markings on www.drugs.com and prove it to yourself. Humans can use some pig meds too. Stay away from others like cat, dog, horse, etc.

http://www.aquaticpharmacy.com/eshop has a lot of the most common antibiotics for your aquarium usage (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more) at reasonable prices.

Your basic antibiotic list:

Amoxicillin 250mg AND 500mg (FISH-MOX, FISH-MOX FORTE)

Ciprofloxacin 250mg and 500mg(FISH-FLOX, FISH-FLOX FORTE)

Cephalexin 250mg and 500mg (FISH-FLEX, FISH-FLEX FORTE)

Metronidazole 250mg (FISH-ZOLE)

Doxycycline 100mg (BIRD-BIOTIC) ***** DOES GO TOXIC after expiration date *****

Ampicillin 250mg and 500mg (FISH-CILLIN, FISH-CILLIN FORTE)

Sulfamethoxazole 400mg/Trimethoprin 80mg (BIRD-SULFA)

Clindamycin 150 mg

Azithromycin 250mg

Get a Physicians Desk Reference for the drug dosages, what they are used for, etc. Or do some internet research. I know one person that Azithromycin doesn't work on so he gets Augmentin (aka Amox/Clav) so there is generally more than one drug that will cover a given issue.

And as was already mentioned there are plenty of herbal cures out there.

I have some bleach, but even better I have pool shock that can be used to allow me to make thousands of gallons of bleach as I need it. Bleach has a short shelf life, as short as 6 months once opened. Crystal pool shock will keep for ever in a dry container, far longer than liquid bleach and it weighs a lot less too smile.png

• Like 1

All kinds of options, nothing covers it all but jamming, or rather the attempt will git ya kilt.

I purchased a 10-meter mobile rig off of Craigs List, took it to my radio guy and had him check it out and do a couple of mods, then I just put it in the safe. I run a base station so I don't need that radio right now. I also bought a BAOFENG Dual Band hand held radio, $75.00 with computer cable and CD for programing, programed and put in the safe 023.gif

I purchased the base radio I'm running on e-bay for $27.00 plus $25.00 shipping, the radio is just like brand new, runs great. There is a Ham/ CB thread on the forum here. If you need any help of have questions we can probably fix ya up 032.gif

• Like 1

I purchased a 10-meter mobile rig off of Craigs List, took it to my radio guy and had him check it out and do a couple of mods, then I just put it in the safe. I run a base station so I don't need that radio right now. I also bought a BAOFENG Dual Band hand held radio, $75.00 with computer cable and CD for programing, programed and put in the safe 023.gif

Another plug for the BAOFENG. Can be programmed to do a ton. Plus it's portable.

Back in the 80's they were bouncing encrypted comms off meteor showers -- now try to figure a way to jam that....

We had AN/PRC-117Fs with the Have Quick capabilities. You could bounce a signal off the moon it was so powerful. Also, you could link up through a satellite connection. Our MBITRs we personally carried could be networked with a Squad's Foxtrot so even Inter and Intra Team Comms could utilize the same capabilities. You are not buying a Satcom jammer at Radio Shack that will defeat this stuff.

Edited by MT Predator

I dont really know what else to say. There are too many things worth fighting for IMO, to just do nothing. I see so many people on a daily basis that would gladly give in put trust in those that would totally fuck them over in some shithole camp. Its sad that they would actually put their safety and well being into the hands of failure, and not take the chance to make something for themselves, or at least take the chance to rely on themselves.

I find it truly amazing that so many people are lost in what it means to be an American. Im glad Im not alone on this forum in those regards.

I dont really know what else to say. There are too many things worth fighting for IMO, to just do nothing. I see so many people on a daily basis that would gladly give in put trust in those that would totally fuck them over in some shithole camp. Its sad that they would actually put their safety and well being into the hands of failure, and not take the chance to make something for themselves, or at least take the chance to rely on themselves.

I find it truly amazing that so many people are lost in what it means to be an American. Im glad Im not alone on this forum in those regards.

I'm with you man, fuck that brainwashed camper bunch. I'd rather die trying on my own, or with other folks who really love liberty.

• Like 1

I'm with you man, fuck that brainwashed camper bunch. I'd rather die trying on my own, or with other folks who really love liberty.

+1.

Another plug for the BAOFENG. Can be programmed to do a ton. Plus it's portable.

Interested in the Baofeng. What can you guys tell me about them and their capabilities?